Sao Paulo Server latency

"
bitt_tb wrote:

The second gateway sounds like a good backup plan but maybe we don't have enough players in SA to justify it.

Well, maybe. I guess we have enough players for it, they just aren't here on English forum or Reddit forum because of language differences. But hard to tell without the number GGG surely got.

Also an improvement in the server could bring new players who actually doesn't want to play because of many connection issue during the league. I mean, the amount of players in Brazil, for example, playing this game increased a lot since 2015, when Sao Paulo GW was opened. And many of us have at least one or two friends that we showed the game to them and didn't stick together due to connection problems.
"
DEvil27 wrote:

When you switch location of a server, it is not a physical machine that you are transfering. It is only its data. GGG uses the machines located on that server. Also, it is not sure that the problems are in the server machine itself. Most probably it is a problem of communication between Sao Paulo Server and PC users or GGG central database where they make data backup, or something in that line.

reddit is repporting lots of lag and disconnect on frankfurt(EU) server as well.

It's mostly a GGG-server problem, not a brazil problem.

Frankfurt is located on Germany and I doubt germany have poor connections. We don't have bad connections either.

But, yes, 2 servers on south america is always a good option. Never said they shouldn't do that, what I'm saying is that changing a broken server from one place to other wouldnt change anything
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Sep 8, 2018, 12:47:14 PM
"
HoltKezed wrote:

Although I'm from Brazil, I still Stream on Twitch.tv ingest servers on Chile, they are the best!

If we are going to have a South American gateway I'd suggest Chile.

Brazil is just a hot mess of a country to do any kind of online business, specially if you're trying yo rent reliable servers.

For me the lag started a few days after bestiary ended, I couldn't play Incursion and probably will skip Delve and all future leagues if this is not solved.

I have almost every single supporter pack since closed beta, never thought it could end like this.

I mean at this point it's the only thing we can do. The gateway has been terrible for me since Abyss and I'm not interested in playing on Texas/DC for a subpar experience when I can play any other game with proper servers.

Just logged and the gateway is still offline. This is insane. I cannot imagine any decent gaming company with offline servers for more than a couple of hours let alone a whole day.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
We've been having network issues between the gateway and the rest of the realm over the last 12 hours. I'm going to push everything to Dallas until this is sorted.

any update or trying to use again the Sao Paulo GW?
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Theres only 1 server for all south america players... atleast create another server in chile so we can have 2 options
It's been already 15-16 hours of 180-200+ ms on BR server (even more than US servers like washington and texas), when I always play at 60-70
"
bloodstain77 wrote:
It's been already 15-16 hours of 180-200+ ms on BR server (even more than US servers like washington and texas), when I always play at 60-70

Is not the BR server actually, if you look up on the corner, the game is redirecting you to Washington for the last hours. Not sure if the SP may be still down been a while since the last official posting.
Last edited by SaintLucifer on Sep 8, 2018, 4:37:56 PM
"
SaintLucifer wrote:

Is not the BR server actually, if you look up on the corner, the game is redirecting you to Washington for the last hours. Not sure if the SP may be full or down.

It is down. We are being redirected to Washington on purpose until they fix the problem with Sao Paulo.
Server is down atm, guys. We're connecting on washington.

But, we're experiencing lag issues on it since last league. So, this thread still alive, unfortunately.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Sep 8, 2018, 4:39:48 PM
Wonder why they didn't redirect to Texas instead, since the ping to that one is lower for most of the "South Americans" by what i heard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info