Sao Paulo Server latency

Please post a WinMTR capture to br.login.pathofexile.com and I will take a look to see where stuff needs fixing.

Predictive mode is the equivalent of the netcode that most modern games use. Lockstep is only good when there is a reliable connection.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Please post a WinMTR capture to br.login.pathofexile.com and I will take a look to see where stuff needs fixing.

Predictive mode is the equivalent of the netcode that most modern games use. Lockstep is only good when there is a reliable connection.

The stuttering is back, is not as unplayable as before but there are frame drops and constant ping spikes.

All this started today, at least for me.
Last edited by Exelion39 on Jul 3, 2018, 8:03:00 PM
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Fitzy, did you miss my WinMTR by any chance? It's in the previous page (59), I managed to get the readings when it was all ok, then a few seconds before the disconnect, and finally when it returned to normal some hours later. It's in page 59. ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1917103/page/59)

According to the /logs/Client.txt file, After the disconnect the login server changed from br.login.pathofexile.com:20481 to br2.login.pathofexile.com:20481

However br2's last traceroute ended in this random website "mx66.vagasnewsletter.com.br"

What is wrong with the gateway, man? This is actually silly, you need to change the Gateway's ISP fast!! This one is plain bad.
"
HoltKezed wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Fitzy, did you miss my WinMTR by any chance? It's in the previous page (59), I managed to get the readings when it was all ok, then a few seconds before the disconnect, and finally when it returned to normal some hours later. It's in page 59. ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1917103/page/59)

According to the /logs/Client.txt file, After the disconnect the login server changed from br.login.pathofexile.com:20481 to br2.login.pathofexile.com:20481

However br2's last traceroute ended in this random website "mx66.vagasnewsletter.com.br"

What is wrong with the gateway, man? This is actually silly, you need to change the Gateway's ISP fast!! This one is plain bad.

I've gone back and had a look now. When you're having issues, it looks like packets are being dropped between c91180fd.virtua.com.br and as16735.belohorizonte.mg.ix.br. If this is continuing to happen, we can raise it with our host, but it's a quite a few hops before it hits their network.

Re: login servers - you can randomly connect to one of the two when your session is handed back to the login service.

Re: that hostname, I think this is just some reverse DNS record that still exists for someone who used to control that IP address - it can be ignored.

This provider is giving us significantly better performance to our last. They're more responsive and are happy to help with connectivity issues if we get troubleshooting information to forward to them. Swapping has not made Brazil's internet infrastructure any better, so this is probably going to continue to be something we have to deal with to a varying degree.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I've gone back and had a look now. When you're having issues, it looks like packets are being dropped between c91180fd.virtua.com.br and as16735.belohorizonte.mg.ix.br. If this is continuing to happen, we can raise it with our host, but it's a quite a few hops before it hits their network.

Re: login servers - you can randomly connect to one of the two when your session is handed back to the login service.

Re: that hostname, I think this is just some reverse DNS record that still exists for someone who used to control that IP address - it can be ignored.

This provider is giving us significantly better performance to our last. They're more responsive and are happy to help with connectivity issues if we get troubleshooting information to forward to them. Swapping has not made Brazil's internet infrastructure any better, so this is probably going to continue to be something we have to deal with to a varying degree.

Thanks Fitzy for your detailed reply.!
What is most intriguing to me is that none of this was happening during the Bestiary League, it started happening just before Incursion started, maybe that is just a coincidence, or something changed...
I'm having similar issues with frequent disconects, always preceded by huge ping spikes(from 30ms to 1.4k).

Plyaing on both of the US gateways feels better, even with higher ping and some rubberbanding, but there's no disconects.

br.login.pathofexile.com winmtr: https://pastebin.com/XLccxgXA
us.login.pathofexile.com winMTR: https://pastebin.com/cCg62T5Y
wdc.login.pathofexile.com WinMTR: https://pastebin.com/HM7AKEYp
"
Sh4ndo wrote:
I'm having similar issues with frequent disconects, always preceded by huge ping spikes(from 30ms to 1.4k).

Plyaing on both of the US gateways feels better, even with higher ping and some rubberbanding, but there's no disconects.

br.login.pathofexile.com winmtr: https://pastebin.com/XLccxgXA
us.login.pathofexile.com winMTR: https://pastebin.com/cCg62T5Y
wdc.login.pathofexile.com WinMTR: https://pastebin.com/HM7AKEYp

I've done some data collection on our end, and I'm not quite sure what's causing this.

There might be something weird going on between your and your ISP. I see a latency and packet loss jump on the last hop to you from the Brazil gateway. This doesn't show up from when tracing back to you from the Washington D.C. gateway.

I'll PM you a link to the data I gathered. You should be able to send this through to your provider with the ones you collected to give them a more detailed picture of what is happening.
"
HoltKezed wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Thanks Fitzy for your detailed reply.!
What is most intriguing to me is that none of this was happening during the Bestiary League, it started happening just before Incursion started, maybe that is just a coincidence, or something changed...

Exactly, this is the first league i am having this constant DC problems. It is very discouraging for the brazilian playerbase...
High latency here 12:55pm

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 469 | 469 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 94 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 161-160-89-200.fibertel.com.ar - 0 | 469 | 469 | 15 | 17 | 29 | 16 |
| 150-165-89-200.fibertel.com.ar - 0 | 469 | 469 | 16 | 20 | 34 | 25 |
| 190.94.182.161 - 0 | 469 | 469 | 11 | 18 | 823 | 12 |
| as262589.saopaulo.sp.ix.br - 6 | 384 | 362 | 119 | 120 | 131 | 120 |
| as262287.saopaulo.sp.ix.br - 6 | 392 | 372 | 118 | 122 | 143 | 120 |
| mx65.vagasnewsletter.com.br - 9 | 346 | 315 | 120 | 121 | 132 | 122 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

alt.br.pathofexile.com
Can someone explain me why i got 250ms on SP server and 180ms on texas? im from argentina and today started this problem. talked with my isp early in the morning and they dont see any problems

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info