The Fall of Oriath: The Harbour Bridge

more towelies weeeew
towelies fightning each other weeeew
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
"
HQuality wrote:
more towelies weeeew
towelies fightning each other weeeew

yey... more fighting towels... wohoo... just great...
Wipe Hype!
With this many towels, a wipe was simply unavoidable.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
The game that just keeps on giving!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Setharial wrote:
" so that can obtain new data " there's a "we" missing isn't it? :D

Hmmm, I don't see anything missing there... :P

Spoiler

Haha Bex, you cheeky monkey.
Saved
3.0 expected in mid july... 2018
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
So I guess the benches and MTXs aren't coming before the wipe? :-\ Oh well, time to wait.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Generic names look like placeholders. And while it's fine here and there (we do, after all, call it the Harbour Bridge and rarely Sydney Harbour Bridge), Wraeclast is riddled with them. We have 'The Prison' when it's clearly 'Axiom Prison'; 'The Ledge' is actually 'Silenus Bluffs'; 'The Forest' is 'Phrecia Forest'. And so on. The names exist. The game just refuses to use them, and I find it baffling.

'Silenus Bluffs'? Where'd that come from? I thought I knew this game's lore, but I can't recall ever hearing that name. Where is it mentioned? :O

Ugh, dragged back!

Okay, my bad. It's not The Ledge, it's The Climb. Open your map, have a look at The Climb. You can sort of make out the letters behind the node. It's much easier to read on the physical map. I tried finding an image for you but I can't find a scan at high enough resolution. :(

edit: I'm a moron. Check act 2's map. You can clearly see it there, just south of Axiom Prison. :)

And you know, it's not really about just about 'lore'. It's about being memorable. Sure, everyone says 'Town' in Diablo 1, but they all know it's Tristram because that's the name from the game. Same with Lioneye's Watch. Not-generic, indicative of lore/history. It's a good name. Why not extend that same philosophy and approach to your entire fantasy world? A few generic names here and there are fine -- Old Fields is a good one, as is Mud Flats....gah, whatever.

Woah! I never noticed that before. There's a whole bunch of names on the map that I never noticed before because I thought the game lore (npcs, readable rocks, etc.) mentions all the named places anyway. :/

Anyway, thanks a lot! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info