[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

I'm a bit confused on how exactly I should be going on with the various gem link setups. I counted the number of total gem setups, but only so many of the gem setups can properly fit into the given number of armor sockets. For example, I'm not going to be able to have Molten Strike, Frost Blades, and Flicker Strike with their full gem setup all at once. I'm guessing Molten Strike then is only used on bosses and for everything else I'll be using both Flicker Strike and Frost Blades? For the Head, Boot, Glove slots there's also not enough room to fit in all the rest of the gem setups, but again I'm assuming that I'd switch out hatred setup for Herald of Ice on maps? I'd greatly appreciate further clarification.

That said so far I'm really having a good time with this build.
"
I'm a bit confused on how exactly I should be going on with the various gem link setups. I counted the number of total gem setups, but only so many of the gem setups can properly fit into the given number of armor sockets. For example, I'm not going to be able to have Molten Strike, Frost Blades, and Flicker Strike with their full gem setup all at once. I'm guessing Molten Strike then is only used on bosses and for everything else I'll be using both Flicker Strike and Frost Blades? For the Head, Boot, Glove slots there's also not enough room to fit in all the rest of the gem setups, but again I'm assuming that I'd switch out hatred setup for Herald of Ice on maps? I'd greatly appreciate further clarification.

That said so far I'm really having a good time with this build.

You choose either Frost Blades or Flicker Strike; you don't need both. I'm going to put this up somewhere since apparently this is a common misunderstanding.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Aug 10, 2017, 3:16:39 PM
"
You choose either Frost Blades or Flicker Strike; you don't need both. I'm going to put this up somewhere since apparently this is a common misunderstanding.
Thank you very much for the clarification! As for the Herald setup, when mapping which of the other setups would I swap out to make room for it?
"
"
Thank you very much for the clarification! As for the Herald setup, when mapping which of the other setups would I swap out to make room for it?

This was my gem setup:

* 6L in weapon
* 6L in body
* Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark and Hatred in gloves
* Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Fortify and Ice Golem in helm
* Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Assasin's Mark in boots (with int for stats requirement)

No swapping required.
"
This was my gem setup:

* 6L in weapon
* 6L in body
* Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Assasin's Mark in boots (with int for stats requirement)

No swapping required.
Hmm, I see. That makes so much sense, thank you very much. Looking forward to getting the rest of my gems.
Hey, how do you feel about Doomsower? I got a cheap 5L doomsower and was curious how important it will be to upgrade to a Critana.
Last edited by Coryn101 on Aug 11, 2017, 5:40:31 PM
"
Coryn101 wrote:
Hey, how do you feel about Doomsower? I got a cheap 5L doomsower and was curious how important it will be to upgrade to a Critana.

It's fine. I prefer Terminus Est, but if you already have the sword there's no harm in using it.
Gem Links

Spoiler

Order of importance from left to right (use Added Cold if you don't like Chain). You should be able to clear all trash mobs on a 5L, which is what I'm doing. A 6L Frost Blades reaches 250k+ DPS, which is more than enough for mapping and even most rares.

Pretty straight forward. We don't get full conversion using Flicker Strike, but it's more than enough for most targets below t16.

Your single target DPS directly impacts your ability to complete content (especially once 3.0 comes around) as well as your survivability through leech. Get a 6L for Molten Strike before Frost Blades. Shaper DPS would be 500k+ to be comfortable.

Our movement skill, very standard.

Helps us generate Power Charge during general mapping.

Generic buffs.

Single target curse + power charge. We used to use Elemental Weakness here, but PoB tells me that Assassin's Mark ends up doing more damage.

Aside from the first three link setup.. which are intended for the weapon and chest armor.. there is 4 gem setups which 3 you go with ?
Last edited by Hijjawi on Aug 12, 2017, 12:41:32 PM
"
Hijjawi wrote:
Aside from the first three link setup.. which are intended for the weapon and chest armor.. there is 4 gem setups which 3 you go with ?

"
This was my gem setup:

* 6L in weapon
* 6L in body

No swapping required.
"
"
Hijjawi wrote:

"
This was my gem setup:

* 6L in weapon
* 6L in body

No swapping required.

Lol thanks.. sorry i didnt see that you actually answered it.. i think i skipped the post accidentally

and ironically i did the same setup while waiting for your reply..
Last edited by Hijjawi on Aug 12, 2017, 2:03:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info