[3.0] Life Whispering Ice Berserker MoM + ES

Hi, i just wanted to try something new for the incoming expansion, since i think that CI whispering ice will be probably dead thx to the vaal pact + CI interaction i tried a life variantion that seems really promising (at least on paper since i don' t have a beta key).
The build have around 7k life 3k free mana and 2k energy shield for a total effective pool of 10k+
The damage seems also nice: 8k per icestorm against shaper(unflasked) with a duration of 5.7 seconds.
To gain life and mana i rely on berserker leech + the cloaked in savagery passive for istant leech in case of heavy hit, plus for not wastle those 1000 int i use the new belt soul tether wich give leech applied to ES when full life so you have another level of mitigation.
Here is the PoB code plz tell me what you think:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/DeqEEuKZ

ps: ignore my resist i have 4 rare with no crafted resist, shouldn' t be difficult to evercap :)
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on Jun 22, 2017, 4:46:06 AM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2017, 10:18:35 PM
How use pastebin?
https://pastebin.com/DeqEEuKZ
cant join.........
I was planning on trying something like this as well.

The snowforged nodes are pretty big though, and I think we can probably run arctic armor and have plenty of left over mana for MoM.
This looks really slick. IIRC 6k average damage and 8k ES was enough in 2.6 to do Shaper/Uber Atziri, right? For the first time, Whispering Ice might actually be viable as a league starter, since you only really need the staff.
Last league i didnt start with a WI cuz i thought the staff would be expensive during the league start, this time i'm thinking to start with this build or a good frost blade.

Which type of item u'll look for? HP Armour with high int?
Biggest concern I have with this atm: with Kaom's roots we literally have no movement speed. Leapslam seems really lackluster with no local IAS. Any suggestions?
Massive fan of the WI builds and the VP nerf crushed me, this looks promising though.
Will have to test the new belt but I think you won't be able to regen it enough for it to be efficient, making a life + int belt stronger.

I made a few changes to the build, what I think will be more efficient, open to criticisms but it's the same life and a lot more damage.
Level 86, 19.3k average hit, 6.7k life 3k mom

"
jjjoness wrote:
Biggest concern I have with this atm: with Kaom's roots we literally have no movement speed. Leapslam seems really lackluster with no local IAS. Any suggestions?

You don't need kaoms roots, but with the alchemist nodes and a quicksilver of adrenaline plus the 15%ms when you haven't been hit, the clear is pretty quick.

ign: Roguesenpai
Last edited by Rijken on Aug 3, 2017, 9:47:47 AM
What about chieftain? more fire dmg and penetration, endurace charge and life regen
"
gokudin wrote:
What about chieftain? more fire dmg and penetration, endurace charge and life regen

Berserker has 100% leech and free general leech which is a gem in itself and 0-100% life in one hit.

Berserker has more damage despite penetration, endurance charges are overrated because the real killer is elemental damage and you dont want life regen, you want vaal pact.
ign: Roguesenpai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info