[3.0] Explosive Arrow, Ignite focused. Elementalist, Life, MoM, 600k-700k ignite dps (WIP)

Quick question: Why does Elemental Weapon Damage work with the secondary explosion effect from Explosive Arrow?
Note that it is no longer called "Weapon Elemental Damage Support". It is now "Elemental Damage with Attacks Support".

The difference is that the old WED gem only increased elemental damage when a weapon is used. The new "EDA" gem now increases damage across all parts of an attack skill, which includes resulting secondary damage and dots.
so theres no more rapid decay?
they changed the name of it to "Swift Affliction".
IGN: @Steppy
currently using this build atm, got my 3+ gem bow lets see how it goes !
nice which ascendancy did you decide to go with? keep me updated on your progress if you don't mind.
Last edited by Steppy on Aug 21, 2017, 7:38:37 PM
went with witch elementalist !
also in your path of building link your gems are different than the ones posted here would a level 3 empower be better?
yeah i'm actually looking at them right now:

1. Explosive Arrow
2. deadly ailments
3. elemental damage with attacks
4. burning damage
5. swift affliction
6. empower / increased critical strike chance

this is the order I came around to using, i'm not sure whether or not empower or critical strikes would be better, obviously empower is better for damage by 140-150k to ignite dps, but when it comes to critical strike chance you get around 18% more crit going from 51% to 78-79% (depending on your gear) so i'm wondering if conflux from elementalist having 6 / 14 seconds periodically +50% crit on the off seconds of conflux would be okay, or if having 6 / 14 seconds + 77-79% crit would be better but losing a bit of dps but having higher ignite chance.

because ignite would be primary damage so if we are not igniting on the off seconds of conflux then we are losing dps, so in theory having the higher crit chance for the off seconds may provide a better overall dps for ignite but might want to level both and just try them out to see how it feels for each one.

additionally i'm kinda playing around with the links right now and gems I don't think they are very optimized and well done so I may update the main post in a little bit with something I think would be better
Last edited by Steppy on Aug 21, 2017, 8:01:28 PM
"
Steppy wrote:
yeah i'm actually looking at them right now:

1. Explosive Arrow
2. deadly ailments
3. elemental damage with attacks
4. burning damage
5. swift affliction
6. empower / increased critical strike chance

this is the order I came around to using, i'm not sure whether or not empower or critical strikes would be better, obviously empower is better for damage by 140-150k to ignite dps, but when it comes to critical strike chance you get around 18% more crit going from 51% to 78-79% (depending on your gear) so i'm wondering if conflux from elementalist having 6 / 14 seconds periodically +50% crit on the off seconds of conflux would be okay, or if having 6 / 14 seconds + 77-79% crit would be better but losing a bit of dps but having higher ignite chance.

because ignite would be primary damage so if we are not igniting on the off seconds of conflux then we are losing dps, so in theory having the higher crit chance for the off seconds may provide a better overall dps for ignite but might want to level both and just try them out to see how it feels for each one.
I'm going to test it out with empower and see how it goes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info