Scorching ray Berserker, i need help !

Hello everyone, I'm trying to make my first own build and I need some advices.
Atm I've only had the main idea on what I would make. Its a Berserker scorching ray cwc firestorm.

Passive skill tree with stuff :

Actually, with the upcoming es nerf I don't know if I should go on full ev or full armour or make a hybrid ev armour
So I have some idea on what kind of chest armour I want to take but I don't know really know the best item here.

Chest armour :
Spoiler

So I want some advices on this build to make it viable.
Ps: sorry for my potentially bad English, I'm French.
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2017, 4:34:43 AM
BTw. I already saw this setup. Scorching ray with cwc firestorm.
About build. There is so many possibilities how to build your character, that is very hard to give you some exact advice. Your tree seem to be mess. You going so far from your starting point for not necessary nodes. So you loosing skill points. Also You messing up melee character with spells. It can work but not for beginner for sure.
"
Kastmar wrote:
Also You messing up melee character with spells.

Iron will.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
Also You messing up melee character with spells.

Iron will.
It will not be enough.
Yeah, tree looks pretty bad tbh. Way too many points spent getting to the shadow area for no discernible reason besides (ugh) VP and maybe needing the dex along the way? In that case just go iron will/repentance and grab an astramentis to cover that, and for the love of god don't get hooked on that disgrace to balance that is vaal pact, save yourself a massive heap of points.

Not sure why you're trying to use evasion chests either, it's not like SR-cwc-firestorm needs green sockets and evasion isn't particularly desirable. I'd recommend going Geofri's for your chest (and Shaper's Touch for gloves, ideally) and going iron will. Iron will Zerker with Geofri's has the ability to sustain both life and ES pretty easily (regen for ES, leech for life) and you can get a pretty large ehp pool quite easily.

Not sure how the upcoming ES nerf will affect Geofri's. Presumably it will drop its base ES value, but no clue on whether or not they'll nerf the ES per strength. Either way it should be fine.
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 17, 2017, 11:05:52 AM
"
your tree seem to be mess. You going so far from your starting point for not necessary nodes.

Yeah, I know. I've made this tree with a friend who is telling me the same thing but i don't really know what kind of ascendency classes is good with this setup. So i've take the berserker to have a good leech and a good boost to my damages.

"
In that case just go iron will/repentance and grab an astramentis to cover that, and for the love of god don't get hooked on that disgrace to balance that is vaal pact, save yourself a massive heap of points.

And if I don't pick vaal pact, i don't really know good interresting nodes, should i take all the "increased fire damages" ? I'm really newbie on build making.
Last edited by _Ulire_ on Jun 17, 2017, 11:17:21 AM
I have a new skill tree (as templar this time)

It may be a bit better, i don't go on VP this time, i have a bit less str but i think it doesn't really matter.
With that i would try to use the Geofri's Sanctuary and get a gem setup like :
Scorching ray - Firestorm - CWC - Iron will - Elemental focus - Controlled destruction.
"
_Ulire_ wrote:
I have a new skill tree (as templar this time)

It may be a bit better, i don't go on VP this time, i have a bit less str but i think it doesn't really matter.
With that i would try to use the Geofri's Sanctuary and get a gem setup like :
Scorching ray - Firestorm - CWC - Iron will - Elemental focus - Controlled destruction.

Looks better, but a few things:

-you don't want elemental equilibrium with SR-cwc-firestorm. Pure SR uses EE, but EE is detrimental to SR-cwc-firestorm because the firestorm hits will make the targets gain 25% fire resist.

-drop the cast speed cluster near Ele Overload. Cast speed doesn't do you much good for SR and does nothing for the firestorm; for SR, getting around 30% cast speed total is enough to give it a decent turn rate, and that's really all that matters. You can get 30% pretty easily as a byproduct of some spell damage notables and a decent weapon (generally Doon for an iron will build), so there's no need to go out of your way to spec solely for it.

-You probably don't wanna bother with the burning damage cluster in the top left; that's a high-priority cluster for pure SR, but less so for SR-cwc-firestorm, as your firestorm doesn't benefit from it. Better off just getting spell damage or fire/ele damage. Same thing goes for the DoT cluster in the witch area.

-It's more a personal choice, but i'd still go zerker over inquisitor. You'll get more damage overall with zerker, and you'll get some life leech for when your life does get damaged (cuz with geofri's you'll have ZO, so your life won't regen... you'll need flasks or leech or some other life recovery to sustain it when damage does get through to it). Instead of going for Cloaked in Savagery (which is mostly only useful with VP), just grab Warbringer with your last two points; that instant 25% life and mana recovery on a 2 second cd is pretty nice, plus you can easily maintain endurance charges or rallying cry or whatever. Inquisitor has a bit better defense and the extra ES regen on consecrated ground, but all in all I prefer zerker.

-for iron will and geofri's/shaper's you want a lot of strength, including a good amount of strength converted from intelligence using the unique jewels (brute force solution, iirc?). You'll want to socket those into the socket near EE, as well as the one to the right of the burning cluster. Additionally, you'll want to path over and grab Occultist's Dominion, as doing so will get you a bunch of extra strength plus some spell damage and cast speed. You may want to get Fire Walker too then, it's fairly efficient for just another two points. You'd also want to grab the +30 strength notable between the witch and the templar, you'd be surprised just how much ES that'll give you with geofri's+shaper's.

-you'll want astramentis in all likelihood; it'll give you more strength than any other amulet, and you'll likely need the extra intelligence to meet gem requirements if you're using jewels to convert your int to strength in the passive tree. This will also give you all the dexterity you'll need, so you can ditch the +30 dex notable as well as Precision to save a few points.

-Shaper's Touch with a lot of strength will get you a lot of %increased ES, but you'll still want to gather some easy sources of it where you can, like going for Foresight and Unnatural Calm. You may well want to cross over to the right side of the Witch starting area (i prefer by way of Practical Application) so that you can grab the ES nodes on that side as well; they're some of the best nodes available.

Anyway, this is the kinda tree I would go with (it's not that far removed from a tree I already have used for a pure SR build and a few other iron will Geofri's builds)
Last edited by Shppy on Jun 17, 2017, 4:30:18 PM
Thanks for your reply !
Always in inquisitor
I've made your changes with Path Of Building and take fully rolled stuffs and i get something like that

I'm affraid beacause i find the life and ES a bit low (i will never get that stuff which is fully rolled)
Last edited by _Ulire_ on Jun 17, 2017, 5:52:40 PM
um... that seems pretty far from right. I did pretty much the same thing with a few uniques and some half-assed self-found rares and had roughly 5+k life and 8k ES at just level 80 or so.

Idk, i don't use path of building, so i dunno where to say things went wrong, but that's definitely not accurate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info