[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

Uberlab on this char is a pain - not even talking about max key runs, just defeating Izaro. Feels like i do literally no damage.

Edit: Even with todays quite easy lab i am not able to kill Izaro. 4,8k Life, Artic Armor, CWDT+Ic, all portals killed, all golems killed, still unbuffed izaro kills me in a blink.
Tried 6 times now, started looking on the forum for a less glassy build, maybe it can even be more of a cannon too.

While this build is fun to roam though maps, everything that deals phys damage and has a decent lifepool is a quite lethal thread to me. The Damage one deals with a 5L Nova in a Pledge with Level 19 gems far away from chill, let alone freeze bosses.
Last edited by Necrol on Aug 20, 2017, 11:34:12 AM
Yes. Bosses are so hard for me. The clear speed for trash, blue and even yellow mobs are insane. However, most of bosses it's hard to stay alive.

Edit: I got hit kill frequently by a lot of "arena bosses" from maps 7 to 9. The ones that I survive some hits, sometimes I ended up with no mana and can't finish them.
As the OP wrote, this build desn't facetank bosses. However, I thought I'd a little bit more hard to kill, haha.
Last edited by Vegetarian0 on Aug 20, 2017, 1:11:08 PM
"
Vegetarian0 wrote:
As the OP wrote, this build desn't facetank bosses. However, I thought I'd a little bit more hard to kill, haha.

Well I think the bigger issues is that there's sometimes absolutely no chance to not facetank some bosses.
"
abr4 wrote:
"
Vegetarian0 wrote:

Well I think the bigger issues is that there's sometimes absolutely no chance to not facetank some bosses.

Yeah. Just now I bought the Shaper fragments and tried doing it for the first time. I beat 2 of the 4 bosses. The DPS is really great, but when they stop attacking the golems and focus on me. It's brutal.

Edit: same thing for T15-16 maps. Orange bosses hit kill a lot.
Last edited by Vegetarian0 on Aug 20, 2017, 3:03:40 PM
"
abr4 wrote:
Level 43 so far and I'm having fun. However I've noticed I started to run into trouble with bosses, especially when there are no adds around to recharge your flasks or to trigger the curses. Any advice on how to handle bosses specifically? Or is it all about bursting them down asap?

Hi, there is a pantheon power, Soul of Ryslatha, which regenerates flask charges if you haven't used one recently. This is my first go to, as it makes longer fights much more managable.

The build does require a bit of dodging and isn't meant to face-tank everything, although it can take a beating. It's a mix of dodging and DPSing down, early on I recommend flame dash since it's faster than Lightning Warp at low levels.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
delete this char on 62 lvl - fight with bosses is mistake - no thx
I'm trying this build: currently at lvl 75. Killing bosses is a pain indeed.

Right now I'm trying some lightning spells with totems. Lightning tendrils deals the most damage but it's range is too damn small on 5L. Anyone got a suggestion for spell totem?
I like the idea of the build but there are few things that are just - no.

First of - call of the brotherhood. Seriously? You go full lightning and then you convert 40% to cold? With a crit build your shock uptime is going to be fine anyways - you don't need the ring (not to mention currently shock blows ass but whateve) and 40% converted to cold lowers your damage.
You should put in lightning penetration intead of power charge on critical and link herald of thunder to assasins mark which is how you would be getting power charges - another 3% light pen on the passive tree north to +1 power charge (and the next node after it gives 4% spellpower per power charge - 16% spellpower with 4 charges for just 1 skillpoints is pretty good).

The flasks - using three life flasks is silly. It's an overkill. The only reason why you would use a life flask is an instant one as a "OH SHIET" button. Running three of them is just stupid. There are so many better choices - you can take utility/defensive flasks so that you won't have to heal up so much because you will be hit for less. As a crit build you may consider a diamond flask and maybe atziri promise as a cheap way to dish a little more damage - Rumi's Concoction for additional defenses as well or just run with a stantard basalt flask. If you keep three life flasks then you are wasting 2 slots.

I do like the idea of a lightning build but in this form it is way too risky. Your playstyle during bosses is like an evasion build but without evasion - one random hit can just gimp you. So - keeping in with the theme of the build - go for lightning coil. There are a few other things that I would need to change but I'll keep at it while leveling.

PS.
Vaal Pact would help - well stacked storm call should be a full heal, the only problem is its proximity (or lack thereof) to the rest of our tree.

PS2.
Kaom's roots is not a bad idea either - they have a pretty substantial life roll and it protects you from temporal chains/slow/stun. Not sure how it would play having less sockets but I haven't checked the details yet - just theory.
Last edited by werchiel on Aug 28, 2017, 4:25:53 AM
"
werchiel wrote:
I like the idea of the build but there are few things that are just - no.

First of - call of the brotherhood. Seriously? You go full lightning and then you convert 40% to cold? With a crit build your shock uptime is going to be fine anyways - you don't need the ring (not to mention currently shock blows ass but whateve) and 40% converted to cold lowers your damage.
You should put in lightning penetration intead of power charge on critical and link herald of thunder to assasins mark which is how you would be getting power charges - another 3% light pen on the passive tree north to +1 power charge (and the next node after it gives 4% spellpower per power charge - 16% spellpower with 4 charges for just 1 skillpoints is pretty good).

What do you recommend getting on the ring? Would you change some part of the tree for it?
Thanks OP, just wanted to say that I used this build as a league starter and I had a super fun time with it. Not knowing any better because it was my first league, I had a blast, up until t10-t11, where I hit a brick wall.

While I have since switched over to the facetank berserker ascendancy, I just wanted to say thank you for posting your build, it was certainly unique, creative, and a ton of fun. I just don't think it can do endgame content as easily as other builds, and again, as it's my first league, I wanted to re-roll so that I could experience the end game.

Honestly, it's just silly how much easier the game is as a marauder. Talk about easy mode man...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info