[3.0]Assassin Second Stage 3M+ POISON DPS Viper Strike theory

Actually this is just a theory in beta,I've try it in beta,and i just think that the AoE of this build is just a joke,so I've already give up on this build after beta,and I haven't check this post after that.

I am very surprised that such many people will try this,pm me for help, and even push this build in to the first page...

Anyway,what i want to say is that,during and after beta,many things have change,and the DPS will be much more lower then during beta,maybe like 800-1200K sth like that,i just click on PoB very quickly so maybe it's not very accurate.

and there are some people have updated this build in the page 4&5 in this post,maybe you guys could check it out and make some upgrade for it.

GLHF

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/DPGzWcBq

DPS Cal:

Spoiler

1.Normal Buffed

1.870M
2.Full Buffed

3.059M

as you can see,at the most Ideal state with Full Stack Poison with 1 stack wither totem(i don't know how to chance the wither stack in path of building,it Posion DPS is 3.059M .And with higher stack of wither and the last PW charges it will properly having more

And For the Hardest Single Target change Melee Splash to Brutality
and we have Got this

4.776M

1.Skill Tree:

and please use poe skill tree 2.7.1 to open it,it will crash if you are using poe website one.

Ascendancy:Assassin

Bandit:Kill All

2.Gears

Gear:
Main Hand:Rare to Bino's

Rare for start,and bino's is the goal,DOT,crit multi,everything we need

Off hand:Lycosidae Shield

100%hit

Body :Belly of the Beast

Helmet:Abyssus

Glove:Rare
life resis

Boot:Rare
life resis

Amulet:Rare
crit multi,strength,life,resis,acc

Rings:resis,life,int,acc

Jewel Socket :3

1.Growing Agony (Unholy Might)

2 & 3 Rare jewel with life,chaos dmg,dmg over time,increased dmg

3.Skill Gem

Viper Strike - Melee Splash(Brutality) - Multi Strike - Vile Toxins - Deadly Aliments - Void Manipulation

Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace - Vaal Lightning Trap - Duration

WB - FA - Fortify - Culling Strike

Blood Rage - Ice Golem - Blood Magic

Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Caster - Blood Magic

Blasphemy - Vulnerability(Haste) - Grace

4.Flask
Life Flask(Recovery Speed,Bleeding)

Witchfire Brew

Silver Flask(Reduced Charges Used,Freeze)

Atziri's Promise

Jade Flask(100% Increased Eva,Duration)

5.Survival

Abyssus properly have much higher dmg,

and with about 5K+ life will pretty one shot by some Bosses

but we have very high eva & dodge chance and 10% block

with Path of Building Cal the total avoid chance on level 80 monster are

1.Normal Fight(/w Flask,Aura)

Melee Avoid Chance:72%

Projectile Avoid Chance:97%

2.Boss Fight(/w Vaal Grace)

Melee Avoid Chance:86%

Projectile Avoid Chance:98%

That's mean you nearly not taking any dmg because they are not even have chance to hit you.

Leveling Gudie:
Spoiler

After i have test in beta,Using Viper Strike for leveling is such a very bad experience

,so I've change to Poison Blade fall,

and it's very great for me,

Drop a Blade Fall for a Single Pack,sometimes two and it's enough.

seft craft some wand

don't grab the dagger note first,

the Links are

Blade Fall - Poison - Brutality - Vile Toxins

Remember that as a Shadow you can't buy Brutality,so you need to trade for it.

of course don't miss you Wither Totem.

So,

What do you thing after watching my Second Stage 3M+ POISON DPS Viper Strike theory build?

Please leave a comment to me for helping me to improve it or whatever,

and thanks for you time.
Gaming Life
Last edited by kenhoyt on Sep 18, 2017, 5:50:15 AM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2017, 7:10:18 AM
Could you share the pastebin? Would make it easier to give feedback
I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots - Ron White
"
wiieshuu wrote:
Could you share the pastebin? Would make it easier to give feedback

Added
Gaming Life

Nice build, will test it. could you add bandits to your guide pls?

"
Andy1988 wrote:

Nice build, will test it. could you add bandits to your guide pls?

Added
Gaming Life
Blasphemy + Temp Chains should provide a lot of safety and increased damage (compared to Haste).
It makes your poison last longer so you can stack it higher & it slows enemies to a crawl.

I've also been working on a Viper Strike build for 3.0:
https://pastebin.com/qzCUnLvx

176% life + MoM (5.5k life & 1.7k unreserved mana) with mediocre gear.

Can change Brutality for Melee Splash to map clear. Along with Bino's should work pretty well.
Did you try to take the Poison notes in Duelist Area? They have been huge dps increases for my PoB 3.0 Poison Builds.
"
tsunny wrote:
Blasphemy + Temp Chains should provide a lot of safety and increased damage (compared to Haste).
It makes your poison last longer so you can stack it higher & it slows enemies to a crawl.

I've also been working on a Viper Strike build for 3.0:
https://pastebin.com/qzCUnLvx

176% life + MoM (5.5k life & 1.7k unreserved mana) with mediocre gear.

Can change Brutality for Melee Splash to map clear. Along with Bino's should work pretty well.

"
Did you try to take the Poison notes in Duelist Area? They have been huge dps increases for my PoB 3.0 Poison Builds.

in Path of building cal,because the duration increase,so that the max stack is increase for many,so the max poison dps will have a huge upgrade,

but Viper strike already have very high duration of poison that you need to attack for 8sec to full stack the poison,

and too much duration seems to be a waste of it,because you don't even attack than much time.

and go for duelist way will sacrifice many life note that I already not have that much.

Gaming Life
Nice, thanks for this. Have already been leveling a poison focused assassin to test the new gems and this gave me a few ideas I had not considered before.

Shame we only get 4 ascendancy points at the moment. I assume getting Toxic Delivery with those 4 and using an alternative way to generate Power Charges would be the best way to go, right?

Also, your pastebin is not updated to the change away from Haste+Soul Taker to Lycosidae. Just FYI in case you forgot about it :)
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 17, 2017, 6:18:08 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Nice, thanks for this. Have already been leveling a poison focused assassin to test the new gems and this gave me a few ideas I had not considered before.

Shame we only get 4 ascendancy points at the moment. I assume getting Toxic Delivery with those 4 and using an alternative way to generate Power Charges would be the best way to go, right?

Also, your pastebin is not updated to the change away from Haste+Soul Taker to Lycosidae. Just FYI in case you forgot about it :)

Actually we could just test the leveling in this patch.without bino's the viper strike AoE is just a disaster while compare sth like bladefall.....

and Yep, Toxic Delivery always will be the first that we grab.

and pastebin updated
Gaming Life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info