Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Syntastic wrote:
On the bandit quest in act 2, Alira's quest dialogue:

Something is amiss here. Look at the aura on you. Bright as the sunset before a storm. Almost as bright as my own. Not the mana of a minion.

I'm thinking that mana should in fact be aura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana

Depending on which definition of "mana" is used, it can easily be a synonim of "aura".
Last edited by Amonchakad on Apr 2, 2012, 1:15:25 PM
The description of Freezing Pulse skill gem says:

An icy projectile which has a chance to freeze enemies it passes through. The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it runs of of time and dissipates completely.

Presumably that should be "out of" ?
Last edited by Cristo9FP on Apr 2, 2012, 1:34:28 PM
Twin Terrors passive skill says "increased Critical Strike chance" while it gives "increased Critical Strike damage multiplier". That's how it worked for my duelist atleast. I had 11% crit chance and 204% crit dmg after I took that passive skill.
"
Amonchakad wrote:
"
Syntastic wrote:
On the bandit quest in act 2, Alira's quest dialogue:

Something is amiss here. Look at the aura on you. Bright as the sunset before a storm. Almost as bright as my own. Not the mana of a minion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mana

Depending on which definition of "mana" is used, it can easily be a synonim of "aura".

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that use for the word. It mostly drew my eye because it looks inconsistent. But hey, synonyms are never a bad thing.
Is the lvl-53 one-handed mace Abyssal Specter supposed to be called Abyssal Sceptre? That would be more consistent with the rest of its weapon family.

"
Hartsa wrote:
Twin Terrors passive skill says "increased Critical Strike chance" while it gives "increased Critical Strike damage multiplier". That's how it worked for my duelist atleast. I had 11% crit chance and 204% crit dmg after I took that passive skill.
I have checked, and this passive definitely increases critical strike chance while dual wielding, not critical strike damage multiplier.
"
Syntastic wrote:

"Mana" is legitimate. The only quirk here is that most of the time it refers to a specific game mechanic, but here it does not. Hm, I guess this applies to "aura", too...

Fixed the Freezing Pulse and Abyssal "Specter" typos.
Code warrior
Here's just another opinion on the mana topic.

Mana is technically correct if you look up its real world definition, but if we assume the audience consists of the general populace, the only times they would come in contact with the word mana is if they went to a voodoo witch doctor or a gypsy fortune teller or some kind of other real world spiritualist. Given those bizarre situations, the audience would be able to tell that mana meant aura or essence from the context. In casual conversation the audience would often ask the speaker what he meant by "mana." If the speaker had used aura, the audience would be more likely to understand what he meant, as aura is used more commonly in popular media and by the more common real world spiritualists, such as acupuncture therapists or zen meditaters.

If we change the audience to consist of primarily gamers, mana has a distinct meaning that contrasts how it is used in the dialogue. Mana is specifically the fuel you use for skills. Aura also specifically means a buff that is shared with party members, but as gamers are subjected to the same media as the general populace, they are already familiar with aura's real world definition. The real world and in game definition of aura also do not contrast, as an aura could be a powerful essence or force of spirit that was powerful enough to give benefits to those around you.

I know it's just quest dialogue though, but I have to have something to do while I wait for you guys to accept my money.
Each time I see an "imp dagger", I wonder if it's supposed to be an "imperial dagger"?
Two axes are named Gilded. Although its understandable it gets confusing >.<

Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info