Spelling mistakes and typos

Wait, what the fuck?

This is the dumbest thing I have seen.

So in the world, there are HUNDREDS or even THOUSANDS of accents. People will take ONE word and say it differently. A few simple examples.

Six, the number. To us here in NZ, australians (well some) sound like they are saying it more like Seeex, and from what I have heard to them we sound like we are saying suux.

Carl the name, for us here in NZ it is sort of said as ka then il. I have heard an American accent saying it, and it sounds more like ker yu rrl. Very different

So lets just assume that helena has an accent right. So she pronounces Fidelitas slightly oddly. Bam. Simple reason made for WHY the spelling can be Fidelitas, a nice name, the name all us players have loved for well over a year, instead of some stupid new name.

It is seriously the most insignificant pronounciation issue, and it can easily be explained in game by 'she is from across the way in Sarn, where they have a different accent than those of us dropped from the ship'

Even the different people in game have different accents, cause voice actors were from a few different places. If you really want I can find a word said by ONE voice actor pronounced DIFFERENTLY by another.

But really you should just fix this shit, you don't need to record new lines, you don't need to change the name of the well known character Fidelitas, you can just if anyone asks say she has an accent so pronounces things differently
For what it's worth, as an Australian, Helena's dialogue sounds like "Fidelitas" to me.
I think sufficient ruckus has already occurred, so I'm going to give this one a grace period. If it gets fixed proper within the next, oh, 3 months, I'm not going to do anything about it. But if it isn't, I'm going to make a nice, long, well-written — and absolutely scathing — thread on it.

There. Put it on my Google calendar.

I understand this sounds a little... blackmaily. But let's put it in context here; the famous Ruler of Wraeclast complains about what is truly an idiotic decision, and the response he gets is "I'm sorry, but these things cost money. Actually about $1000." Gee. No innuendo there.

Seriously not a cool move there.

In any case, this recent type of behavior marks one of very, very few occasions I've noticed GGG staff acting in a manner I'd consider disreputable, so I'm going to consider it a temporary misstep, a phase which will run its course and pass. Hopefully. But if it doesn't? Not so good.

Oh, and by the way, desync fucking sucks too. If I have to deal with the same level of desync AND the boss of the Chamber of STDs in July, I'll probably just quit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
What bothers me the most about this is it's not like retconning any old name, Fidelitas is a very specific name with a very good reason for it being chosen. You do not just willy-nilly retcon things with a lot of meaning for absolutely no logical reason.

Can you imagine if Team Silent retconned *anything* in Silent Hill 2 because one of the voice actors did something a bit differently than expected?
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 25, 2014, 6:10:18 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
"
You've broken my heart.

I share your pain.
Yeah, I was disappointed to hear about this as well. But I can understand why it was done.

You guys gonna change Tarkleigh's texts, too? "So, you killed A granddaddy crab?"

"...All THESE people consumed by Merveil and her brood..."

THOSE are the VA errors (which a competent director should have caught at the time) which jar me most. As for Helena, I'd as soon have ALL her speeches re-recorded, by someone else. I NEVER listen to her, dear ghod... =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Mar 25, 2014, 7:49:01 AM
Wow, I had no idea you guys cared so much about this.

I seem to have misspoken (mistyped?) earlier, or at least given the wrong impression as to the costs of rerecording the VA. It's not that we need more money, it's just not really worth it, because we can get so much more bang for our buck by spending that money elsewhere.

Sometimes, we simply have to think about how much improvement to the game we are getting per dollar. The system isn't perfect - neither is the game - but we need some way of deciding when to stop polishing and move on.

Anyway, I've emailed the relevant persons in charge. We'll see what happens. I hope it does change back, though.

[Edit] We're changing it back. Huzzah!

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"So, you killed A granddaddy crab?"

This text has already been fixed to match the VA, hasn't it?

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"...All THESE people consumed by Merveil and her brood..."

Fixing, thanks.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Mar 25, 2014, 4:22:26 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
Wow, I had no idea you guys cared so much about this.

I seem to have misspoken (mistyped?) earlier, or at least given the wrong impression as to the costs of rerecording the VA. It's not that we need more money, it's just not really worth it, because we can get so much more bang for our buck by spending that money elsewhere.

With the way the high supporters are responding, this doesn't fully make sense.
Now i understand you can't just 100% believe for a fact that the supporters would do as they say and support again if it changes, and not support if they don't, but on the chance they do you aren't losing bang for your buck, because you are spending money that only exists if you make the change. In fact if you get enough people deciding to continue support because of the change, you could potentially end up with a net positive amount of money.

Lets say somebody directly offers to pay for the voice acting to be re-recorded. That's not a loss of bang-for-buck because they aren't offering to just give you that money regardless.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 25, 2014, 4:22:41 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
With the way the high supporters are responding, this doesn't fully make sense.
Now i understand you can't just 100% believe for a fact that the supporters would do as they say and support again if it changes, and not support if they don't, but on the chance they do you aren't losing bang for your buck, because you are spending money that only exists if you make the change.

I was talking about before, when there was no feedback/offers. Now, yes, the situation is different.
Code warrior
I'm glad to see it's been changed back. I agree that it is not right or wrong that is the problem but what it represented. Others may see it as rabid nonsense but I saw it as an attempt to keep GGG on the right path.

EDIT: Inb4 my unique recording being the sound of snoring because the 'subject' was not awake to do the wanted sound effect :P
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Last edited by Hyaon on Mar 25, 2014, 5:31:00 PM
Thank you guys so much for seeing reason on this piece and listening to player feedback. I know a lot of people look at this as a tiny issue, and I suppose on some level it is. But it involved core story and coherence and world-building and that's what I love about this game. It's fun to play, sure. And that matters. But diving into this world, peering at the tiny pieces that collectively bring Wraeclast to life.....Fidelitas was part of that. Breaking his story for some trivial convenience was a betrayal of the world that was built, and this is a step back in the right direction. Good job, GGG; keep this integrity, this world, and this community together with similar focus.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info