[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
SpectroRush wrote:
Probably it's been answered before here, but searching through 73 pages is really time consuming.

It's about scorching ray usage. Won't it nullify the effects of EE by adding 25% resistance to fire as soon as it hits the target?

Or to use it, I must first use a trap (ice/lightning) and then scorching ray totem?

thanks!

Scorching Ray description says that it does not hit - it only applies burning :) RF and SB work in the same way.
- TroubiCZ
Last edited by trouba on Aug 11, 2017, 9:13:49 AM
"
SpectroRush wrote:
Probably it's been answered before here, but searching through 73 pages is really time consuming.

It's about scorching ray usage. Won't it nullify the effects of EE by adding 25% resistance to fire as soon as it hits the target?

Or to use it, I must first use a trap (ice/lightning) and then scorching ray totem?

thanks!

SR does not hit, thus does not override OoS procing EE.
"
I bought Infernal Mantle and Pyre. I have to make 4-5link and I will test it.

I played around in Path of building with pyre x2 and infernal mantle.

I found that you gain damage equivalent to about 4,5 courses on you using the soul mantle combo.

So. More steady damage when mapping but less damage on the bosses is what i conclude.
Last edited by Cryton1000 on Aug 11, 2017, 4:18:21 AM
"
trouba wrote:

Beware - in boss fights, I use Shield Charge almost every time, to proc Fortify. And even without it, any movement skill is great if you need to get quickly out of reach. Uber Izaro is a great example, you can be oneshotted easily if you are standing at a wrong place at a wrong time.
So, be careful with the fire damage. It can ruin your EE, resulting in 25% increased fire resist on a boss.

Actually yea i realized that when i finished typing that, and you are right. So i will like to put a DISLAIMER here to all the newer and less experienced players to just AVOID such added fires be it to spells or global since you might inadvertently mess up your OOS EE. That side, just having the OOS in a good spot will immediately overwrite, but i can see how that can be a problem for the less unaware or when youre just tired after extended gaming sessions

(I have literally killed hundreds of atziri, uber lab izaro and guardians. Why? because of end game grinds for the 40/40 totems. So my positioning and playstyle is not for our less experienced brothers and sisters reading this guide for help)
Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Aug 11, 2017, 4:48:49 AM
"
"
trouba wrote:

Beware - in boss fights, I use Shield Charge almost every time, to proc Fortify. And even without it, any movement skill is great if you need to get quickly out of reach. Uber Izaro is a great example, you can be oneshotted easily if you are standing at a wrong place at a wrong time.
So, be careful with the fire damage. It can ruin your EE, resulting in 25% increased fire resist on a boss.

Actually yea i realized that when i finished typing that, and you are right. So i will like to put a DISLAIMER here to all the newer and less experienced players to just AVOID such added fires be it to spells or global since you might inadvertently mess up your OOS EE. That side, just having the OOS in a good spot will immediately overwrite, but i can see how that can be a problem for the less unaware or when youre just tired after extended gaming sessions

(I have literally killed hundreds of atziri, uber lab izaro and guardians. Why? because of end game grinds for the 40/40 totems. So my positioning and playstyle is not for our less experienced brothers and sisters reading this guide for help)

i´ve already added a note about that in the gearing section about weapons in the last days
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I've been playing PoE for about 5 years, but today I found something I didn't know - and it improves a quality of life a lot :)

- First, map your left mouse button to a movement skill (Shield Charge, Leap Slam, whatever). It is normally not used - only if you hold SHIFT + LMB. A great way to improve your cruising speed.
- Second, map the space key to first flask slot and put your "panic" flask there. No need to fumble for "1" or extra mouse key. I bet your left thumb is already resting on that key anyway ;)
- TroubiCZ
Hallo,

sorry for my question.
If a monster stands in the overlap circle of two totems, will he get the damage from both totems or only from one because of the same damage type of burning?
"
If a monster stands in the overlap circle of two totems, will he get the damage from both totems or only from one because of the same damage type of burning?

Only one.
"
the_Arkain wrote:
Hallo,

sorry for my question.

No. Multiple rf totems don't stack.

different sources of burning however stack, like RF + searing bond + scorching ray + ignite + firetrap ground effect.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info