[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Okay, got it. Thanks for your responses and very interesting build :)
"
Milkyslice wrote:
the node was already useless and stays useless. There is just no way to get around that node sooner or later ;)

i'm glad to hear that (I guess).

I always thought that Ngamahu extra damage against burning enemies worked since Ramako gives you Endurance Charges when killing burning foes.
In my mind if they count as burning to give you charges they are burning so they take more damage, but that would be to simple for PoE.

The min maxer in me hates to put points in skills that gives you zero benefits,but like you said there is no way around it.
Last edited by sabotagge on Jun 21, 2017, 6:14:01 PM
Hey Milky, I havent read the entire Thread but:

With the blood magic / soulmantle variant its possible to stack
a crap load of curses before every boss fight with simple spamming RF Totem.

Thats ofc a huge dps buff. Maybe someone b4 me posted this in that case good
and sorry for my lazyness.

Another point: In your new guide Im missing the decoy totem? Its like you said very good
for boss fights. Often I cast only 2 RF Totem + Decoy and yeah..works very well.

"
sabotagge wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
the node was already useless and stays useless. There is just no way to get around that node sooner or later ;)

i'm glad to hear that (I guess).

I always thought that Ngamahu extra damage against burning enemies worked since Ramako gives you Endurance Charges when killing burning foes.
In my mind if they count as burning to give you charges they are burning so they take more damage, but that would be to simple for PoE.

The min maxer on me hates to put points in skills that gives you zero benefits,but like you said there is no way around it.

The reason is why the node doesnt work is: conditional effects dont affect dots.

Had to ask around in the forum myself to get a clear answer. Its similar to hypothermoia which doesnt work with dots either.

"

With the blood magic / soulmantle variant its possible to stack
a crap load of curses before every boss fight with simple spamming RF Totem.

Yeah did that in my shaper/uber atziri runs or any meaningful boss like guardians/uber izaro. Its also show in those videos.

However i could write that part in the playstyle section, good catch!

"

Another point: In your new guide Im missing the decoy totem? Its like you said very good
for boss fights. Often I cast only 2 RF Totem + Decoy and yeah..works very well.

dont know what you mean :p
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"

"

I mean that I cant find any comment on decoy totem in your new guide, maybe Im wrong.

Bit offtopic now: You are good with path of building I guess..
I use Singularity right now but in path building the dmg calc shows much less then doryanis.
I cant understand that because its only 30% dmg less.

I checked the hindered box in Config.
Beta Report #2 released. Burning damage support getting nerfed, which is no surprise. No number revealed yet.
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
"

"

I mean that I cant find any comment on decoy totem in your new guide, maybe Im wrong.

Bit offtopic now: You are good with path of building I guess..
I use Singularity right now but in path building the dmg calc shows much less then doryanis.
I cant understand that because its only 30% dmg less.

I checked the hindered box in Config.

Well the guide is not about decoy totems, its just a utility gem that synergizes well with the skilltree. I can check if there are some spots where it fits in besides the gem section.

The reason why singularity shows such a low dmg compared to doryani is: the damage bonus against hindered enemys does not work with DoTs. If you change Path of building to 3.0 beta the text of the item also changed to "increased damage against hindered enemys with hits and ailments"
Also kicked out Doedres Scorn for the same reason: damage increase per curse also doesnt work with RF/SB adn they also changed the text of it

"
Beta Report #2 released. Burning damage support getting nerfed, which is no surprise. No number revealed yet.

expected that, RF and scorching ray build were everywhere :P I would expect a flat 10-20% reduction which would still be great and way better than what it is in 2.6 :P

how can you survive strongbox? i die all the time on the " explodes" ones...
"
how can you survive strongbox? i die all the time on the " explodes" ones...

i move away from the strongbox.

If youre scared of Strongboxes do the following:

- Place the RF and Searing bond totems around the box
- activate a quicksilver flask and a flask with freeze removal if its a freezing box (some guaranteed duration flask, no life or manaflask)
- if you use a movementskill use that instead/in addition to the quicksilver flask
- click box
- run away.

You shouldnt get hit by a exploding box in the first place, but its not hard to survive a blast most of the time. Your fire resist and / or life just sucks probably

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 22, 2017, 1:39:54 AM
Okay, another stupid question from me. I'm kinda new to this game, played a bit during breach league and that's all (and my english is pretty bad. Sorry about that).

Can you explain to me how Elemental Equilibrium works? As far as I understand it every time we use RF Totem monsters get + fire resists which is bad for us. We can use Orb of Storms or Traps to get lower resists but it is such a pain in the ass to use them every time. I'm in Cruel now and monsters probably will die fast enough either way but what about higher lvl zones and maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info