[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Dots dont apply EE, only hits. SR, RF and SB only benefit from EE

quote out of my FAQ

"

How can I procc Elemental Equilibrium?

I use Orb of Storms for thid.

We need to deal Lightning or Cold damage to get a beneficial EE procc.

If you should skill ancestral bonds you need to use a lightning/ice trap!

As a sidenote, RF, SR and SB do not hit and thus won't negatively impact EE. They just benefit hugely from it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on May 6, 2018, 8:55:06 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Dots dont apply EE, only hits. SR, RF and SB only benefit from EE

quote out of my FAQ

"

How can I procc Elemental Equilibrium?

I use Orb of Storms for thid.

We need to deal Lightning or Cold damage to get a beneficial EE procc.

If you should skill ancestral bonds you need to use a lightning/ice trap!

As a sidenote, RF, SR and SB do not hit and thus won't negatively impact EE. They just benefit hugely from it.

Oh ok that's slightly confusing, and I somehow missed that part in the guide. Thanks Milky!
OK, finally I did it!

I took me 10 Shaper sets but I've finally killed Uber Elder. 4 deaths on successful run, but still. Fight is too chaotic and sometimes there is simply no place to jump away from AoEs, so doing it deathless is out of my skill level undoubtedly. Though even in successful run I still made several mistakes.

Changes I made from map version (thanks Milky for the advises):
- Arc instead of OoS. It's faster, have better range, you can choose your targets.
- Totemic Zeal instead of Whispers of Doom in the tree. Actually I even run maps with this change, having 2 curses is not a big deal imo. Monsters in short range have Enfeeble, and monsters on distance get Flammability through Arc.
- 2 switch scepters with 'Increased Cast Speed', one with Shaper's 'Faster Casting' mod and Lightning Warp+Swift Affliction+Less Duration in it - to quickly jump into center after Elder casts Expanding Nova. On main weapon set I've kept Whirling Blades, it's good enough.
- No Blasphemy+Enfeeble. I have only one curse available, and it's Flammability through Arc; on bosses it's not a big deal with their curse resistance, trash is not dangerous anyway.

My Gear

Second Weapon set

Fight Video
It could be done better then I did it, but I'm really burned out after all these tries/gathering sets/expanding elder into atlas center and so on.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260175802

Thanks again to Milky for fantastic guide and build, gl everyone.
Last edited by fwd on May 11, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

Was thinking of doing a flame totem build using this, and scorching ray. Just replacing milkys helm with mine and switching the totems into it gives them an extra 120k dps in POB.

Anyone have any thoughts as to the merits of using such a helm ?
"
stormyknight wrote:

Was thinking of doing a flame totem build using this, and scorching ray. Just replacing milkys helm with mine and switching the totems into it gives them an extra 120k dps in POB.

Anyone have any thoughts as to the merits of using such a helm ?

sure you could use something like this especially with a scourge. Wouldnt like conc effect on rf tho, less duration is ok with all the totem duration hierophant gets. Even the aspect is usable.

gz fwd! you did it and thus proves that the build is capable of doing uber elder :p

3.3 Changes affecting the Build

This is probably the most interesting new (updated) supportgem for the build. We dont ignite with any skill nor does it work in the current setups. If we use any source of fire dmg to ignite we have negative synergy with Elemental equilibrium.

However we could easily use it on a flame golem. Deals firedmg, attacks frequently (literally always ignites) and just requires 2 gems for -19% fireresist which is pretty big.

Besides that Combustion grants 29% more firedmg which might be handy in some cases.

Elemental Equilibrium could be changed in the future, but probably not in 3.3.

The current version of Vaal Righteous Fire does NOT work cast by a spelltotem (other stuff like vaal auras do). Maybe it works in 3.3... or not ;) It could be a nice burst inbetween for sure and wouldnt require any changes to the build.

Cowards Chains in particular can be pretty good with a decent corruption. the stats are mediocre, but the unlucky dmg part is great. Unlucky means that damage is rolled twice against you and the lowest one affects you. In an extreme case lets say you get hit by arc which could deal 1-1000 dmg. One roll is 50dmg the other 500dmg... you would only take the 50. Its a hard to quantify defensive stat, but pretty good in theory. We are cursed all the time anyway ;)

A bit of a stretch, but another combustion option to cover enemys in ash + fire res reduction ;) could be used in some bossfights

Corruptions Nothing specific, there are just more/updated coming which can be interesting to spice up the build later on. specifically looking at helmet corruptions since the enchants for the build arent that great and the commonly used hrimnors resolve is dirtcheap to masscorrupt

I will update this post in the guide until the changes are finalized (most likely patchnodes). After that i add the important stuff to the guide ofc.

Next league i'll most likely go on a ethical hcssfbtw adventure for a little change since i miss the leaguestart anyway. Probably not playing the build that league since i'm pretty burned out from it, but i might use it as a bosskiller/dude that runs otherwise near impossible corrupted maps.

Last edited by Milkyslice on May 24, 2018, 2:00:38 AM
Is there an updated version for Uber Lab tips with Heiro?
The one on the front page is still for the old Berserk build.
"
vmark41 wrote:
Is there an updated version for Uber Lab tips with Heiro?
The one on the front page is still for the old Berserk build.

I'll look over it. Its not much different. if you wanna be safe place some totems before big trap parts and izaro is cheezed by decoy totem. Not relly harder than the normal lab ;)

Would you recommend this for a league starter focusing on farming uber lab?
Edit: this is in the first post, sorry :<
Last edited by soultari on May 27, 2018, 6:37:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info