[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Great Guide Milky. I always loved rf builds, and now i can enjoy the totem version. I find the trolltimber shields life leech out performs the lioneyes myself but everything else is great. Thanks
"
NukeMutant wrote:
Great Guide Milky. I always loved rf builds, and now i can enjoy the totem version. I find the trolltimber shields life leech out performs the lioneyes myself but everything else is great. Thanks

Well, except trolltimber doesnt do anything special since dots cannot leech ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 28, 2018, 12:18:34 AM
Hey i've been following the guide and it's going pretty well i have these items now

i have 80% fire,81% cold and 103% lightning
with 4765 life 576 es 3729 armour

i get a 28% increased damage from the belt

i recently picked up this

and i was wondering what i should craft on it
with this shield my stats are 4444 life 609 es 1043 armour(i haven't tested it yet myself since i need chromas for shield charge)

i know i don't have a 5 or 6 link i recently put 400 fusings and ended up with the 4 link i'll keep trying tho

I am a noob at the game and if you would change anything i apreciate tips and advices

Edit:these are my jewels

Last edited by TheSynthe on Apr 28, 2018, 8:33:27 AM
Hi Milky!

I am a new player to totems but read your guide and keen to give it a go as an all-round league starter and end game build.

I am wondering, is it possible to modify your build to adopt Glacial Cascade instead of SR?
Just if i want to improve clear speed in maps, GC has better area of effect in my opinion and its more 'instant'.

What do you think? How would I do that?
"
TheSynthe wrote:
Hey i've been following the guide and it's going pretty well i have these items now

i have 80% fire,81% cold and 103% lightning
with 4765 life 576 es 3729 armour

i get a 28% increased damage from the belt

i recently picked up this

and i was wondering what i should craft on it
with this shield my stats are 4444 life 609 es 1043 armour(i haven't tested it yet myself since i need chromas for shield charge)

i know i don't have a 5 or 6 link i recently put 400 fusings and ended up with the 4 link i'll keep trying tho

I am a noob at the game and if you would change anything i apreciate tips and advices

Edit:these are my jewels

looks good overall.

I would use another belt for resists, you're not overcapped for elemental weakness + single element curse except for lightning res. You need 17 over the maximum 75/6 res you got, so 93 fire and 92 cold/lightning res to be safe. Bonus points if you get so high that you can drop resist on jewels for another dmg mod or life.

filling missing resists or just block% is never wrong on a shield.

"
Hi Milky!

I am a new player to totems but read your guide and keen to give it a go as an all-round league starter and end game build.

I am wondering, is it possible to modify your build to adopt Glacial Cascade instead of SR?
Just if i want to improve clear speed in maps, GC has better area of effect in my opinion and its more 'instant'.

What do you think? How would I do that?

I would check out another guide ;)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1976479

this looks promising on the first look.

going for glacial cascade is a whole different route and needs more than just swapping some gems

what do u think on starting this build for the flashback event? regular softcore , just wanna start strong so i can level a bunch of characters easily for the MTX's and fun.
"
arielrahamim wrote:
what do u think on starting this build for the flashback event? regular softcore , just wanna start strong so i can level a bunch of characters easily for the MTX's and fun.

its a good starter, can get away with really shitty gear, can basically run any mapmod besides no regen (well it can, but its dangerous) and doesnt suffer from shitty drops.

Not a build to push the ladder, but great to fund other chars and build a fundament or tackle endgame content early

Last edited by Milkyslice on May 2, 2018, 6:22:45 AM
Hi Milky!

I almost completed Zana's questline, only last quest remains. Any advices to fight UberElder, may be some video guide with phases explanation (even not for this build)?

I have 274k Shaper DPS on single SR totem, 5100hp, 400es and 2400mp. Probably I should go without Blashpemy and Enfeeble to have more life pool? If the fight has many dangerous ads it's not that good from other side...

I'd like to get any advices from you or from anyone who uses this build and have UberElder fight experience.
Hi milky,
I want to thank you for the great build, it is great boss killer, my strongest build ever, Shaper is very easy, finished Uber Atziri for the first time, never managed to kill her before. Uber Izaro is a joke.
I tried Uber Elder but didn't work out for the first time, any suggestions for Uber Elder?

Thanks!
"
fwd wrote:
Hi Milky!

I almost completed Zana's questline, only last quest remains. Any advices to fight UberElder, may be some video guide with phases explanation (even not for this build)?

I have 274k Shaper DPS on single SR totem, 5100hp, 400es and 2400mp. Probably I should go without Blashpemy and Enfeeble to have more life pool? If the fight has many dangerous ads it's not that good from other side...

I'd like to get any advices from you or from anyone who uses this build and have UberElder fight experience.

I got burned out in the league and havent had the energy to grind my last fragment. the last three elder spawns were on maps which arent sold as t16 for the partytrick and now i just PoB for the race :p

So i got no experience with the fight, but i am pretty damn sure he's doable on it since the mobility is there and we got substain.

Still my thoughts how i would prepare:

- sapphire flask, its the main dmg source in the fight.

- kaoms roots might be an option for the slow effects, drop the rft setuo in the boots for it. Leapslam would be better than shield charge in that case.

- not sure about blasphemy enfeeble vs cwdt enfeeble. The fight is pretry spread out so i'm not sure if blasphemy affects much most of the time.

The dps should be more than enough with searing bond on top.

Its a fight that requires good mechanical skills, knowledge of the fight and a chilled mind ;) expect to rip the first runs, i would expect tht for myself (bricked my first 2 shaper runs, then a 4 death run, then 1 rip and nowadays i run him deathless like... every time).

report back how it worked out for you ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info