[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Have played this build several times in the past, did so again in the Beta.

Having a great time with it, was easy to gear with no trading at all, no uniques. Deathless normal and cruel labs while around level 40~. Started mapping at level 59 with no issues, leveling quickly while running T1-2 maps. I'm now level 74, my Searing Bond DPS tooltip is 16k+, and I'm running T3+ maps (as high as drops will allow).

This build is better than ever with the buffed burning damage gem, and it's looking like there are new support gems on the way that are going to make this build even better when 3.0 launches in full.

Now that the trade API is up, gear improvements are going to drastically improve the DPS & survivability over the next few days.

Barring any nerfs, this looks like a fantastic starter build for the 3.0 launch.
"
Khepresh wrote:
Have played this build several times in the past, did so again in the Beta.

Having a great time with it, was easy to gear with no trading at all, no uniques. Deathless normal and cruel labs while around level 40~. Started mapping at level 59 with no issues, leveling quickly while running T1-2 maps. I'm now level 74, my Searing Bond DPS tooltip is 16k+, and I'm running T3+ maps (as high as drops will allow).

This build is better than ever with the buffed burning damage gem, and it's looking like there are new support gems on the way that are going to make this build even better when 3.0 launches in full.

Now that the trade API is up, gear improvements are going to drastically improve the DPS & survivability over the next few days.

Barring any nerfs, this looks like a fantastic starter build for the 3.0 launch.

Good to hear! This will be my starter for sure, barring any major nerfs. Step aside, flameblast totems :P
https://youtu.be/2Ypg74mOG8g Part 2 of my Act 7 playthrough.

Or like in the 3.0 beta section:

Some Videos with the build in 3.0

OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT Innocence Fight

OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT Kitava Fight

OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT Brine King Fight

OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT Act 7 Playthrough Part 1/2

OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT Act 7 Playthrough Part 2/2

Playthrough is pretty slow because i have no clue where to run :P still clears very smooth and bosses are easy af
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 10, 2017, 11:44:29 AM
Stopped playing Beta for now, not because i want tho.

Changed my hidout after reclaiming all my benches etc, now i have no crafting benches and most importantly - no map device. ITs not fun playing like this. So i will stop once a fix is live or a wipe occurs.

maybe i reroll some stuff for fun, but nothing will run maps without a device in my hideout :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 11, 2017, 3:08:48 AM
Ok, so, I threw together a super-skeletal Scion Raider/Guardian Soul Mantle+Kikazaru path of building that goes over and hits Acrobatics. It seems... plausible, though the damage and raw life total takes a hit.

Super-preliminary skeletal POB Code (ran out of time):

Pros:
Curse Immune
Acrobatics
MoM option, which works well with Acro
Super Flasks and some Stun avoidance
Frenzy Charge option
More balanced Stat attribution (you get all needed stats from tree)
Is something different

Cons:
Takes significant raw DPS and health hits
No fire immune totems

There's a pretty hefty price to pay. Not sure if it actually makes sense or not (at all), but it has some amount of promise.

EDIT: Shoot, forgot about Spire of Stone. Due to one less strength node, that brigns it to -23% reduced totem life over the Blood Magic Marauder pathing.
Last edited by Norc on Jun 12, 2017, 8:40:18 AM
the link is not working for me, better use pastebin.com to link it ;)

Rats, okay, I won't be back at my home computer until tomorrow then.

That will give me a chance to finish it off anyway; it's just a (very) rough draft now.
"
Khepresh wrote:

so what would be the optimal Beta gems?:

RF - EF - IncAOE - Burning Damage - ??

ara va de bo, que de bo va!
RF + Spelltotem (except soulmantle) + Burning Damage + AoE/Conc + Ele Focus + Rapid Decay (+ Totem resist with soulmantle)... in that order.

The 6th gem may change with the new support gems released, depending on their power and usefulness

Hey there,

Trying to go through a lot of the popular builds I've seen around while playing through beta, and made it here. I had a couple questions if you don't mind.

1. I know you mentioned you were playing Hiero on beta, but have the other minor changes (burning gem, MoM, etc...) had any impact on the Chieftain vs. Berserker debate? I've never played RF Totems (some minor totem gameplay with FB/Glacial Casc), so I had planned on just doing chieftain due to it being seemingly more noob friendly. Not sure if the portion of your write-up regarding those two ascendancys (with a third now in the mix - hiero) was still accurate. Also have you considered Scion? I know there's still much to be desired with her ascendancy, but wasn't sure if any of the changes released so far would make her worth a trial run

2. Regarding the EE/EO nodes. I'm a little confused on when/if you're supposed to take them. I'm running ancestral bond, so I know that I can proc EE with trap (vs. OoS), but I'm not sure whether or not OoS will still proc the crit necessary for EO to proc? Does OoS still technically hit mobs (and subsequently crit them) with Ancestral Bond, even if it's a zero damage hit? Or does Ancestral Bond also remove the ability for OoS to proc EO, because the hits are doing no damage, and therefore not able to register a crit?

Thanks for the guide! It's very thorough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info