[3.0] [STARTER] [MINER] FROSTBolt KING - ATZ/uLAB /Guardians/Vaal Temple # CI/LIFE-MOM #

What is your opinion on this spirit shield?
Last edited by 1Marko1 on Aug 20, 2017, 3:15:39 PM
"
1Marko1 wrote:

What is your opinion on this spirit shield?

eerr.....should be looking for survival thing
those "shock" kind of dangerous
I play this build and it’s a blast – i have a lot of fun – my gear is still very, very crapy but the damage-output and map clearing (at the moment Act 8) is incredible. Recently i have taken the key MoM – but now i have a question: which path of defense (armor) should i take? ES or Evasion or hybrid? – i think phys-reduction (Armor) is too clunky?!?

I’ve done the normal lab (at lvl. 38). I’m now at lvl 58. So are the other asc-points (at lab) necessary to kill all bosses up to act 10?

Cheers
Chris
Last edited by Cordovan on Aug 21, 2017, 2:57:47 AM
i just do evasion build thing, cos i feel alot more survive in maps that way
also i using phase acrobatic too
I've played an assassin version of this build in HHC league (level 89), and ripped trying to a dangerous Corrupted T12 map (-max res, Crit chance & Crit Multi, monster got ele dmg, etc) out of boredom upon reaching where I thought the build was to reach.

Here was my setup:

Clear speed is superb with this build especially in open-fiend type maps.

I've done leveling with Fire Nova Mine prior to Kitava and switched to 4L Frostbolt-Remote Mine-Minefield-Trap and Mine Dmg-Cold Penetration. Fire Nova Mine has a problem killing Kitava imo since you have to be close to him so it's hard to see what sort of moves Kitava is doing (his punch smashes in particular were dangerous). Then I got a Geofri's Crest until I reached into maps, which then I switched to a 5L chest.

Some issues/comments with the build:

1. You really need
. Mines consume a lot of mana and MoM takes away a lot of mana. Poison damage is extremely dangerous without the flask (even with the flask it's quite a problem).

2. Power Charge Generation relies on Orb of Storms+ Inc Crit Strikes + PCoC (+Arcane Surge) and unfortunately cannot sustain just on Blast Cascade.

3. vs. bosses it's kind of hard to pick between a decoy totem for a safer kill or spell totem + detonate mines for a faster kill.

4. Going CI/LL solves a lot of the above problems, but requires a lot of investment.

5. Shadow is obviously a great choice as a starter for this build as you have access to all the gems early and has better damage potential (Assassin, not Saboteur), but Berserker later on is more reliable to manage mana as War Bringer allows you to recover 25% of life and Mana from a warcry.

6. Probably want a good Insanity crafted gloves + dagger (attack speed) for the popular Whirling Blades/Shield Charge + FA + Fortify for movement, but I am not sure if you want to get close to the mobs at all with this build. I personally just sticked with fast movement speed + Quicksilver Flask and Flame Dash.

7. Reaching High EHP (7k+ HP and 2k+ Mana) is quite difficult, so not the best defensive build. Going CI/LL solves this problem but requires a lot of investment.

8. No clear best choices for Pantheon.. I usually went with the Phys damage mitigation ones and swapped vs Dmg over Time mods and Burning Grounds.

9. Perhaps getting Alira for Bandits is worth more than 2 passive points.

10. Quite a cheap build to function for Life+MoM option.
"Jack of all trades, master of none,
Certainly better than a master of one"
Last edited by intomystash on Aug 21, 2017, 4:22:13 PM
Spoiler
"
intomystash wrote:
I've played an assassin version of this build in HHC league (level 89), and ripped trying to a dangerous Corrupted T12 map (-max res, Crit chance & Crit Multi, monster got ele dmg, etc) out of boredom upon reaching where I thought the build was to reach.

Here was my setup:

Clear speed is superb with this build especially in open-fiend type maps.

I've done leveling with Fire Nova Mine prior to Kitava and switched to 4L Frostbolt-Remote Mine-Minefield-Trap and Mine Dmg-Cold Penetration. Fire Nova Mine has a problem killing Kitava imo since you have to be close to him so it's hard to see what sort of moves Kitava is doing (his punch smashes in particular were dangerous). Then I got a Geofri's Crest until I reached into maps, which then I switched to a 5L chest.

Some issues/comments with the build:

1. You really need
. Mines consume a lot of mana and MoM takes away a lot of mana. Poison damage is extremely dangerous without the flask (even with the flask it's quite a problem).

2. Power Charge Generation relies on Orb of Storms+ Inc Crit Strikes + PCoC (+Arcane Surge) and unfortunately cannot sustain just on Blast Cascade.

3. vs. bosses it's kind of hard to pick between a decoy totem for a safer kill or spell totem + detonate mines for a faster kill.

4. Going CI/LL solves a lot of the above problems, but requires a lot of investment.

5. Shadow is obviously a great choice as a starter for this build as you have access to all the gems early and has better damage potential (Assassin, not Saboteur), but Berserker later on is more reliable to manage mana as War Bringer allows you to recover 25% of life and Mana from a warcry.

6. Probably want a good Insanity crafted gloves + dagger (attack speed) for the popular Whirling Blades/Shield Charge + FA + Fortify for movement, but I am not sure if you want to get close to the mobs at all with this build. I personally just sticked with fast movement speed + Quicksilver Flask and Flame Dash.

7. Reaching High EHP (7k+ HP and 2k+ Mana) is quite difficult, so not the best defensive build. Going CI/LL solves this problem but requires a lot of investment.

8. No clear best choices for Pantheon.. I usually went with the Phys damage mitigation ones and swapped vs Dmg over Time mods and Burning Grounds.

9. Perhaps getting Alira for Bandits is worth more than 2 passive points.

10. Quite a cheap build to function for Life+MoM option.

hey trade info with me, im trying to make it this build alot better
althou im using dodge MoM build as Saboteur

Dps on tooltip 19k with 54% chance crit
HP: 3300 MP:1700
chance to evade attack 34% (scaled in T14 maps)
dodge attack 40%
dodge spell 45%
all resist 75% (not include chaos)

i agree Lavianga's Spirit is really need for type miner/trapper build, cos they always have mana issue to sustain it

i choose ascend as Saboteur cos of 25% chance blind on hit, makes bosses less chance 1-hit kill me
Last edited by leftyZX on Aug 22, 2017, 1:20:02 PM
"
Andse wrote:

Deathless run:
http://imgur.com/a/msSQZ
Andse, has the incr-Dur in your gloves any effect at all? - Is not the LVL much too high?

Anyway, this build is incredible cool!
I'm running this build and not sure what is more broken, Frozen Trail or More DMG from Remote Mine.

At first got some problems with bosses, cause only had Det Mines linked with CWDT, but now had another Det. Mines with Spell Totem and boy the thing rocks.

Running T9 maps with blue 5L chest (90+ life) and around 15k DPS tooltip, everything in my way (even resist mods maps) dies in a breeze.

Picketup some mana regen and inc mana nodes over crits for more survival and spamerino, once i hit next lvl (80) will do uber lab and after that 10% pen will advance on higher tiers.

Good guide, good league to build it cause i'm pretty sure they will nerf in someway Frozen Trail jewels.
IGN Flatulencia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info