Get the Purple Portal, Purple Weapon Effect and Purple Footprints Free with Twitch Prime!

I know i am not the only one but...

Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.
Twitch Prime is currently only available to customers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.

No Effects for the us :(

/salty
"
Oerknal wrote:
I know i am not the only one but...

Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.
Twitch Prime is currently only available to customers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.

No Effects for the us :(

/salty

Register for free US amazon premium, and link twitch & amazon like that. No regional lock... ;-)
Since this isn't available in NZ, can we have the purple effects for doing something else?
"
nanhuei wrote:
They are giving some EXTRA cosmetics that won't change anyone's life ingame or irl, for god's sake.

The problem in fact that you have no choice. You can't make a choice by yourself take this stuff or not. This choice has already been made for you and you can't influence this. So if you live in right country - you are welcome. If not... bad for you.

It make the same feeling like if GGG make some 'promotion' based on number of completed challanges in current league. Like if you done all 40 in 5 or 10 days after promotion was started - you can access additional bundle of 'free' stuff. It's would be fair to all? I think not.

"
nanhuei wrote:
Just deal with it. If you seriously can't, then stop buying points and stop playing the game and that'll be the end of the story.

You always stop doing some things that you like only because somebody make a weird thing?

"
nanhuei wrote:
Unfortunatelly, I'm not from any of the eligible regions for Twitch Prime, but I find it a good iniciative coming from GGG

This initiative have a low profit. Numbers of people that really have benefits through Twitch Prime are not big to compare with current player base. Numbers of people that start use a Twitch Prime after this promotion also can't be high. Amount of people that try to geting 'one time' access to claim a 'free' stuff can be huge, but how much of this people not get away after claim this stuff?

"
AdonisPerhaps wrote:
Register for free US amazon premium, and link twitch & amazon like that. No regional lock... ;-)

I have successfully activated Amazon Prime, but I can't activate Twitch Prime. So it's not working for all.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
nanhuei wrote:
They are giving some EXTRA cosmetics that won't change anyone's life ingame or irl, for god's sake.

The problem in fact that you have no choice. You can't make a choice by yourself take this stuff or not. This choice has already been made for you and you can't influence this. So if you live in right country - you are welcome. If not... bad for you.

It make the same feeling like if GGG make some 'promotion' based on number of completed challanges in current league. Like if you done all 40 in 5 or 10 days after promotion was started - you can access additional bundle of 'free' stuff. It's would be fair to all? I think not.

"
nanhuei wrote:
Just deal with it. If you seriously can't, then stop buying points and stop playing the game and that'll be the end of the story.

You always stop doing some things that you like only because somebody make a weird thing?

"
nanhuei wrote:
Unfortunatelly, I'm not from any of the eligible regions for Twitch Prime, but I find it a good iniciative coming from GGG

This initiative have a low profit. Numbers of people that really have benefits through Twitch Prime are not big to compare with current player base. Numbers of people that start use a Twitch Prime after this promotion also can't be high. Amount of people that try to geting 'one time' access to claim a 'free' stuff can be huge, but how much of this people not get away after claim this stuff?

"
AdonisPerhaps wrote:

I have successfully activated Amazon Prime, but I can't activate Twitch Prime. So it's not working for all.

You need to put a REAL US adress on your default payment method. It will work after that... ;-)
Aaah yes... As usually, to heck with all the other players who are living in different countries where we don't have access to Aamazon Prime.

Just great! :/
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
nanhuei wrote:

"
nanhuei wrote:

"
nanhuei wrote:

What I meant is that you have the choice to stop supporting a game if you do not agree with its promotion practices, or with any other practices. I just think it is a really bad excuse to do it (saying bullshit like discrimination or racism, since it is kind of a "plus stuff" you may get from GGG, and not even an item that will improve your gameplay or affect you characters' performance/build), but anyone is free to leave the game if unsatisfied.
Indeed, you do not get to choose whether you take the gift or not (unless you live in an eligible country), but GGG chose this method of promotion nevertheless; if it beneficial for both GGG and Twitch Prime (meaning if they can capitalize on it), it's their issue/problem, why should we bother if they are profiting from this partnership or not?

Oh, ppl say "if it's not benefiting even 30% of the players, why offer this gift at all?". This sounds much like jealousy towards players who are eligible: "If I can't have it, why should other people have it? Let's level everyone on the downside so no one gets the gift and everyone continues with their miserable lives." (reminds me of the fox and the grapes fable) That, in my opinion, is such a lowly/childishly stingy way to think.

Can't complain much about GGG in any other aspects, since I find it one of the most competent developers nowadays which listens to the players requests for ingame improvements and is active on the official forums. Maybe, after all this controversy, GGG might find other ways for players from other regions to get these MTX. One can only hope for that.
Last edited by nanhuei on May 25, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
24hours post linking still no in game purple. :(
"
AdonisPerhaps wrote:
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
nanhuei wrote:

"
nanhuei wrote:

"
nanhuei wrote:

"
AdonisPerhaps wrote:

You need to put a REAL US adress on your default payment method. It will work after that... ;-)

The problem is not the address they check where the credit card is from so unless you have a credit card from the USA or prime using country is not going to work. Also there is a kindle crap that you have to fix check page 27 on the thread someone copy and pasted a year old guide that lets you bypass most of the stuff so if you manage to get a working CC number you are golden.
"
AdonisPerhaps wrote:

Not. I'm tried several times with different addresses.

Anyway, if GGG give away through this promotion not new stuff, but make 'free' some of existing - they have much less whines about that. Because if that promotion targeted on new players - they absolutely do not care which effect they will get for free, because they have no any effects at all. Same meanings, but big difference.

"
nanhuei wrote:
"If I can't have it, why should other people have it? Let's level everyone on the downside so no one gets the gift and everyone continues with their miserable lives."

It's not my personal position.

I continue complain about this promotion only because in future I must buy this stuff (if I like it, and I like it) instead get it from free like 'lucky' people.

Make this stuff totally exclusive for Twitch Prime users or give me another way to get it for free.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on May 25, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info