[2.6] The Perfect Form Cold Bladeflurry w/ Dreamfeather (Guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri)

"
Zodrac wrote:
Hello guys i want to share my current build which i am playing since league start. It is very well balanced and ethical and if u are careful it can do all contents deathless.

The idea of this build is to convert phys to Cold damage as much as possible and increase it significantly with Dreamfeathers and The Perfect Form

Edit:
Videos:(Updated with Uber Atziri now)
A friend showed me how to create videos. I didnt know that Nvidia can record videos.
Well i was kinda very nervous while recording, so i often forgot to use Vaal lightning trap, Vaal Haste, sometimes used my flasks 2xtimes in a row and so on. So please forgive me :)

Spoiler

Guardians
Chimera
Hydra
Minotaur
Phoenix

Shaper
Shaper

Uber Atziri
Uber Atziri

Pro:
+can do all endgame contents
+very strong boss killer
+Reflect proof with vaal pact
+over 100k Evasion, 36% Dodge, 46% Spell dodge
+ethical Build

Cons:
-5.5k up to 6k+ life, volatile with dmg/-max res mods can one shot you
-clear speed is ok
-not Budget friendly, min max can cost a fortune
-high level required (lvl 92+)

This is how the Dps against e.g. Shaper/Guardians looks like (this build is able to facetank Shapersbeam with or without Flasks) - Screenshots made from "Path of Building"

http://imgur.com/a/d4k3x

Required Gear
Spoiler

Required Flasks
Spoiler

You can also use non legacy Taste of hate, and if you want more dps u can use Lion's Roar flask instead of The Wise Oak (effective dps from 970k up to 990k against Shaper)

Jewels
Spoiler
Priority order: %Life - %Area/Melee Dmg - %Cold Dmg - Attack speed - Cold res

Gem Links
Spoiler

Chest: Blade Flurry - Cold Penetration - Added Cold Damage - Elemental Focus - Weapon Elemental Damage - Inc Area (Concentrated Effect against strong bosses)

Gloves: Grace - Herald of Ice - Purity of Ice - Enlighten Gem

If u dont have +1 level Gloves, you gonna need lvl 4 Enlighten Gem - best choice would be lvl 4 enlighten and +1 level gloves. Also 15% Grace Mana reservation is manditory. I you dont have the currency for lvl 4 enlighten or 15% Grace Mana reservation drop Purity of ice or Herald of ice

Boots or Helmet: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Bloodmagic // Increased Duration - Vaal lightning trap - Arctic Armour - Vaal haste/grace

Weapons: Ancestral Warchief/Protector - Culling Strike - (3rd what ever u prefer) // Frostbomb - Curse on hit - Frostbite

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak - Kraitlyn - Kraitlyn

My current Passive Tree
level 99

My Passive Tree is quite simple and shows u how to proceed when starting from level one. I recommend to take flask nodes @ lvl 93+ and higher. To facetank Shapers beam it is not manditory to keep up your flasks. For more life at lower levels (<92 and lower) get a leather belt to reach 6k life earlier.

Ascendary Class: Raider

Best regards Zodrac
Do you use HoI for added cold damage only ?

How do you freeze, with Elemental Focus on your setup ?
Hi guys!

First of all sorry that i couldnt respond the past days because 1)i was on a holiday 2)my old computer didnt boot anymore.

Now i have a new computer and will now respond to your questions:

1) Avarice711: "is there a reason you choose cold over another element?"

Yeah there is a reason. Near the ranger passive (40%) + the hrimsorrow gloves (50%) can convert your phys to cold up to 90%.

But there is also another reason. If u look at my dps sheet http://imgur.com/a/d4k3x, my cold res is the highest among my other resistances.
Why?

Higher cold res means higher Evasion Rating - and thats "Global increase". So stacking cold res with Purity of Ice (+ max cold res - good against reflect), Items with cold res, Flasks like Taste of Hate (+ max cold res - very good against reflect) and The Wise Oak (cold penetration, because cold is your highest res) increases your Evasion rating significantly very very high.

Also higher evasion rating with 2x Dreamfeathers gives you a huge dmg boost. Currently i have over 100k evasion rating if i hit up all my flasks - that means "one" Dreamfeather gives you 222,2% Attack dmg, so 2x Dreamfeathers = 444,4%!! Attack dmg increase.

So in summary you have: high Defense and Damage at once.

2) forzainter and OGrabbit: any leveling tips/tree progression?

see first page. i updated level progression lvl 50,80 and 90

3) sev7NN:
Do you use HoI for added cold damage only?
Yes. Because 2xDreamfeathers can boost added cold dmg from HoI very high. Also it is cheaper than Hatred.

How do you freeze with Elemental Focus on your Setup?
I dont freeze so HoI is only for added cold dmg. Also Hrimsorrow is only for phys to cold conversion.
Other questions:

1) Why added cold over melee physical damage? Does the flat cold add more than the converted MPD?

2) What would you say to removing the cold pen gem replacing it with melee phys, and going pathfinder instead? After all, you already have wise oak, you'd get veteran bowyer, and even more of an increase from master alch. Odds are, if you pathed it to the alchemist cluster in witch, you might have higher eva as well. I suppose one of the issues would be a 4 off-color perfect form, though.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Other questions:

1) Why added cold over melee physical damage? Does the flat cold add more than the converted MPD?

2) What would you say to removing the cold pen gem replacing it with melee phys, and going pathfinder instead? After all, you already have wise oak, you'd get veteran bowyer, and even more of an increase from master alch. Odds are, if you pathed it to the alchemist cluster in witch, you might have higher eva as well. I suppose one of the issues would be a 4 off-color perfect form, though.

You forgot the frenzy charge bonus from raider. Going pathfinder is good but raider gives you shit tons of frenzy charges for boss fights and each can gives you a 4% extra evasion (from skill tree). 9 x 4 = 36 increase in evasion (nice bonus for dreamfeather) plus 36% more damage. I can see your point but going either path finder or raider, each has its own merits

I like the idea of this build. This is one of those second-character build where core uniques are cheap af (even at max roll). Also, 3.0 does not change anything for this build and can still deliver end-game clearing power. This is on par with Mathil-level builds
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Jun 18, 2017, 1:44:36 AM
I see you have 10% remaining physical dmg not converted, which allows you to use the new Chance to Bleed gem (not for the bleeding itself) for that fat 50 to 75 flat physical dmg at lvl 20 against bleeding enemies.

I guess you would have to check on PoB to see if it's actually good or not, but with all that % increased attack damage and fast hitting skill, that flat phýs might be a good option on 3.0

edit: Would you mind sharing your PoB code for this build? I found this build very interesting!
edit 2: I've just uploaded your profile on my PoB and Chance to Bleed is a smalled damage multiplier than any of you current support gems.
Last edited by KaioNS on Jun 19, 2017, 3:49:52 PM
"
KaioNS wrote:
I see you have 10% remaining physical dmg not converted, which allows you to use the new Chance to Bleed gem (not for the bleeding itself) for that fat 50 to 75 flat physical dmg at lvl 20 against bleeding enemies.

I guess you would have to check on PoB to see if it's actually good or not, but with all that % increased attack damage and fast hitting skill, that flat phýs might be a good option on 3.0

edit: Would you mind sharing your PoB code for this build? I found this build very interesting!
edit 2: I've just uploaded your profile on my PoB and Chance to Bleed is a smalled damage multiplier than any of you current support gems.

First of all thank you for testing it out with the bleeding gem! Well yeah currently it is hard to switch out one of those gems. Sometimes i wish i had 7l chest.

@greendragon2194
thank you pointed it out why i took Raider instead of any other ascendary class.

@Ilyak1986
Regarding MPD vs Added Cold gem - if u have high Evasionrating then Dreamfeather gives tons of percentage attack dmg. But downside of this Weapon is the "low Base dmg". So to balance the Math you need more "Flat Dmg". Preferable is added cold damage to attacks. If you look into my gear, i use rings and amu with added cold and phys flat dmg.

Eventhough MPD has a "more" multiplier, "phys base dmg" from dreamfeather is low - so the increase eventhough you have 400%+ inc attack dmg + eo + melee phys dmg isnt strong. Dont also forget that also 10% of your phys dmg isnt converted to cold which makes MPD additionally weaker.

Edit: So it is like Facebreaker ^^

Last edited by Zodrac on Jun 20, 2017, 5:03:50 PM
Very solid build. Saved it on my PoB list of possible builds for 3.0.

As far as I know, this build has not been nerfed until now according to Beta content.
Actually, since Evasion bases have been buffed, we can expected that your total evasion will be a bit higher next patch, and as a result, so your damage.
how u reach 5.5k+ hp? i have on 76 lvl only 4.6k with pretty good rare items with hp
"
EskimoCallb0y wrote:
how u reach 5.5k+ hp? i have on 76 lvl only 4.6k with pretty good rare items with hp

Well atm you are only lvl 76, you get more life each level, thats why i also mentioned already that high level is required.

For lvls lower than lvl 92 i recommended to use a leather belt ( t2+ str. roll & t2+life roll). You can drop leather belt later @ lvl92+ if you want to do more damage. Otherwise stick to a leather belt with t3+ str roll and t2+ life roll and if possible t2+ WED roll (or use WED Enchantment - additional dmg from Rustic sash isnt very high eventhough u have 24% phys dmg roll.)

Rustic Sash is only good if u want to do more dmg instead of surviability. But to maximize your dmg i recommend to craft/buy a vanguard belt with t2+ str, t2+ life, t2+ cold res and t2+ Weapon Elemental Damage roll. Dmg with vanguard belt is higher than with Rustic Sash and also gives you some extra evasion.

You are also missing 2 jewels spots which would give you 12-14% extra life.

Last edited by Zodrac on Jun 22, 2017, 10:50:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info