Scaeva - End game viable?

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
A slight addition, the wording of it is "intimidated enemies receive 10% increased
physical damage", which is a bit misleading. It's actually a "more" multiplier.
[..]
Passives which say "you deal X increased damage" are increased damage.
Passives which say "enemies receive X increased damage" are multipliers, i.e. more damage. Intimidate gives you 10% more physical damage against the intimidated enemy, and it doesn't show in the tooltip.

Moreso for other people than for you, Bars, but:
Intimidate is still an Increased-type modifier - it is additive with all other sources of Increased/Reduced Damage Taken, such as Shock and Fortify. The reason it's multiplicative (and why people incorrectly call it More-type) is due to Damage Taken being a defender-side modifier, which is an entirely separate calculation to the attacker-side Damage dealt.

It's practically a multiplier because sources of increased damage taken on the defender's side are pretty scarce. Apart from that, point taken - let's shake our hands on "multiplierish" :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 26, 2017, 7:30:45 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Probably not as it was clearly designed as a high crit sword but the 60-80% crit modifier isn't actually local despite being listed as such.

To be entirely anal about these things:
Conditional modifiers are always global. It is listed as a conditional modifier, and is thus implicitly also listed as a global modifier. :)

------
Scaeva's a fine offhand for fake-dualwielding: using a Skill that is only compatible with the non-Scaeva weapon, and using Scaeva for its passive bonuses. An off-hand that grants 80% Inc Crit (or 8% Block) and 30% Crit Mult is pretty nifty.

While true, there is now buffed Princess in the game paired with Advancing Fortress. :V No crit chance, but one is Hatred without mana reservation, and the other is way bigger block chance with built in Fortify for your movement skill and some defensive stats. :2

Other than that, I don't think Scaeva is that great end-game wise. DPS is nice until you can replace it with good rolled rare.

i always thought the (60-80)% increased Critical Strike Chance was local for the sword (scaeva) as it didn't say global critical strike chance? why not write global critical strike chance then to make it clear?

perq that princess sword is interesting with the built in semi hatred. i missed that one. but how would you deal damage if you pair it with advancing fortress? neither weapon deals any damage to speak of? did you mean to use either of those as a stat stick for fake dual wielding?
Last edited by kompaniet on May 27, 2017, 9:03:23 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
i always thought the (60-80)% increased Critical Strike Chance was local for the sword (scaeva) as it didn't say global critical strike chance? why not write global critical strike chance then to make it clear?

You quoted the answer to that question.
It's a great sword for it's cost but one handed slower attack speed swords in general have never been really great for doing uber boss fights. Mostly because the slow attack speed makes it harder to dodge one shot mechanics most end game bosses have.

For starter weapon it's on par or better then most of the other 1 hand sword options.
But in the end your going to want a high dps foil with 2.0 aps probably.
Could always consider going Varunastra if you wanted to use a unique sword. Especially with a block-centric build, the passive efficiency on varunastra allows you to have very good damage while still maintaining max block and lots of defenses on tree.

Can check out PunchKnight in my profile for some inspiration (Though the armor pieces are outdated, I have many upgrade waiting in legacy). Sitting at 6.1k hp 500ES, about 120k dps with bladeflurry not counting poison/bleed. Max block/spell block
Even if it is possible it doesnt feel safe because its too slow.

With Varunastra, i've facetanked kaom in t15 abyss map. Not sure bout the remaining end game content because ive stopped playing. (Given up on finding the chromes needed for making 4 off colored sockets on my 6 linked chest.)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

You quoted the answer to that question.

where did i do that? it most certainly doesn't say global critical strike chance.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 4, 2017, 2:13:21 PM
It's a conditional modifier. As you quoted:
"Conditional modifiers are always global."
So no, it's not a local modifier...
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's a conditional modifier. As you quoted:
"Conditional modifiers are always global."
So no, it's not a local modifier...

that was a super quick reply. sorry for the confusion i managed to miss what i quoted myself :)

i only meant that perhaps it should just say 60-80% global increased critical strike chance instead. but if it's important that it doesn't then so be it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 4, 2017, 2:42:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info