Energy Shield and Life

First of all I have to say: the ES + VaalPact 'thing' deserves a nerf.
(I even have myself 2 Chars with that build combination - anyhow...)

But I dont understand why GGG obviously doesnt have the following facts
in mind:
1.) ES-Chars have to deal with stun AND freeze. And using a Chayula_Amu
gives U nothing but the stun prevention. Mentioning that not
everyone is healthy enough to wear skyforth boots.
2.) ES-Charsdo need a bigger health-pool, because they are extremely
vulnerable to phys.-damage.
My InGameName: Aui
Whispering Ice AND Guardian could be dead as well!
CI PLUS VaalPact is the problem. This should deserve a nerf.
But GGG will be skyrocketing the NERF to Nirvana! (making ES useless)
1.) Nerf => discipline
2.) Nerf => tree-notables
3.) Nerf => item-values
3.) Nerf => VaalPact
4.) Nerf => master crafting
Does GGG understand his own game anymore? (I doubt it) U cant compare ES
and life just only by its pure numbers!! And only orientating on that
1% of players, who play this game 14h/day in their parents basement, is
NOT GGG should referred to it! [WhisperingIce And Guardian will suffer as well]
Last edited by Aui on May 25, 2017, 9:58:29 AM
It's simple thing - nerf it, let see if it works.

I am hopeless anymore.

If this happens in v3, and ES receive nerfing instead of boosting - the game is dead for me.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"

50,000 word guide. This 3 year old build was made with sweat and frustration to achieve endgame viability. Only the last 6 months has it truly made it and now it will be snuffed out utterly. I will never play a grind fest game like this ever again. Not so long as my WORK (not play!) is casually ripped from my hands by Devs.

I dunno bro why are you whining? What did they change to your build? Your legacy voidheart? I guess you should whine in an appropriate topic then.
"
Smear wrote:

This^

I've literally spent months getting currency, planning, reading guides and finally building an ES character that is actually fun to play. So have countless thousands of other people - only to be spit on by the next overkill nerf.

GGG is effectively spitting in the faces of all of us, all the time and hours spent to finally achieve a end game viable build, only to be gutted in 3.0

The reward for working in this game is punishment. well, to that I say F*** you GGG. You're seriously blowing it this time. The blow back from this will be truly epic.

You tards have forgot the base players who made you the money in the first place. PC gamers. Remember that fact.

You are heading down the vanilla console S*** path and ruining yet another great game in favor of keeping the console mindless sheep pleased. That's really what this about.

it's ok, you geared up another HoWA build, you had fun with it (even if that shit is OP as hell, congrat to the guy that come up with it), do you plan on playing that same build untill the end of times ?

PoE is cyclic, you make/copy builds, gear them up, you try to beat endgame content, and start over with an other idea/build guide when you reach your objectives. if you keep playing the same build over and over you'll end up leaving the game anyway.

3 of the 3 builds i developped this league will be gutted in 3.0, 2 with the double dipping changes and one with the ES change, i won't cry about it, i'll just find other ideas, that what keep me playing. changes gives you opportinities to find other way to enjoy the game. if you think ES will be destroyed, just think about other way to beat the game and have fun, i'm pretty sure ES mechanics can and will be abused again, so as DoT changes...

spend more time understanding new mechanics, try to overcome issues and you'll end up destroying content one more time.
The worst thing about the ES nerf is that I finally discovered ES (always played life based in the past) and all of a sudden I felt that the game was fun again. I had a ton of ideas for upcoming leagues what I wanted to try but this killed it.

What I find annoying is that ggg loves their negative, player punnishing approach instead of balancing other areas up and make maps harder. Life needs a boost, boost it. If we don't die enough for you (seems to be the goal, you forget that the game is fun to play even if you don't die all the time) make the maps harder, add more end game content.

While I love you guys for what you done the past years that made this an amazing game, you always go the negative nerfing route (well in most cases). Please stop, don't take yourself to seriously, allow people to feel their chars getting stronger, add more super tricky content instead.
"
The worst thing about the ES nerf is that I finally discovered ES (always played life based in the past) and all of a sudden I felt that the game was fun again. I had a ton of ideas for upcoming leagues what I wanted to try but this killed it.

What I find annoying is that ggg loves their negative, player punnishing approach instead of balancing other areas up and make maps harder. Life needs a boost, boost it. If we don't die enough for you (seems to be the goal, you forget that the game is fun to play even if you don't die all the time) make the maps harder, add more end game content.

While I love you guys for what you done the past years that made this an amazing game, you always go the negative nerfing route (well in most cases). Please stop, don't take yourself to seriously, allow people to feel their chars getting stronger, add more super tricky content instead.

GGG doesn't want fun dude, honestly they need us to work. Fun means player will win too fast, work means player will struggle and take longer increasing chances they will spend more money to GGG.

This game's development absolutely gas NO intention of being fun. If it gained GGG more money then they'd remove the graphics completely if that's what it took. Don't kid yourselves, this game is a business and players who play, have fun then quit earn GGG no money.

This game is work. It's a job. It starts fun and easy to hook you, then it's work. It completely lacks creative content necessary to be fun through and through. That's the bad part about games like these. After a short while the game's fun transitions subtly but inevitably to playing for progression rather than the mechanics and fun. Work!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
"

GGG doesn't want fun dude, honestly they need us to work. Fun means player will win too fast, work means player will struggle and take longer increasing chances they will spend more money to GGG.

This game's development absolutely gas NO intention of being fun. If it gained GGG more money then they'd remove the graphics completely if that's what it took. Don't kid yourselves, this game is a business and players who play, have fun then quit earn GGG no money.

This game is work. It's a job. It starts fun and easy to hook you, then it's work. It completely lacks creative content necessary to be fun through and through. That's the bad part about games like these. After a short while the game's fun transitions subtly but inevitably to playing for progression rather than the mechanics and fun. Work!

Yeah I guess, it does start to show the symptoms of typical larger corporation decease where they believe it is more than a game, that it is a business model. If they are not able to walk the line of keeping it fun, rewarding they are open themselfes up for competition. I know I would go if there was something out there surfacing. This constant nerfing and punnishing of their players is not what built the fanbase, it was always the passion for the game. Anyways, this is a dead conversation, we are talking to each others, not ggg, they got their eye on the money not us.
"
Aui wrote:
CI PLUS VaalPact is the problem. This should deserve a nerf.
But GGG will be skyrocketing the NERF to Nirvana! (making ES useless)
1.) Nerf => discipline
2.) Nerf => tree-notables
3.) Nerf => item-values
3.) Nerf => VaalPact
4.) Nerf => master crafting
Does GGG understand his own game anymore? (I doubt it) U cant compare ES
and life just only by its pure numbers!! And only orientating on that
1% of players, who play this game 14h/day in their parents basement, is
NOT GGG should referred to it! [WhisperingIce And Guardian will suffer as well]

i totally agree with you man... the nerf is too much... nerf ES regen and instant leech is good enough to make ES player unable to face tank the bosses....
Last edited by tanks1989 on May 25, 2017, 8:02:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info