Energy Shield and Life

"
CBEToffOP wrote:

1) ES items doesn't come with armor/evasion (hybrid only, but it has lower ES). Life build items comes with Armor/Evasion!
2) Yes there are items like auxium/chayula, but you said about amulet with % ES?! As i said before, ES build have to compromise choosing items which gives basically only this and nothing all, while Life doesn't need concern themselves about it and choose BiS items.
3) ES refill only for long ranged builds, what about ES melee build? RIP?

I agree that ES and Life pool should be equally effective, but i don't understand reasons for Vaal Pact CUT FOR ES!
If GGG trying to make Life and ES equally effective why did he RIP ES melee builds?

1) Life items dont come with high evasion or armour necessarily, either. Also, you need around 35k of armour to mitigate a 13k physical hit to below 10k. Heavy investment in the tree and t1 life and armour items would be necessary which are much more expensive than the es example i gave.

2) I said there'd be an increase if you get amu and ring es% enchant. without this it is still 14.5k. Take away the 40 flat es from the amulett i took and you end up with 14.3k and chayula. In addition, life has the 'compromise' to choose less life nodes and get the same amount of damage nodes the es build has. That being said, you could also invest the 10-15 additional nodes you have to get to unwavering stance instead of sacrificing your amulett.

3) When I started playing PoE, ES seemed to me as an additional protection for range dds. I don't mind melee es builds and I thought nerfing vaal pact that much might be a bit too much. There were other options, I guess. However, it still might be possible to leech instantly with acuities (at least I haven't read about it not being possible officially). In the Manifesto it says Vaal Pact explicitly.
Last edited by kuddman on May 22, 2017, 5:20:48 AM
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
I have 12 000 ES with all stuff buffed and I can barely play on the latest maps.
While 4000 Life build have no problems at all.

I am again witness another game taking the nerf train against the casters.

Just remember - if You angry the casters - your game will die, and it will become dead and forgotten.

The casters is the main driving force of any online RPG game.

Disregarding how cool is your game - it will die if you try anything against them.
There is none known case any negative action taken against the casters to went unpunished severely.

I am just stating the reality.

And no - this is not a balance. this is mind cr*p.

Nice point of view. You don't think there is a connection between most people playing caster/avoiding melee and the fact that they are op?

And you don't start doubting your playstyle if you, with 12k ES, can't do the maps but a player with 4k life can?
I didnt acknowledge anything, I took your word as enough (not being like you). As a matter of fact, your example of a summoner is heavily biased because you use this build as base (which probably needs certain passives on the tree). I, however, use the life and es nodes in the passive tree as base and then optimize life and es pool and how much passives are left to build something around that. You could still say that this is biased. The question, however is, which of the two examples makes more sense to determine whether the ES pool can get too big too easily. Counter question: can you make your build work on a life base with enough life to survive just like your ES summoner?[/quote]

Again u not paying attention; cos I guess u don't really know Summoners. and what ur saying bla bla.
If I don't respond after this post its bec I feel sorry for my self, I can't take it ES been nurfed outrage how can it happen. And survive when did that become part of game. Listen to what ur saying SURVIVEEEEEE??
If I knew how to survive I wouldn't be wasting my time vining to you.

Let me tell u something here u fish hole monkey; regardless ill be playing something as I always do. Trouble is I don't know what yet, but that's not my doing (thanks GGG)
Who knows life hybrid Summoner may work better aha and ill be still surviving.
"
If I don't respond after this post its bec I feel sorry for my self, I can't take it ES been nurfed outrage how can it happen. And survive when did that become part of game. Listen to what ur saying SURVIVEEEEEE??

I start feeling sorry for you too. But not because of the ES nerf
"
kuddman wrote:
"

I start feeling sorry for you too. But not because of the ES nerf

Thanks ;) I knew u could c my point
"
kuddman wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:

1) ES items doesn't come with armor/evasion (hybrid only, but it has lower ES). Life build items comes with Armor/Evasion!
2) Yes there are items like auxium/chayula, but you said about amulet with % ES?! As i said before, ES build have to compromise choosing items which gives basically only this and nothing all, while Life doesn't need concern themselves about it and choose BiS items.
3) ES refill only for long ranged builds, what about ES melee build? RIP?

I agree that ES and Life pool should be equally effective, but i don't understand reasons for Vaal Pact CUT FOR ES!
If GGG trying to make Life and ES equally effective why did he RIP ES melee builds?

1) Life items dont come with high evasion or armour necessarily, either. Also, you need around 35k of armour to mitigate a 13k physical hit to below 10k. Heavy investment in the tree and t1 life and armour items would be necessary which are much more expensive than the es example i gave.

2) I said there'd be an increase if you get amu and ring es% enchant. without this it is still 14.5k. Take away the 40 flat es from the amulett i took and you end up with 14.3k and chayula. In addition, life has the 'compromise' to choose less life nodes and get the same amount of damage nodes the es build has. That being said, you could also invest the 10-15 additional nodes you have to get to unwavering stance instead of sacrificing your amulett.

3) When I started playing PoE, ES seemed to me as an additional protection for range dds. I don't mind melee es builds and I thought nerfing vaal pact that much might be a bit too much. There were other options, I guess. However, it still might be possible to leech instantly with acuities (at least I haven't read about it not being possible officially). In the Manifesto it says Vaal Pact explicitly.

Rory confirmed that it applies to Acuity as well. Instant leech will not work for ES anymore in any way.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

Rory confirmed that it applies to Acuity as well. Instant leech will not work for ES anymore in any way.

Could you please point me to the post he said this? I cant find it in his 'recent posts' profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/Rory/forum-posts
Even if Atziri's Acuity could allow Instant leech for ES!

1) problem goes for non-critical builds!
2) How you will play your build before you get this item?
3) From what i see Vaal Pact was made for Shadow/Ranger, as for Atziri's Acuity was made for other classes who doesn't want to spent to many passive nodes to get Vaal Pact!

GGG decrease ES pool, and cut of Vaal Pact for ES because ES builds had too big pool!
Doesn't it contradict?!
If he decrease ES pool to be more fairy equal to Life+Armor/Evasion build, why discriminate ON Vaal Pact?!

"
kuddman wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
I have 12 000 ES with all stuff buffed and I can barely play on the latest maps.

Just remember - if You angry the casters - your game will die, and it will become dead and forgotten.

Disregarding how cool is your game - it will die if you try anything against them.
There is none known case any negative action taken against the casters to went unpunished severely.

Nice point of view. You don't think there is a connection between most people playing caster/avoiding melee and the fact that they are op?

And you don't start doubting your playstyle if you, with 12k ES, can't do the maps but a player with 4k life can?

It's just one of my warnings. You can check my history of posts.
So far i have made considerable small amount of mistakes in my predictions.
Nowdays I am just writing short answers, and this is very short, because i am very angry of the Path, which Path of Exile start walking on.

My playstyle is fine. ( At least I am finding it fine ).
I am currently on 19 accounts, and about 40 high characters ( not sure how many tbh ( neither i care anymore ) ). The only thing which I am trying is to avoid another game which I love to turn into a c*ap. I've been playing RPGs since 1995 and I am really boored from all of this switching, jumping from one to another game which is about to die..

For me generally : IF YOU ARE NERFING SOMETHING TO BALANCE, THEN YOU LACK OF SUFFICIENT MENTAL RESOURCES TO DO ACTUAL BALANCE, OR YOU ARE JUST INCOMPETENT.

This is an axioma which so far is proven to be 100% in the cases.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
"
kuddman wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:

No there isnt, the connection is that a lot of people enjoy playing wizards and find melee boring. Pew pew pee lazer beams are fun.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info