Changes to the Labyrinth

"
Nishrek wrote:
"
MadAndrew wrote:
Making a lab runner character and running uber lab over and over made me realize it's really simple, not that bad a design and can be actually quite challenging and fun.

Have fun and play the content you like.
But do noy force it to other's people throats.
Plain and simple

Wat. You're playing a game with mechanics to get rewards. I freaking hate and will forever hate Act 2 yet I have to do it to continue in the game, lab is no different
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
(...) Act 2 yet I have to do it to continue in the game, lab is no different

Lab and A2 are not different? Sorry but you are wrong here.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
+1 for an option where we can do the Izaro fights without having to go through any lab area. Only the three encounters. Rewards would be the two ascendancy points, no treasure keys, no enchantment. This way the lab could remain unchanged for people who like it, but also would be avoidable for people who don't like it.
"
Dahaur wrote:
+1 for an option where we can do the Izaro fights without having to go through any lab area. Only the three encounters. Rewards would be the two ascendancy points, no treasure keys, no enchantment. This way the lab could remain unchanged for people who like it, but also would be avoidable for people who don't like it.

Dahaur thank you for voicing your opinion on the labyrinth that it could be improved further in future releases. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 907 names long. That includes 114 or 115 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 890 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Dahaur wrote:

Dahaur thank you for voicing your opinion on the labyrinth that it could be improved further in future releases. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 907 names long. That includes 114 or 115 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 890 posters in support

i prefer the current system however, a great reward behind a glass door. i think that these changes are more then sufficient to prevent the lab from being a drag. people had a point if you consider how in normal and cruel your character wouldn't be as geared compared to merciless, and could take up way to much time in order to obtain a crucial element for characters build and powerprogression. but the further into the game aspecially after aquiring beter gear and your first ascendancypoints this becomes less true. while characters get faster and more powerfull they can much easier hop skip jump from point A to B and increasing the length of the lab seems to be self-evident. cutting down earlier labs adresses this perfectly. if the complaint is simply that you have to do hard content in order to obtain a crucial element for your character any complains about the lab seem unfounded.

there is this game however called Diablo3, no effort required for any content and everything is given to you without having to use a single braincell.

dont get me wrong, nothing is perfect and improving any content in the game is Always a good thing, but wanting a free pass to skipp the line in order to get your quick powerup personaly seems like a cheap bailout.

i do want to propose an alternative. every first area after you enter the lab or fighting the boss could include a secret or puzzle that wil open a secret passage straight to izaro's next fight. leaving players options on how they want to approach their labrun.

lastly i do think the reward for exploring the lab more extensively is quite underwhelming, these silver keys are a waste of time. those silver chests should drop a key for the final loot imo. also the challanges allong the way feel just as unrewarding, upgrade these aswel and maybe increase their density and variation and people would probably mind doing labs allot less, since it wouldnt be just a road with 2 points at the end.
Let's put in balance everything is good and bad about POE.

Good: Everything, minus the concentrated cancer called labyrinth.
Bad: The lab.

Why is this piece of shit still in the game? Just give us another means to get the ascendancy points, and leave the lab to the cancer lovers.

EDIT:
May i add one more thing. There is reason behind removing the labyrinth as it is, and even if GGG does not listen to reason, they do want money. And people left, are leaving, and will leave the game not willing to deal with this shit, and that means less money for GGG. I don't buy any more MTX because i might not play this game anymore, for one single reason, i am tired to deal with this cancer called labyrinth.
Last edited by kakamakaszopjafaszt on Jun 30, 2017, 8:44:07 AM
Since D3 is being mentioned a lot in context of PoE, I'd like to turn your attention to WoW. Blizzard had 13 years and 10+ mil player base to figure it all out in regard to content difficulty tiers. They settled on:

LFR - easiest content, for children, elderly people and handicapped
Normal - general population, non-competitive, console, tunnel vision, button mashing type
Heroic - game as it was supposed to be played <-- current softcore lab is kinda here
Mythic - like uber lab on the worst day, but still softcore after all

GGG obviously could have an option to selectively turn it down a notch. But then again, LFR level is useless for ARPG since they will RIP a lot anyway. If you're WoW Normal tier, what's your problem with asking a friend to get a lab boost? Or can't you pay a measly 1-3c or better yet simply ask for it?

Really?
"
MadAndrew wrote:
Since D3 is being mentioned a lot in context of PoE, I'd like to turn your attention to WoW. Blizzard had 13 years and 10+ mil player base to figure it all out in regard to content difficulty tiers. They settled on:

LFR - easiest content, for children, elderly people and handicapped
Normal - general population, non-competitive, console, tunnel vision, button mashing type
Heroic - game as it was supposed to be played <-- current softcore lab is kinda here
Mythic - like uber lab on the worst day, but still softcore after all

GGG obviously could have an option to selectively turn it down a notch. But then again, LFR level is useless for ARPG since they will RIP a lot anyway. If you're WoW Normal tier, what's your problem with asking a friend to get a lab boost? Or can't you pay a measly 1-3c or better yet simply ask for it?

Really?
You're stuck on the assumption that it's about difficulty. That's a stereotype and a reductive, not particularly accurate portrayal of a host of reasons why lab is so widely disliked / hated.

There are plenty of players who are very good at lab but who absolutely hate it nonetheless. Even if some find the difficulty factor unpleasant, there are a lot of other reasons for disliking or hating lab beyond just difficulty.

Also, the idea of paying to avoid content justifies the inclusion of that content because ... why?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jun 30, 2017, 12:37:08 PM
"
There are plenty of players who are very good at lab but who absolutely hate it nonetheless. Even if some find the difficulty factor unpleasant, there are a lot of other reasons for disliking or hating lab beyond just difficulty.

I thought we were past the point that lab, being so divisive, has to be optional. It was mainly a suggestion to look further into difficulty tiers and explore the ways of making content, in general, more accessible to players of all skill sets since lab difficulty even if not being the only reason, is clearly a major contributing factor to all the hate.

"

Also, the idea of paying to avoid content justifies the inclusion of that content because ... why?

The idea of paying is to circumvent the need to face a challenge and get a major boost nevertheless. Some gamers nowadays just pathologically cannot overcome the adversity. In some way, lab is a perfect obstacle one just has to stomach.

I'd rather it was a part of a challenge or achievement of some kind. Or maybe let people dedicated enough get ascendancy points through lab as it is now, but as an alternative provide an option to get them automagically somewhat later in the game, like well beyond level 70.
Last edited by MadAndrew on Jun 30, 2017, 1:23:33 PM
"
Let's put in balance everything is good and bad about POE.

Good: Everything, minus the concentrated cancer called labyrinth.
Bad: The lab.

Why is this piece of shit still in the game? Just give us another means to get the ascendancy points, and leave the lab to the cancer lovers.

EDIT:
May i add one more thing. There is reason behind removing the labyrinth as it is, and even if GGG does not listen to reason, they do want money. And people left, are leaving, and will leave the game not willing to deal with this shit, and that means less money for GGG. I don't buy any more MTX because i might not play this game anymore, for one single reason, i am tired to deal with this cancer called labyrinth.

kakamakaszopjafaszt, thank you for voicing your opinion on the cancerous labyrinth that it could be improved further in future releases. I've added your name to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 908 names long. That includes 115 or 116 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 330 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 890 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info