Laybrinth alternatives

If you would put the same amount of energy into learning how to beat the lab
than in you guys put into your Anti Lab Campaign, you would´ve beaten lab long ago.
I look at it as this. Your character can´t beat lab ? Then it´s not worth to be played at all.

But at this point the discussion cannot bring forth anything fruitful or that hasn´t been said already.
If you really wanna know what´s up, you´d have to take a vote of all active POE players.
GGG would have to make a mandatory vote on the lab thing so that we get a real answer to the question
wether the majority likes lab, hates lab or is indifferent to it.

And even if we would get an answer to the question wether the playerbase likes lab or not,
it still isn´t our game. It wouldn´t make us entitled to get anything from GGG.
Ofc they want to please us, but techically and ultimately it is their choice.

I honestly think you guys are going WAY too hard for a bunch of guys who wanna take the easy way out.
Just pay a goddamn lab carry, and if you really can´t do that, then roll a fucking Juggernaut with
8+ Endurance Charges , put on two Kaom´s Way, and AFK IN TRAPS.

But you can´t be bothered to do that , can you ? That´s why i think you guys need to be shutdown.
You don´t deserve help, mercy or even advice. BUt you´ve gotten plenty.
I don´t understand this kind of attitude honestly. You basically took the bait when i said
"Git Gud", because i knew that was how you guys were gonna take it.

But there was so much more in my post. So much information , so many other statements that you could´ve chose to focus on. That´s why i think these kinds of discussions are futile.
WHen both parties completely believe that they are right, there is never a solution.

I am self aware enough to admit that i could be wrong. But honestly i don´t want you guys to
ascend. I don´t think you deserve it. It´s not that i feel superior.
It´s the fact that i sucked for a long time and died to lab , even just recently.
ANd i felt pain. And you are supposed to feel the same pain.
This is how I think the game is supposed to be. And why should my POV mean less than yours ?

I overcame that pain, the loss of my character, the time and the currency i put into it.
And i don´t want you guys to get off easy. But I also want you to you feel the good feeling i felt
when i beat lab for the first time by myself. I want you to experience that too, honestly.

So take your pick wether you want to view me as a dick, who´s enjoying his sense of superiority
or as a person who wants you to adapt and get better. I am both. I enjoy you failing and whining,
but i will respect and congratulate you if you get better and beat the shit yourself.

Out of this thread for good. o/
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on May 6, 2017, 6:54:01 PM
It's dead easy. Not difficult, just crap content gating in important part of the game.
I want more labs like each lab would give only 1 ascendancy point so we would have to do it 8 time

with 3.0.0 coming out it could be like 1 lab for each act.
I have to say I was able to come back from a 6 month haiatus on my weakling shadow bladefall trapper (nomazerunner), slap on a white bow with the bow teleport skill, and went through the labyrinth very easily for my first time ever making it through to the end without a crash.

My complaint has never been based on "it's too hard" whining. The entire concept of the labyrinth frustrates me on a fundamental level, with so many seeminly mindless oversights. It has a ton of potential, but it was hamstrung by certain design decisions that baffle me.

Even though it's easy, it's annoying and tedious and boring and frustrating... and not worth my time; not even for the ascendancy classes.

Edit 1: Secondary reason not to run it, even if it would benefit my builds greatly: I would be adding stats to GGG's records of players completing the labyrinth, even if I hate doing it, they might mark me as liking or tolerating it. I don't want that data misconstrued, so I forego ascendancy entirely.

Edit 2: Also, on the original topic, many alternatives presented retain the original labyrinth with all its current rewards including ascendancy, while providing an alternative means to attain the points... sometimes the alternatives even use parts of the labyrinth to keep the lore in tact... I get really sick of hearing these things bashed, because much thought has been put into some alternatives that take those unspoken rules into consideration.

(edit 3, referred to wrong character that I took through labyrinth - I play too many flame totem marauders these days, since they're more strategic play than most other builds I've come up with)
Last edited by Zaludoz on May 7, 2017, 8:15:09 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
I want more labs like each lab would give only 1 ascendancy point so we would have to do it 8 time

with 3.0.0 coming out it could be like 1 lab for each act.

I want that too, I want there to be plenty of reasons for everyone who loves the lab to do it over and over until their heart's content. I just want an alternative to lab so the rest of us who hate the lab can do something else.

People act like we can't have both. Like somehow if GGG doesn't force the lab haters to do it lab becomes less fun for the people that enjoy it. Your not losing market position by people not doing the lab your gaining it. The alternative doesn't have to be faster, not that anyone who loves the lab takes that long anyway.

Also to those that don't think lab haters don't deserve to ascend because lab is some great trial... I just had some dude carry me, I did absolutely no work other than not sit on rumbas. I certainly didn't do anything disserving of a reward. Yet bam ascended. I have done this with plenty of other characters too. I hated every minute of it though. Not just the time in lab but all the stupid ass trials to which only serve to remind me how much I hate lab. That shouldn't be a forced part of an otherwise great (in my opinion now the best arpg all time) game. I think it's wonderful GGG pushes the envelop of what an arpg is. In the end I'm glad they spent all that time and effort on something different. Just don't force people who love the rest of the game to take it up the *** four times every character.

"
If you really wanna know what´s up, you´d have to take a vote of all active POE players.
GGG would have to make a mandatory vote on the lab thing so that we get a real answer to the question
wether the majority likes lab, hates lab or is indifferent to it.

And even if we would get an answer to the question wether the playerbase likes lab or not,
it still isn´t our game. It wouldn´t make us entitled to get anything from GGG.
Ofc they want to please us, but techically and ultimately it is their choice.

It doesn't matter if the majority doesn't like that lab or not. Even if it's 75%/25% your still pissing on 25% of your customer base for no reason. An alternative would make the 25% (or whatever percentage of people it is that hate the lab) happy, while the 75% remains happy because they can still run the lab. And if someone is on the fence about the lab well they are happy too. Yes it is GGG's choice that is why you see so many of these lab posts trying to sway their choice. We aren't here just to start an argument with lab lovers, or to whine about how hard it is. We want to help GGG make the game better for everyone.

There shouldn't be an alternative, it's litteraly the biggest reward from any quest. The alternative if one must be should be something like beating the shaper nothing less.
"
diablofdb wrote:
There shouldn't be an alternative, it's litteraly the biggest reward from any quest. The alternative if one must be should be something like beating the shaper nothing less.

Why?

Also has anyone actually beat shaper with 0 ascendancies?

Prior to lab the biggest reward from any quest was probably the bandit rewards. Are you comparing the difficulty of normal lab, or any of the bandit fights to shaper?

i haven't done any lab on my warchief charachter in legacy league. not even normal mode lab. lvl 75 and going quite alright.

it's certainly possible to play the game without doing lab.

i actually like the labyrinth though (when i don't disconnect in the middle of it then it's back to banging head against the wall and taking a long labyrinth break haha) so i will do it some day before the league ends.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 7, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
i haven't done any lab on my warchief charachter in legacy league. not even normal mode lab. lvl 75 and going quite alright.

it's certainly possible to play the game without doing lab.

i actually like the labyrinth though (when i don't disconnect in the middle of it then it's back to banging head against the wall and taking a long labyrinth break haha) so i will do it some day before the league ends.

If we ignore Izaro and enchants, (that's 2 things)

there are two items in labyrinth that are generally disliked, trap gauntlet style game play and that there's no way-points/portals in labyrinth. (that's 4 things)

That is over simplified a bit though because game stability complaints and control complaints in traps and visibility complaints are also pretty common. (that's 7 things)

I guess I'm forgetting a bunch of other things that have been fixed from the original release or not like screwed up damage to ES, people getting tired of having to do the boring trials so many times, the lab being too long, etc. etc. (that's too many things)

I guess I'm saying that are too many things to dislike in Labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
"
diablofdb wrote:

Why?

Also has anyone actually beat shaper with 0 ascendancies?

Prior to lab the biggest reward from any quest was probably the bandit rewards. Are you comparing the difficulty of normal lab, or any of the bandit fights to shaper?

let me ask you this then why the biggest quest reward of the entire game shouldn't be gated behind a slightly hard quest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info