[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

Hey Demi! First of all, thanks for posting this build and for all of the information you provided.

I was wondering if you might be able to take a look at my build and let me know where I've gone wrong. I was using a blade flurry guide until I found this build and decided to respec, get some new gear, and try this build since I kind of reached a wall with Blade Flurry.

I've respec'd and tried to follow your tree pretty closely and got what i thought would be some decent gear. Before, with Blade Flurry, I beat Shaper and as doing tier 16 maps no problem. Now I am dying quite frequently and I cant seem to figure out why. If you could let me know if you see any glaring problems with my build or something I missed I would greatly appreciate it.
IGN: SirNuttButter
IGN: GonnaSyphaHerpilAids
After a few days of testing and tweaking, even with the below gear, I cant seem to match the survivability of Demi's build. I believe some of Demi's gear can no longer be obtained in 3.6 causing this build to really take a hit on DPS and because this is a leech build that also effects the overall survivability. I'm at lvl 93 now and feel like I can go no further. I might re-spec back to Blade Flurry as I wasnt dying as frequently with that build but I believe I cant go any further in 3.6 with this build.

My Gear
Spoiler
"
After a few days of testing and tweaking, even with the below gear, I cant seem to match the survivability of Demi's build. I believe some of Demi's gear can no longer be obtained in 3.6 causing this build to really take a hit on DPS and because this is a leech build that also effects the overall survivability. I'm at lvl 93 now and feel like I can go no further. I might re-spec back to Blade Flurry as I wasnt dying as frequently with that build but I believe I cant go any further in 3.6 with this build.

My Gear
Spoiler

still using carnage heart with that level of gear? no elder leather belt for leech rate, no amulet leech rate? y u like this. i think my main legacy items are belt/flasks/helmet but that doesn't make or break the build lol. its just a non-crit slayer with decent dps. can't one shot uber elder on that no matter the currency dumped in
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"

still using carnage heart with that level of gear? no elder leather belt for leech rate, no amulet leech rate? y u like this. i think my main legacy items are belt/flasks/helmet but that doesn't make or break the build lol. its just a non-crit slayer with decent dps. can't one shot uber elder on that no matter the currency dumped in

That's part of the issue, I think your amulet is legacy as well... no amulet on poe.trade has the Chaos damage, fire damage, and leech rate. Not to mention the minimum frenzy charge. In fact there is only ONE amulet with just the chaos damage and leech recovery.

I did'nt see a Leather belt with leech in your build but I may have just missed that. Regardless, the belt I have should provide enough DPS increase to mitigate that.

I'm not saying I should be able to one-shot uber elder but instead I'm saying I have noticed that survivability has become an issue at lvl 93 against just tier 15 maps / delving / the Memory Nexus. I seemingly get one-shot quite frequently and cant match even remotely close to the DPS you show even with a decent investment into gear.

I appreciate your response. I am not trying to say this build is broke just that it may not be the best to explore end-game content with in 3.6 withour expecting to die quite a bit.
"
"

That's part of the issue, I think your amulet is legacy as well... no amulet on poe.trade has the Chaos damage, fire damage, and leech rate. Not to mention the minimum frenzy charge. In fact there is only ONE amulet with just the chaos damage and leech recovery.

I did'nt see a Leather belt with leech in your build but I may have just missed that. Regardless, the belt I have should provide enough DPS increase to mitigate that.

I'm not saying I should be able to one-shot uber elder but instead I'm saying I have noticed that survivability has become an issue at lvl 93 against just tier 15 maps / delving / the Memory Nexus. I seemingly get one-shot quite frequently and cant match even remotely close to the DPS you show even with a decent investment into gear.

I appreciate your response. I am not trying to say this build is broke just that it may not be the best to explore end-game content with in 3.6 withour expecting to die quite a bit.

not legacy, just a bitch to craft lol. all mods are still available and frenzy is just a veiled mod craft.

the belt slot is life recovery rate, its a more multiplier to how fast we leech.

hard to say whats killing you, could be chaos damage, could be rippy maps, could just be a lack of life on gear/jewels. i have slightly over 8k life with life on every jewel and high life on every gear piece but most people have 5-7k. depends on how good you are at positioning as well, i tend to play lacerate as more of a ranged char then pure melee.
"

not legacy, just a bitch to craft lol. all mods are still available and frenzy is just a veiled mod craft.

the belt slot is life recovery rate, its a more multiplier to how fast we leech.

hard to say whats killing you, could be chaos damage, could be rippy maps, could just be a lack of life on gear/jewels. i have slightly over 8k life with life on every jewel and high life on every gear piece but most people have 5-7k. depends on how good you are at positioning as well, i tend to play lacerate as more of a ranged char then pure melee.

Fair enough, I might just have to look into trying to craft one when I re-cop some currency.

I might try and find a new belt then aswell... DPS doesn't necessarily seen to be the issue at the moment so maybe a new belt with more life and some life recovery rate might prevent some of the deaths I seem to be experiencing,
Posting my experience with the guide:

playing Ice Crash as main DPS skill, synthesis league

Weapons
Spoiler
Atziri's disfavour is enough for late game (30% qual with beastcraft), currently crafting fractured vaalaxe 27% attack speed

Gear
Spoiler
Here's my current stuff, life is priority, capped res too. Need some leech recovery rate on belt/amulet now.

Flasks
Spoiler
Pots: at some point, i replaced life pot with basalt of heat, for anti freeze.

Passive tree jewels are all 7% maximum life, + 2 mods ( attack speed, damage)
Builds is pretty strong, done almost all content, died few times.
Thanks demi for the build !
Hello there. Very nice guide. Total neophyte here trying to figure out my first build. Can this be adapted to marauder? How would you go about it?
Thanks in advance.
can this build work with cleave? i always loved cleave but there no up to date guide anymore. with legion, im pretty sure cleave will get a decent rework to make it better and if it end up not that good, i can always choose lacerate, new cyclone or many more skill wich is a good thing.still a good build for legion?

"
zakariusqc wrote:
can this build work with cleave? i always loved cleave but there no up to date guide anymore. with legion, im pretty sure cleave will get a decent rework to make it better and if it end up not that good, i can always choose lacerate, new cyclone or many more skill wich is a good thing.still a good build for legion?

the path of building pastebin has gem links for all melee skills, including cleave :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info