[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

The latest changes in the guide say Herald of Purity + Banner and to give up blood magic, but my in-game tooltip dps says that Hatred gives higher dps than Herald of Purity, so why not use Hatred?

Also how do you sustain mana if you give up blood magic? Just use a mana flask?
Is cwdt + warlord's mark enough to leech mana?
"
Arobee wrote:
Suppose you don't want to lose Blood Magic because mana management sucks. What gem would best replace Damage on Full Life Support? I'm brain farting SUPER hard

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_2.6.0
"Full life condition can now be met if the recovery is greater than the damage over time."
TLDR: This means Blood Rage doesn't murder the gem's usefulness.
Hello,
Can someone check my build tree and tell me if it looks workable?

www.poeurl.com/cbfB

this is Lacerate with life leech and a bit of bleed nodes (sword build)
Things im questioning myself are:
Not picking up vaal pact so i can benefit 5%+ life regen
not picking up resolute technique, just because i was spitballing ideas and thats how the tree turned out, Can still reroute and such..

i added the jewel sockets after reaching around 90 points, which is usually around the levels i get my chars at 90-95

Any thoughts?
Sorry for the double but i need to know if bloodlust linked with lacerate will remove the bleeding from the skill lacerate but would still proc from the melee phys dmg and the chance to bleed from the tree, or does that count as Lacerate hits and they will not be able to bleed due to bloodlust support?

Has anybody thought about using Dread Banner instead of War Banner for this build?
I've used War Banner to level up all the way to Epilogue but after reading that a 20% chance to Impale is the same as an average of 10% more damage, now I think Dread Banner might be the better choice for this build, both offensively and defensively. Below is my reasoning and I would like to know whether I missed something.

At skill lvl 20, WB grants 11% more damage(passive)/16.5% more damage(on max charge use).
At skill lvl 20, DB's impale effect is 19% increased. I guess this means the 'recorded impale damage' becomes 11.9%(up from 10%) of the original hit, hence averaging a 11.9% more damage(20% chance to impale * impale lasts 5 hits).
If this is true then DB grants 11.9% mroe damage(passive)/17.85% more damage(on max charge use), making it a better offensive choice.

Next, WB's accuracy buff is pointless for our build whereas DB's evasion bonus(debuffs mobs accuracy) helps our survivability. I don't know how much it helps, not familiar with the accuracy-evasion department and only been using WB so far. Can someone give me a rough estimation of how much damage mitigation that is?

Lastly, you also have to consider how difficult it is to charge WB during boss fights. Yes, you can charge to max before a boss fight and you should, but if you somehow need another charged usage(boss fights that change locations, multi-phase fights that take long etc) then it is highly unlikely that you get a high charged WB. Just not enough mob spawns.
Whereas in DB, you just need to keep swinging at the boss(20% chance per hit) and since we are using a Multi-striking Lacerate, we swing a lot in a short period of time.

Anyway love the build and looking forward for more updates on it!
Last edited by roekroro on Dec 9, 2018, 7:00:54 AM
Random thought. With the new buffs to Carcass Jack, you could run it and Concentrated Effect instead of Damage on Full Life if you still want to run Blood Magic while using War Banner. You'll miss out on some life and a little all res, but not enough to cripple you or anything, and it would be great damage without knocking down your area of effect. Might be more of a softcore option, I'm not sure, I don't play hardcore because I rage too hard when I lose a character lol.
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
The latest changes in the guide say Herald of Purity + Banner and to give up blood magic, but my in-game tooltip dps says that Hatred gives higher dps than Herald of Purity, so why not use Hatred?

He use Starforge in his build so only melee damage, hatred is cold damage so elemental damage
"
criims wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:

He use Starforge in his build so only melee damage, hatred is cold damage so elemental damage

starforge is pure phys/chaos yea. if you're using a non-starforge weapon, hatred is p good.

just take the .4% attack damage leeched as mana/life node by vitality void. should be enough
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Why not brutality gem, instead dmg on full life or other gem?
Any tips for someone using cleave ? Maybe some tree points I should/shouldn't take ?

Awesome build btw, the best I've played so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info