Is there a way to make game harder?

"
FCK42 wrote:
The game is easy? Say that again once you finished that bullet hell of a bossfight that malachai offers. In merciless. Without dying. On your first try.

Daresso. Fuck that guy.
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
The game is easy? Say that again once you finished that bullet hell of a bossfight that malachai offers. In merciless. Without dying. On your first try.

Daresso. Fuck that guy.

Izaro, full charges, 3 essences. Nuff said.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Come on, back in the day you ran into Hailrake and were all "WTF, why is this so hard so soon?" Why is the Medicine Chest being held onto by this demi-god?

Nowadays, Dominus and Malachai are the difficulty checks - I always found them hard in Normal as you were fleshing out builds, easy in Cruel because you were finally starting to mold your character. Merciless bosses were all about death runs, particularly Malachai, but now that I've learned the game and builds I usually one shot him.

But I can see new players really hating Dominus and Malachai. That's why you still see chat requests to help kill them at all difficulty levels.

Anyway, to your point - not getting to the end of Act III Normal is not a judgement of the difficulty of the game in any sense.
Well, i am on second act of Cruel difficulty, and game still way to easy. For the WHOLE game so far i just died ONCE, on normal labyrinth final boss. And even then i was just (as usual) playing way too relaxing, and didn't expect anything tough. On second try labyrinth was done, with just tiny bit more effort were put into final boss fight. Every other bosses on normal difficulty was just a joke (including final boss), same as first two bosses on cruel difficulty.

If its how its intended to be, that developers consider it should be THAT easy at THAT point.... I dunno, its over 50 hours of first playthrough. And i am already on second playthrough. Its far-far-far-far beyond the point where it could be considered as a "tutorial".

And again, i can't claim that game is that easy overall on normal difficulty. I still completed normal difficulty only with witch/necromancer, so can't compare difficulty curve for other classes. But even if its THAT easy just for her. Well that still a problem, meaning that summoner build is too OP. Or at least too OP on normal difficulty that is.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Come on, back in the day you ran into Hailrake and were all "WTF, why is this so hard so soon?" Why is the Medicine Chest being held onto by this demi-god?

I just barely can remember trying PoE back in 2013, but yes, i do remember its felt way more tough than what it now. And back then i was just barely touched act-2.
Tbh, i would prefer game tougher than what its now. Maybe not as tough as it used to be, but certainly not as easy as its now. It feels like devs made normal difficulty 5 times easier, where it could be something slight like 20% overall difficulty nerf.
I'm confused!
Don't those that prefer a more difficult game only play the HC version?
And those that want more than that with PoE play HC SSF?

Why would we even bother discussing difficulty and SC together; SC is always the easy version of every game. One easy aspect of PoE verse other games is that you can still play your HC characters in SC after their first death, which is a nice option, yet I expect most of us just delete them anyway.

"
Redwyrm wrote:
Well, i am on second act of Cruel difficulty, and game still way to easy. For the WHOLE game so far i just died ONCE, on normal labyrinth final boss. And even then i was just (as usual) playing way too relaxing, and didn't expect anything tough. On second try labyrinth was done, with just tiny bit more effort were put into final boss fight. Every other bosses on normal difficulty was just a joke (including final boss), same as first two bosses on cruel difficulty.

If its how its intended to be, that developers consider it should be THAT easy at THAT point.... I dunno, its over 50 hours of first playthrough. And i am already on second playthrough. Its far-far-far-far beyond the point where it could be considered as a "tutorial".

And again, i can't claim that game is that easy overall on normal difficulty. I still completed normal difficulty only with witch/necromancer, so can't compare difficulty curve for other classes. But even if its THAT easy just for her. Well that still a problem, meaning that summoner build is too OP. Or at least too OP on normal difficulty that is.

50 hours is an extremely long time to be where you are in the progression. The process of leveling from 1-70, and going from normal act 1 to merciless act 4 takes 8ish hours for a lot of experienced players at league reset. Speed runners and experienced racers do it in significantly less. I would wager a guess that you are probably over-leveled for the content you are in.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

50 hours is an extremely long time to be where you are in the progression. The process of leveling from 1-70, and going from normal act 1 to merciless act 4 takes 8ish hours for a lot of experienced players at league reset. Speed runners and experienced racers do it in significantly less. I would wager a guess that you are probably over-leveled for the content you are in.

I don't like rushing through game. And i already mentioned it. If over leveling is an issue - then its also need to be adjusted. Saying just: "hey, you are over leveled, so you doing its all wrong!" ...nope. If game allow you overlevel that easily and that much, and if game felt so easy because of it - then that where adjustment need to be made. Game should penalize on experience gaining way more when you much higher level than what you should, to the point where you eventualy stop gaining experience at all if you are... lets say 3 to 4 level higher than zone level. And i am fine if game still will be easier for me if i outlevel current zone level by 4, compare to those who trying perhaps dong same zone even on lower level than zone level. But not to the point where i put completely no effort at all to go through zone... and never dying... and even my minion are almost never dying o_O
Although right now i am outleveling current zone in Cruel by 6 levels. So it not like i am 10+ level highers than zone level. And its still way too easy.

Funny part why i started to play another shadow character. I'v returned to PoE exactly because there was finally a chance for me to play it with friend. And though he doesn't play for lots of hours per day (pretty much the reason why i soloed my necromancer), its still nice to play it with someone (someone i know) in co-op.
But initially game felt like a total crap for both of us, when we started first our character, and me picking which. And for him even worse. Not only for me its was as easy as usual, with zombies slaughtering everything in sight. He literally count do anything at all. Everything he tried to kill - zombies were killing it faster. So in order not to ruin gameplay for him completely, i had to start another character. Right now playing with him duo shadow and templar... well, still quite easy, but at least not completely crap experience as it was with witch and templar.
Last edited by Redwyrm on May 5, 2017, 11:57:39 PM
"
HoustonNative wrote:
I'm confused!
Don't those that prefer a more difficult game only play the HC version?
And those that want more than that with PoE play HC SSF?

Why would we even bother discussing difficulty and SC together; SC is always the easy version of every game. One easy aspect of PoE verse other games is that you can still play your HC characters in SC after their first death, which is a nice option, yet I expect most of us just delete them anyway.

HC isn't anymore difficult than SC. The penalties for dying are just different.
"
Redwyrm wrote:
If over leveling is an issue - then its also need to be adjusted.

But it is.

You're paying a brutal price for your comfortable, easy experience: Time spent and getting nothing for it. No farm, no levels, no progression.

You spent 50 hours and still only overlevel a cruel zone by 6 levels?
Within 50 hours, I am level 90+ and playing high tier maps, getting high tier drops.
I am already done with the character and can start a new one.

Good players rush maps in <6 hours. On hardcore, with no gear in the inventory.
And that is certainly not easy.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on May 6, 2017, 3:20:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info