Is there a way to make game harder?

My main currently is witch summoner, and in second act everything is even easier than it was in first act. So far i haven't a single encounter that really was troubling, and where i could possibly die.

I'v tried playing with my friend, using another witch-summoner, and i seems even worse. Nor only i'v notice any difficulty increase with party grow, but my friend hardly can do anything in game at all. All my minions kill everything faster that he can deliver even a single blow.

At first i though, maybe its just witch-summoner so badly balanced and thus extremely easy to play, so i'v started another Shadow character. And its still super easy. Well yeah, without minions protection mobs actually sometimes hitting me, and bosses even force me to use health potions (although still no risk of dying in fight), but yet single usage of Frost Blade skill usually oneshot entire group of mobs, with rare exception where it requires 2 to 3 shots to finish whole group.

Maybe i am missing something? Like game by default set on extremely-super-mega-easy mode? If so how do switch it to something more properly challenging?
Last edited by Redwyrm on Apr 27, 2017, 6:07:59 PM
Last bumped on May 6, 2017, 4:03:08 AM
"
Redwyrm wrote:
Maybe i am missing something? Like game by default set on extremely-super-mega-easy mode? If so how do switch it to something more properly challenging?

By levelling up?

According to your profile your highest level character is 24. There's not going to be a bunch of endgame bosses available at that level. The low level experience is largely a tutorial for players not too familiar ARPGs so they have a good chance of doing okay later in the game.

In your post you said:

"
Redwyrm wrote:
At first i though, maybe its just witch-summoner so badly balanced and thus extremely easy to play, so i'v started another Shadow character. And its still super easy.

If you don't like easy content, going back to level one zones is a curious decision.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"

It gets harder sooner or later:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 27, 2017, 6:32:59 PM
1. For veterans, the game mainly starts, when you get to maps. Thats around level 68-70 or something. Individual case. I know some people who played through normal and thought they finished, but like Sarno said: it is more a tutorial. If its easy? Awesome, go fast and get to maps and endgame as fast as possible. But then still, trashmonster are trash in actual meta and more one shots then challenging.

2. Play Hardcore = kind of more challenging. :P
"
Redwyrm wrote:
bosses even force me to use health potions

How dare they? :D

You're playing in Act 2 Normal Difficulty, nothing really challenging there... but don't you worry, the going will get a lot tougher soon enough. just hang in there. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Apr 27, 2017, 7:11:45 PM
The game is easy? Say that again once you finished that bullet hell of a bossfight that malachai offers. In merciless. Without dying. On your first try.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Redwyrm wrote:

You're playing in Act 2 Normal Difficulty, nothing really challenging there... but don't you worry, the going will get a lot tougher soon enough. just hang in there. ;)

Well, i hope so, for now game feels way too easy for way too long. Oh and yeah, not a fan of rushing through content, i like exploring and doing every single quest available.
"
Redwyrm wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
"
Redwyrm wrote:

Well, i hope so, for now game feels way too easy for way too long. Oh and yeah, not a fan of rushing through content, i like exploring and doing every single quest available.

This game is designed for the long haul. You're still basically in tutorial mode. Keep going and it'll get challenging.
- here's my sig
>Is there a way to make game harder?
Use only white items and don't roll them with socket-changing orbs :D
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Redwyrm wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
"
Redwyrm wrote:

I wouldn't rush the first playthrough. Take your time and don't forget to talk the npc's!

The difficulty of the game will ramp up. For most players that is around act 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info