[3.7] - "Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief (Cheap, Simple, League Starter)

I could not import the build into PoB (1.4.74). Could you be so nice and check, what was wrong with the compability of your url with the newest version. Still, the most propable reason - my noobish lack of knowledge (:))
"
zacek999 wrote:
I could not import the build into PoB (1.4.74). Could you be so nice and check, what was wrong with the compability of your url with the newest version. Still, the most propable reason - my noobish lack of knowledge (:))

Working fine for me, you should try it again (copying the pastebin url is enough)
"
spluhvag wrote:
Couple questions.

What makes Iron reflexes good?
Are you supposed to get evasion base pieces?

Last, for end game stuff like guardians/shaper/uatziri is facebreaker setup better than a good 2h or maybe dual-weilding 1h big phys dmg + 1h shaped wpn stat stick (grants % phys as ele dmg)?

(can only answer to that :D)

Iron reflexes will give you INSANE amount of physical mitigation, evasion is good until you stop being lucky and die.
Evasion with iron reflexes scales really well in terms of armour gain, you should try to play a bit with path of building see what piece will give you the more mitigation.

Imo you could play with some big 2h physical weapons, but those are so expensive and considering how cheap this build is supposed to be, better invest that amount of money in the items of the original warchief build imo.
No idea about dual-weilding though, personnally never tried to theorycraft that, i assume other builds might do better with those weapons? (still totem though)
"
tirrorex wrote:
"
spluhvag wrote:
Couple questions.

What makes Iron reflexes good?
Are you supposed to get evasion base pieces?

Last, for end game stuff like guardians/shaper/uatziri is facebreaker setup better than a good 2h or maybe dual-weilding 1h big phys dmg + 1h shaped wpn stat stick (grants % phys as ele dmg)?

(can only answer to that :D)

Iron reflexes will give you INSANE amount of physical mitigation, evasion is good until you stop being lucky and die.
Evasion with iron reflexes scales really well in terms of armour gain, you should try to play a bit with path of building see what piece will give you the more mitigation.

Imo you could play with some big 2h physical weapons, but those are so expensive and considering how cheap this build is supposed to be, better invest that amount of money in the items of the original warchief build imo.
No idea about dual-weilding though, personnally never tried to theorycraft that, i assume other builds might do better with those weapons? (still totem though)

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions!
The slack link is slacking off. Also, can you give an ascendancy order?
No changes for 3.2! Just lots of Rage!
"

How can you say there is no changes? 10% degen alone is a BIG change, and thats not factored on PoB yet! On top of this big drawback, we lost 6% reduced dmg taken from the old Rite of Ruin. So we take 6% more damage and degen 10% of life per second which cant be mitigated... Thats quite a big survivability change, if you ask me...

On top of that, on your guide you still have Witchfire´s (no longer works for us) and your tree is ineficient by at least one point, at first glance (if you connect Cloth and Chain from the lower side, you save one point).

*Edited for clarification.
Last edited by Capt_Mifune on Mar 1, 2018, 4:19:11 AM
"
Capt_Mifune wrote:
"

How can you say there is no changes? 10% degen alone is a BIG change, and thats not factored on PoB yet! On top of this big drawback, we lost 6% reduced dmg taken from the old Rite of Ruin. So we take 6% more damage and degen 10% of life per second which cant be mitigated... Thats quite a big survivability change, if you ask me...

On top of that, on your guide you still have Witchfire´s (no longer works for us) and your tree is ineficient by at least one point, at first glance (if you connect Cloth and Chain from the lower side, you save one point).

Sure, fair points.

It's been a while since I played this... not since 2.6. It's hard to keep a guide up to date when you don't play the build.

Let me look into updating it more thoroughly for the new changes... though I suspect it might require a pretty heavy rework of the tree, maybe turning this into something else besides zerker makes more sense now.

EDIT: Here, how does this look to you?

https://pastebin.com/54ma9zT9

Jugg version ;)
Last edited by corosou on Mar 1, 2018, 5:46:37 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Capt_Mifune wrote:
"

Sure, fair points.

It's been a while since I played this... not since 2.6. It's hard to keep a guide up to date when you don't play the build.

Let me look into updating it more thoroughly for the new changes... though I suspect it might require a pretty heavy rework of the tree, maybe turning this into something else besides zerker makes more sense now.

EDIT: Here, how does this look to you?

https://pastebin.com/54ma9zT9

Jugg version ;)

Hei man, i was just making an observation, if you stopped playing its normal that you dont update the build, its not like it is your job/responsability. Anyways, thx for the concept idea, i came for inspiration and to adapt the build into something of my own, and it helped a lot! Cheers!

*P.S.: And if people are looking for a different ascendency, Chieftain looks pretty sexy, with lots of both survivability and damage.
"
Capt_Mifune wrote:

Hei man, i was just making an observation, if you stopped playing its normal that you dont update the build, its not like it is your job/responsability. Anyways, thx for the concept idea, i came for inspiration and to adapt the build into something of my own, and it helped a lot! Cheers!

*P.S.: And if people are looking for a different ascendency, Chieftain looks pretty sexy, with lots of both survivability and damage.

Thanks for being understanding. Strangely enough, I can't help but feel a bit responsible, plus it's not like there's anything else to do. So, let's just say you got lucky you caught me before 3.2 started, else I might not have gotten around putting this Jugg variant together ;)

Either way, it was nice to re-familiarize myself with the build for a bit. After all, this guide is how I got into build guides to begin with.

I'll take a look at Chieftain. Sadly zerker is as you surmised appears to be the worst option now.

Share what you do with the build please. It helps to hear from those actually playing it.

If you haven't seen my other guide, I mostly work on that one now, since it's what I actually play:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1893324

GL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info