3.lake

Should 3.0 give us a new dried lake or should that be handled with low tier mapping parties?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017, 6:27:22 AM
There will always be a "Dried Lake". It was docks for a while. It was even Ledge once. There will always be the most popular spot to re-run. That's not a function of the game, but a function of the players. And we're not getting an upgrade.
No doubt act 10 will have such an area.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There will always be a "Dried Lake". It was docks for a while. It was even Ledge once. There will always be the most popular spot to re-run. That's not a function of the game, but a function of the players. And we're not getting an upgrade.

pretty much this, there will always be a spot that the heard sort of deems the best pre-map grind location
I dont see any any key!
Make the beach map the new dried lake.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

Can't be. The appeal of dried lake is that there's no associated cost. You might not think a beach map is a cost, but you would if you started the whole herd running them.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It was...
- Fellshrine (pre-Vaal Oversoul/CB)
- Maelstrom of Chaos (pre-maps, post-Vaal Oversoul)
- Fellshrine (pre-A3/OB, post-maps)
- Docks (pre-A3.x)
- Docks (pre-A4)
- Dried Lake (post-A4 until now)

I hope that GGG doesn't plan an area as a designated farming zone. It'll happen naturally -- they should focus on making all the areas beautiful and dripping in lore.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Can't be. The appeal of dried lake is that there's no associated cost. You might not think a beach map is a cost, but you would if you started the whole herd running them.

No, i mean use the beach tileset where ever the new dried lake location is.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It was...
- Fellshrine (pre-Vaal Oversoul/CB)
- Maelstrom of Chaos (pre-maps, post-Vaal Oversoul)
- Fellshrine (pre-A3/OB, post-maps)
- Docks (pre-A3.x)
- Docks (pre-A4)
- Dried Lake (post-A4 until now)

I hope that GGG doesn't plan an area as a designated farming zone. It'll happen naturally -- they should focus on making all the areas beautiful and dripping in lore.

I remember city of sarn being a spot aswell.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

No, i mean use the beach tileset where ever the new dried lake location is.

The new /dried lake/ will be wherever players choose it to be.
They never designed dried lake with the idea that it would be used for farming. Same goes for docks and old places like ledge e.t.c.

Considering the massive rework and a whole bunch of new areas we will get, i wouldn't be surprised if we might actually get more than one zone that we will end up adopting as the go-to zone for premap leveling/farming.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info