Are people using reply micros or those are bots

In legacy league I start to notice, when you trying to buy something and send the copied message from poe trade to that account, sometimes the reply can be some pre-written sentence like "your xxx (xxx chaos) is ready to be pick up in my hideout" and when you finish trading, instead of the normal "ty gl", they send a very formal sentence with same content. A normal person don't do that

If just one is like that is not really strange but I have found multiple account doing the same thing even using the same sentences, are they bots? should I report?
Last edited by TravisL on Apr 24, 2017, 7:01:07 AM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2017, 12:12:35 AM
No. It's not a bot and it's fine to use it :)
We should have a sticky for most common questions and stuff people post.

Like scamming/macros and simmilar. But I doubt it would work as people are lazy to even search forums.
Spreading salt since 2006
There's a nifty feature where you can assign a sentence to a key combination using a script, personally I'd prefer to get a "ty for trading have a nice day" instead of no "thank you" at all.
Second-class poe gamer
Its an addon called POE trades companion. Its legal and only reads chat and allows for reply macros.

So many people ask me if im a bot....Ive probably been reported a million fucking times already...

Its so sad the level of ignorance that exists and the negative knee jerk reactions caused by this
"horrible trade system that relys on 3rd party tools to be used efficiently
Last edited by minezeye on Apr 24, 2017, 7:40:48 AM
"
TravisL wrote:
In legacy league I start to notice, when you trying to buy something and send the copied message from poe trade to that account, sometimes the reply can be some pre-written sentence like "your xxx (xxx chaos) is ready to be pick up in my hideout" and when you finish trading, instead of the normal "ty gl", they send a very formal sentence with same content. A normal person don't do that

If just one is like that is not really strange but I have found multiple account doing the same thing even using the same sentences, are they bots? should I report?

If you are buying items like rares or uniques it is most likely legit just macros. If you are doing currency type trades they are more than likely bots.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
both, there are 100% people using bots to trade but a lot of the time you are just seeing people use 3rd party programs to trade
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
"
minezeye wrote:
Its an addon called POE trades companion. Its legal and only reads chat and allows for reply macros.

So many people ask me if im a bot....Ive probably been reported a million fucking times already...

Its so sad the level of ignorance that exists and the negative knee jerk reactions caused by this
"horrible trade system that relys on 3rd party tools to be used efficiently

EZ, mate

It could be me being absent with POE community, but I only heard of several third party softwares being "officially clarified" by GGG, AHK/filtration/offline skill tree planner and so on, if GGG did say this one is OK also (I doubt it), then fine, but even that doesn't mean people thinking dat's a bot ignorant, it's you decide to use sentences never said by casual player. In a casual environment if heard a very formal expression for a simple phrase, what would people normally think? that guy is a psychopath.

"reads chat and auto reply", that sound unethical to me at least, how lazy. key-bind isn't enough huh
Last edited by TravisL on Apr 25, 2017, 8:04:32 AM
If it's a currency trade put the wrong currency in but the correct amount previously agreed upon. IE 1 ex vs 100C put 100 alts up for trade and see if it auto accepts it.

If they start to yell at you it's an actual person.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
If it's a currency trade put the wrong currency in but the correct amount previously agreed upon. IE 1 ex vs 100C put 100 alts up for trade and see if it auto accepts it.

If they start to yell at you it's an actual person.

This is only going to give people a bad name because someone will get butt-hurt and say you tried to scam them, then they will come smear your name on the forums, Reddit and other places around the internet.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info