Are people using reply micros or those are bots

"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
If it's a currency trade put the wrong currency in but the correct amount previously agreed upon. IE 1 ex vs 100C put 100 alts up for trade and see if it auto accepts it.

If they start to yell at you it's an actual person.

This is only going to give people a bad name because someone will get butt-hurt and say you tried to scam them, then they will come smear your name on the forums, Reddit and other places around the internet.

You'd have to try really hard to get that many people against you. And I always trade properly after they say something. But I feel no remorse when someone's bot screws up and gives me a great deal since they are cheating to get an advantage in the first place.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
If it's a currency trade put the wrong currency in but the correct amount previously agreed upon. IE 1 ex vs 100C put 100 alts up for trade and see if it auto accepts it.

This is only going to give people a bad name because someone will get butt-hurt and say you tried to scam them, then they will come smear your name on the forums, Reddit and other places around the internet.

You'd have to try really hard to get that many people against you. And I always trade properly after they say something. But I feel no remorse when someone's bot screws up and gives me a great deal since they are cheating to get an advantage in the first place.

Fair enough but I'd rather not potentially piss off someone that is hooking me up with a sweet deal.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Well they Arnt meaning to give you a sweet deal. Most trade bots can only read the amount of something and not the type. So it can't tell the difference between one alteration in the trade box and 1 exalt.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Well they Arnt meaning to give you a sweet deal. Most trade bots can only read the amount of something and not the type. So it can't tell the difference between one alteration in the trade box and 1 exalt.

And how often do you run into trade bots instead of irritating someone by purposely posting the wrong shit?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Most of the time it is just macro replies, they are really useful and make trading a bit less tedious.

I use these currently:

F5 "Sure"
F6 Invites the last player to whisper me to my party
F7 "Thanks stay safe"
F8 "One moment please"

"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:

Trust me, there is not a single player (other than streamers) about whom anyone would be bothered to go on a which hunt given the right circumstance.

Also, if you whisper someone, and you end up in a tier 1 hideout with nothing but a chest and level 1 character, it's worth a try.
No rest for the wicked.
"
minezeye wrote:
Its an addon called POE trades companion. Its legal and only reads chat and allows for reply macros.

So many people ask me if im a bot....Ive probably been reported a million fucking times already...

Its so sad the level of ignorance that exists and the negative knee jerk reactions caused by this
"horrible trade system that relys on 3rd party tools to be used efficiently

I wouldn't blame players ignoring unofficial tools not even mentioned in any public ways by GGG themselves :)

Some players don't even know after months poe.trade exist and others that discover PoE for the first few days just see a trade chat.

If GGG don't want to modify how trading is, at least let's display an official list made by them, INGAME.

Edit: Did like to mention i actualy enjoy poe trade companion, author deserve few beers for this work.
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info