Almost made me quit, so fucking mad...

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Real_Funk wrote:

running merc lab takes like 5 minutes, max, if you are just running to the end for the points

it is 5 minutes, 5 of them

The median labyrinth ladder run for

normal standard = 28 minutes
normal legacy = 19 minutes
merciless standard = 21 munutes

Your 5 minute estimate seems completely unreasonable.

That's more of a function that GGG is too lazy to make their own official resources so I'm guessing a lot of their players don't know a what poelab is.

If you show players a map, it's not that hard.
Your stats are meaningless for at least normal and, well I was gonna say cruel but you didn't include that. The ladder only shows people who meet specific criteria. Copied from wiki:
"
To be eligible for the normal leaderboards, players must be level 40 or lower and must not have started cruel yet.
To be eligible for the cruel leaderboards, players must be level 60 or lower and must not have started merciless yet.
There are no level restrictions for the merciless and endgame leaderboards.
I would guestimate that a large majority of people who run normal lab aren't on that ladder because they didn't stop to do it as they were questing through normal and the same for cruel. Everybody I play with plays normal to get into cruel and cruel to get into merciless and don't bother stopping to run the lab until at least the next difficulty. The power from ascendency points is not needed until you get into merciless or later. I usually don't stop to go back and do the lab until about act 3 of the next difficulty. In fact I usually run the higher labs before going back and doing the lower ones.
So for everybody who plays like that, it doesn't count for the ladder. If it did, the median you quote would be much much faster.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 21, 2017, 8:04:34 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
(quote="Real_Funk")
running merc lab takes like 5 minutes, max, if you are just running to the end for the points

5(/quote) end of Real_Funk's statement

The median labyrinth ladder run for

normal standard = 28 minutes
normal legacy = 19 minutes
merciless standard = 21 munutes

Your 5 minute estimate seems completely unreasonable.

That's more of a function that GGG is too lazy to make their own official resources so I'm guessing a lot of their players don't know a what poelab is.

If you show players a map, it's not that hard.
Your stats are meaningless for at least normal and, well I was gonna say cruel but you didn't include that. The ladder only shows people who meet specific criteria. Copied from wiki:
"
To be eligible for the normal leaderboards, players must be level 40 or lower and must not have started cruel yet.
To be eligible for the cruel leaderboards, players must be level 60 or lower and must not have started merciless yet.
There are no level restrictions for the merciless and endgame leaderboards.
I would guestimate that a large majority of people who run normal lab aren't on that ladder because they didn't stop to do it as they were questing through normal and the same for cruel. Everybody I play with plays normal to get into cruel and cruel to get into merciless and don't bother stopping to run the lab until at least the next difficulty. The power from ascendency points is not needed until you get into merciless or later. I usually don't stop to go back and do the lab until about act 3 of the next difficulty. In fact I usually run the higher labs before going back and doing the lower ones.
So for everybody who plays like that, it doesn't count for the ladder. If it did, the median you quote would be much much faster.

His stated position was that MAXIMUM run time was 5 minutes. That is ridiculous no matter what statistics you want to look at.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Won't waypoints in lab make it so that people can just invite others into a party and let them get ascendancy points for free? Cuz in case you didn't know, you can party up for labs. Also, there are certain things you can't take out of the lab like keys. If you disconnect and lose the keys, how will you get them back if you go back into the lab through waypoint? Also, where should the waypoint even be? Cuz you obviously want to return to where you were, but it's not like they can just put a waypoint for every single room, especially since layouts keep changing.

Even if there are different ways to they can make it so that you can go back into same lab after disconnecting, I think that would take a lot of resources that are better spent elsewhere.
Last edited by WarbornWolf on Apr 21, 2017, 9:42:21 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:

His stated position was that MAXIMUM run time was 5 minutes. That is ridiculous no matter what statistics you want to look at.
I agree with that. I'd say maybe 12 minutes would be considered a good run by average players.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I agree with that. I'd say maybe 12 minutes would be considered a good run by average players.

https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Legacy/3/1492819200

Naw he regularly tops the lab charts every week miles ahead of even the best speed runners.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Legacy/3/1492819200

Naw he regularly tops the lab charts every week miles ahead of even the best speed runners.

Here was his statement.
(quote="Real_Funk")

5(/quote) end of Real_Funk's statement

Real_Funk's assertion was that Maximum run times for merciless labyrinth are 5 minutes.

Normal labyrinth runs on the ladder are really more relevant to this time. The reason that I believe the normal times are more relevant to the context of our discussion is that the ladder has the FASTEST times for each character for that day. This is important when a player runs the labyrinth multiple times in the same day. The merciless and endgame labyrinth times have significant percentage of runs that are obviously farming labyrinth times. Which means re-running the same layout multiple times and listing the fastest time in the ladder. The context that we're discussing is running labyrinth for ascendancy points, not farming labyrinth. The normal ladder median time is generally much longer since farming normal labyrinth is not common.

But let's ignore that point for now. Let's look at the ladder

The fastest times on the ladder right now are:
Merciless standard = 7 minutes
Merciless legacy = 4 minutes 39 seconds (all the rest are above 5 minutes)
Merciless hardcore legacy = 6 minutes 20 seconds
Merciless SSF legacy = 11 minutes 23 seconds
Merciless SSF hardcore legacy = 8 minutes 37 seconds

Now, this seems pretty clear that it demonstrates that Real_Funk has told a Real_Doozy of an exaggeration.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
^ So butthurt, I could do Lab in 2 minutes if I wanted to
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
^ So butthurt, I could do Lab in 2 minutes if I wanted to
Prove it, son
Lab is easy , it's just that after the first 1-2 times I don't like to run it anymore .

It's old boring content .
"
BestMageKR wrote:
Lab is easy , it's just that after the first 1-2 times I don't like to run it anymore .

It's old boring content .

Thank you for voicing your opinion on the boring labyrinth game play. I've added you to the list at number 760. Over 310 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 750 posters in support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info