PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

"
xineizer wrote:
I already have Fire Resistance maxed at 75%, and I can't get it any higher. So, I'm assuming the 8% increase to max Fire Resistance may be the key?

That's exactly the key. With the shield, you can have 83% fire resistance.

You can add Purity of Fire aura for another 4% (at gem level 20, or 5 at gem level 23). Barbarism from the passive tree gives another 1% and is part of a life wheel you should take for RF. That makes it fairly easy to hit 88% fire resist. Around that time, you'll notice that you can ignore fire damage that you'd normally run from... like volatile mob explosions and the hot grills in labyrinth.
"
Quo210 wrote:
Just not. Too risky.

I didn't die at all during acts. It's not risky due to the huge life pool you get building RF and assuming you hit enough regen to at least come close to being stable. Until you 65, you won't get the power of super high regeneration of course, but it's hardly needed for leveling content.

"
leveling as rf sounds super slow and dumb.. lol

Once you start using RF, it's very fast. In fact, it's faster than other builds leveling from that point on, since you can just shield charge full speed across maps without stopping to cast spells. Up until you start using RF though, it's a bit sluggish since you don't take many useful damage nodes (unless you intend to blow refund points later). You have to constantly check your stash for twink worthy uniques to equip in order to keep one shotting content and all that gear management takes time, or else your damage will suffer. I was fortunate enough to save up a whole quad tab of crappy uniques that I could throw at the problem. I still managed to run through all the acts in a day, changing to RF around lv 40.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Sep 14, 2017, 12:52:09 PM
Yes, the Shield is the reason why every guide is saying, this build is not playable until Level 65.
"
Yes, the Shield is the reason why every guide is saying, this build is not playable until Level 65.

The old killer argument from META Players. If the enemies don't die in 2 secs, then the build/skill is unplayable and GGG has swung their bad, bad nerf hammer=> Mimimimimimimi => yeah cry me a river

The guides are right on one point: It's very hard to level with RF if you play PoE the first time...

BUT: It's easy to play with some low-level unique/ rares that should everyone has founded (able to buy) if he/she has played PoE longer than 3 weeks.

I tried this with a Scion and it works very very good from Lvl. 24 on. You can walk through the mobs and must only push 2 buttons from time to time: 1.) The first Live flask 2.) the other one with "remove burning on use"...

Btw. SR helps too.
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.
with mom changes, you don't even need RoTP to play RF.

you can do RF with 79-80% fire res if you have MoM
But you need enough mana + regeneration otherwise, the blue bowl is at zero if you fire up RF...
The Way to Hell is paved with good intensions.
An interesting note/discussion here, especially for players who dislike the whole Meta-Tastic idea of "level with a completely and utterly different tree than your intended build, usually Something Firestorm, then spend eight banananillion Regrets to completely respec and regear your entire character at level 87 into your main build you actually intended to play. SPEED!"

That idea is horrible and utterly distasteful to a lot of players who would like to at least try to stick moderately closely to what they're hoping to play when they level, and who don't have a hundred regrets to throw at a total respec on the fly for free. Some tips and tricks for making RF work before Rise of the Phoenix are interesting to know.

Remember, folks - not everyone is interested in the absolute utmost of efficiency. Some folks prefer to play differently, and tips for people who don't like "same identical leveling build + a billion Regrets for every character" are appreciated.
"
R3NNW wrote:
But you need enough mana + regeneration otherwise, the blue bowl is at zero if you fire up RF...
yes, but that doesnt make my statement any less true. you can play RF without mana, or invest in mana regen/leech/recovery
Just because a thing can be done, doesn't mean it should. I tried going rf earlier than 65 some time ago (don't remember the details but I think it involved crafted items) and it was SLOW.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Just because a thing can be done, doesn't mean it should. I tried going rf earlier than 65 some time ago (don't remember the details but I think it involved crafted items) and it was SLOW.
whether something should be done is fairly subjective, but whether something can be done isn't.

there used to be times where the heavy degen made it so you couldnt level with RF without porting out every 10-5 seconds in the middle of the zone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info