PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Aetherium wrote:
There are multiple better ways to do it than use rf. Its just subpar thing to use.

Worth noting: you're calling something subpar when you don't even know it. Righteous Fire is ridiculous early-game, its Damage output is gross and that alone makes it very safe during leveling. Current-day Regen options make it easy to keep that massive buffer full, too.

While there are alternatives, if you want to play RF, why not actually play RF? There's plenty of people who don't want to level with a completely different build and then switch over, and the stigma against leveling with RF is insanely hardboiled and frankly wrong.

What RF build switches over to RF? maybe you mean ES

I didnt switch over to anything on my life RF build i used my build from the start cause its tanky life who really cares what nodes you pick at low lvl just get the best axe you can find :P
"
Lynerus wrote:
What RF build switches over to RF? maybe you mean ES

Almost every RF build guide suggests leveling with Ray or Firestorm, or even just anything with the word "Blade" in the name. Not sure why you're telling *me* this though... :P
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
last league on hardcore breach, I leveled with righteous fire, but not full time. I turned it on for bosses so that my vortex oneshot some bosses with ignites, and just drank a regular heal over time flask that approximately sustain for the duration of the flask.

i think it is too inflexible with flasks and gear to level full time, you will spend more time trying to obtain the correct flasks such as dispel ignite for those areas where there are no enemies for a long time, making sure your resist is capped a lot of the time, you have to deal with curses (with kikazaru it is better now though).

With certain ascendencies like guardian's (30% regen every 5 seconds), berserker (warcry 25% heal every 2 seconds), you it may be more reliably but still risky as certain moments you will drop really fast. Dying on hardcore cuz of a risky leveling strat is a bit ...

I'd rather have like double quicksilvers or additional silver flask so i can go forward faster and stuff you know? Or if stuff is kicking my ass cuz build sux, a sitbnite flask so everything misses/granite to trivialize physical damage.

I think rf totem is a lot easier to level with. I started using one right at lvl 16 and it definitely did more damage than my searing bond which I eventually dropped entirely. I even leveled my essence drainer with it (faster to place 1 totem than cast 2 spells!) Even with no totem life node investment, you just place one and they often kill a pack. At lvl 31 you can get the minion totem resist support so they last almost 4 seconds before they run out of life.

Problems are when pack density is larger you will want to place a second totem before the first one burns out the first pack and speed becomes slow, you often want a second gem. Well you want need a second gem for bosses anyways while 1 totem is burning away.
Just stumbled upon this and gave it a try. I wanna try RF before but somehow I got discouraged because most of the guides that I read does not recommend early RF.

So far I am enjoying this. Thank you OP for sharing this!

Even though I was quite struggling on my 20ish lvl using flasks, everything went smooth once I got the regen nodes along the path that I am building. I always pop a TP every boss fight just to be sure but somehow never used it in any case.
Started with RF about level 23, had to use flasks to be able to sustain, but that was not such a big problem. Normal Vaal died with Enduring Cry/Rejuv Totem very easily. At level 32 no need flasks anymore with +1 max fireres, regen nodes from templar, mara, scion area and Vitality aura. Also use Shaper's Seed amulet in addition to OP's gear.

Don't use Conc Effect - RF area will be abysmal and damage is good enough even without it, basically just shield charge through white mobs and wait a bit on magic/rares. Don't forget to level RF to increase it's range, "no need to level RF" advice is outdated now.
you can easily do at 38-40 this isnt new.
"
Vobant wrote:
you can easily do at 38-40 this isnt new.

and yet build guide writers continue to say "dont use rf until maps it will suck ass"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"

Why are you all about life regen nodes when a % of nearly nothing is nearly nothing. Life regen does sweet FG all at level 20. It does sweet F all at level 50. No, this doesn't work.

Last time I checked RF also did % of your hp as damage.

Hurr durr, I is smart!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 16, 2017, 1:09:27 AM
Seems cool to me. Thanks for sharing, OP.

(All these haters throwing shade, tho...)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info