Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

A level 87 called [Removed by Support] just scammed me out of 100c.

Is there a list if people or something?

He said on the trade channel he had a Perandus Archive for sale and to PM him. I PM'ed him saying I would buy it for 100c. He invited me to his party. I went to his hideout and traded him 100c. He then logged out. I am now sitting in his hideout. He has logged back on and started a new map. He has not responded to my PMs.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 16, 2017, 12:02:28 PM
Last bumped on May 11, 2017, 5:25:29 PM
No. And you cannot name & shame people on the forums.
First read the rules yourself because you complain about others.
Reported.
Yes, it's called Reddit.
And how exactly did you get scammed out of 100c?
Wait, if someone steals my currency I can't warn other people about that person's user name?

What's to stop him from scamming other people? Or, what's to stop others from doing the same?

It seems like by preventing me warning other people your making it so it becomes a viable strategy to scam people. Is this the intention?
"
j_tom47 wrote:
And how exactly did you get scammed out of 100c?
You said on the trade channel you had a Perandus Archive for sale and to PM you. I PM'ed you saying I would buy it for 100c. You invited me to you party. I went to your hideout and traded you 100c. You then logged out. You logged back on and started a new map. You have not responded to my PMs.

To everyone else, I think its a little weird I am not allowed to warn others on this forum about him. If people aren't allowed to warn others about this, it seems to be saying this kind of behavior is ok. I just started playing this game, and I'm not sure I want to continue if bad-behavior is not only rewarded but also protected.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 17, 2017, 12:03:17 PM
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
Wait, if someone steals my currency I can't warn other people about that person's user name?

What's to stop him from scamming other people? Or, what's to stop others from doing the same?

It seems like by preventing me warning other people your making it so it becomes a viable strategy to scam people. Is this the intention?

Naw GGG promotes it lol

General attitude is "It's Wraeclast xD" until they actually need to step in

If some guy fucks you over for 100c they won't do shit

It takes scamming a large number of people for them to act, because then they claim it's harassment via the ToS
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 16, 2017, 9:52:47 AM
It's always a high risk move to trust someone with that many chaos. You've made your choice, now make peace with it :)
As the forum rules dictate that you can't shame people here, so find another source like reddit for that.
It's not "weird". It's normal. GGG doesn't want to get into your fight with this guy. You traded him 100c on a promise that he didn't keep. You could take him to court, if there was one. But there's not.

The reason you can't name/shame here is that there's no reason to believe you. You could easily have just picked this guy out as a target and are simply using this forum as a way to trash his reputation. Maybe you're the scammer. Maybe you are just trying to get your competition in trouble. Probably not... but GGG isn't going to decide these on a case by case basis.
I don't want to "take him to court." But, I do want to warn others about him so he doesn't do it again. If there is NO repercussions for his actions (and the victim is silenced by the authorities for complaining) then it seems like this kind of behavior is basically being reward by the powers-that-be. As in, they get 100c and no one can even complain about it.

I understand that the theme of the game is Social Darwinism, but I didn't know that was also the philosophy that the game designers themselves adhered too.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 16, 2017, 10:07:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info