An idea to fix the Vaal Pact+Ghost Reaver combo

Imo there is nothing to be fixed as there is nothing broken.
"
Tarille wrote:

Well, Life would still get an advantage. What with Lust for Carnage, Hematophagy and Vitality Void being so close to strong Life nodes.

Life would have the advantage of being able to pick these nodes but also the disadvantage of having to pick them to be efficient with VP.

"
Tarille wrote:

Life also has the advantage of more easily getting secondary defences to help with the new lower instant leech, due to ES sharing a spot on gear with Armour and Evades. Which, with lower leech could actually start being relevant (Instead of now where anything other than max health to survive any burst is irrelevant because you'll instantly heal up as long as it doesn't 1 shot you)

You're right with this but these secondary defence would need a buff of their own aswell, especially for lategame. Right now if you're not litterally Iron Man, you might aswell go with 0 armor and get the same result (I think Ev+Dodge is ok though).

"

VP+GR abuser spotted :p.

You're right in that there is nothing broken. The problem is that ES combined with VP and GR is so much more efficient right now than playing Life based that most of the players will play this.
This in return means that GGG will adapt future content to this majority of player's power level and in the long run Life based will become really unplayable, and I mean litterally unable to do lategame content.

In a game that is all about build diversity, that's a shame.

Edit: Answer to Rexeos
Last edited by Bouveti on Apr 13, 2017, 7:53:45 AM
There is no fix other than moving it away from the best DPS/Pool section the passive tree has to offer..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Bouveti wrote:
"

VP+GR abuser spotted :p.

You're right in that there is nothing broken. The problem is that ES combined with VP and GR is so much more efficient right now than playing Life based that most of the players will play this.
This in return means that GGG will adapt future content to this majority of player's power level and in the long run Life based will become really unplayable, and I mean litterally unable to do lategame content.

In a game that is all about build diversity, that's a shame.

Edit: Answer to Rexeos

There are hp based build who does Uber Atziri and Shaper and I know players with HP based build who farm endgame and reach lvl 100 too. As you see problem outside of your build, than I can tell you, that is only your problem that your builds are not efficient enough or you are taking wrong path.

Calling people abusers, only because they are doing something you are not, is absurd.

ps: I dont agree with way you ask to buff HP by pointing in direction where is not problem at all

Last edited by Rexeos on Apr 13, 2017, 8:30:07 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:

There are hp based build who does Uber Atziri and Shaper and I know players with HP based build who farm endgame and reach lvl 100 too. As you see problem outside of your build, than I can tell you, that is only your problem that your builds are not efficient enough or you are taking wrong path.

Calling people abusers, only because they are doing something you are not, is absurd.

ps: I dont agree with way you ask to buff HP by pointing in direction where is not problem at all

First of all, I'm sorry if you thought I was accusing by calling you an abuser, I was joking and tried to make it obvious with the smiley but failed miserably (that is why i hate internet forum).

I made this topic because of all the renting about life being shit and ES being op but also because of what I experienced.

This League I have 2 main characters: a Life Based ST Raider and a CWC Scroching Ray Whispering Ice (CI+VP+GR of course) and I saw that the investment required to make both defensively equivalent was not even close to equal. So I thought about solution to even the things out a bit and came up with what I wrote in my first thread.

Also, I didn't made this topic because I want life to be buffed, I made it because I think the two mechanics should be on par in efficiency (I guess my title is not what it should be)
Why not post this in feedback+suggestions forum?
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
Why not post this in feedback+suggestions forum?

Simply because it is not a suggestion to GGG but more a subject to discuss between players.

I am what I would call a wannabe hardcore player in PoE, in the sense that I'm very interested in lategame content and extensive knowledge of the game but too lazy/not good enough/not enough time invested to actually push for it.

So I had this idea and wanted to see what would the other players think about it. If the majority agrees that it is a good idea (which is clearly not the case for now), then it would be subject for suggestion to GGG.
How about adding "ES does not recharge" to the "no regen" part?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

I considered this as well but this wouldn't address the "issue" as with most build your ES doesn't recharge during combat (unless under vaal disc).

This means it would change nothing to the way the sustaining is done during combat and this would considerably gimp ES for the lab as they would not be able to regen in traps (where Life with VP have life flasks). Would this downside be enough to justify the immense sustain in fight ?
"
Bouveti wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

I considered this as well but this wouldn't address the "issue" as with most build your ES doesn't recharge during combat (unless under vaal disc).

This means it would change nothing to the way the sustaining is done during combat and this would considerably gimp ES for the lab as they would not be able to regen in traps (where Life with VP have life flasks). Would this downside be enough to justify the immense sustain in fight ?

No solution. You just can unskill VP for the Lab run and you will still have all the benifts you getting from VP/GR/ES.

Considering how much meta it is at the moment, "a small" adjustment wont do it. There is need for something substantial, like moving it back to the south/south west.

At the moment, you can pick any crit build, go with ES and VP and you are essentially an unkillable beast. Especially, cuz ES is allocated in North/North east, while all crit and CI/VP/GR as well.

It essentially feels like those players have 160 passive points. So concentrated are those nodes..

Vinktars (with Pathfinder for an example) just makes the whole situation even worse.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info