Offtopic we must go to the united airlines and EAT THEM.

FOR BEING BULLIES
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 11, 2017, 6:44:10 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2017, 4:07:14 PM
Ok. You lead! I bring the forks and knifes! Om Nom Nom.
We must do it secretly first I must finish my camouflage dinosaur outfit in case my human form doesn't last!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
United should fight this belligerent Asian all the way to the supreme court.

They have a guaranteed 5:4 win.
Casually casual.

it's a pretty cut and dry case from the side of him having to leave the flight, in united's favor

"this is the document where the Mr. Doe explicitly agreed that he would have to give up his seat if the flight was overbooked and he was chosen to get off the flight"

-

Separate case for how he was removed, but that's not one that the supreme court would hear... none of this is...
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 11, 2017, 11:47:46 AM

united airlines atm
"
Manocean wrote:
it's a pretty cut and dry case from the side of him having to leave the flight, in united's favor

"this is the document where the Mr. Doe explicitly agreed that he would have to give up his seat if the flight was overbooked and he was chosen to get off the flight"

-

Separate case for how he was removed, but that's not one that the supreme court would hear... none of this is...

Something is legal doesn't mean it is right. POE can ban you right now without any reasons. It's definitely legal for them to do so based on the contract you accept when you register but it's probably not a right thing if you are not violating any ToS. Similarly in most US states, employers can fire any employees without any causes. It's legal but it's probably not right in most cases if the employee doesn't do anything wrong.

Unfortunately when it comes to airline booking business, customers have remarkably low protection. Overbooking makes financial sense to the airline but when they need someone off the plane they can just offer a low amount they desire or just kick passengers off. $1000 may sound a lot but that doctor can easily earn more than that in a day. And this does not include the loss for the patient or the doctor's nonfinancial losses. If someone does not accept $1000 for postponing his/her flight, it probably means they will be missing something much more important. What the airline should do is to raise the compensation until enough passengers willing to get off the plane voluntarily. If it makes financial sense for the airline to overbook or squeeze in their own employees, then it should also make financial sense for the customer to voluntarily get off.
Last edited by LBJames on Apr 11, 2017, 1:07:23 PM
That poor old man =(
Oblivious
I can't comprehend not just... raising the cash-out price.

We need a seat, anyone want to sell it back to us for $400?
$800?
$1200?
$1600?

Okay we got all the seats we need, have a nice day, we'll be leaving soon.
"
pneuma wrote:
I can't comprehend not just... raising the cash-out price.

We need a seat, anyone want to sell it back to us for $400?
$800?
$1200?
$1600?

Okay we got all the seats we need, have a nice day, we'll be leaving soon.

That was their first mistake. Mistake number two: they let everyone board before doing their lottery. Mistake number three: it would cost United less to hire a freakin' limo to drive their pilots those 4 or so hours instead of the seat buyback, let alone the lawsuit they're going to get later from this. Idiots.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 11, 2017, 1:38:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info