Offtopic we must go to the united airlines and EAT THEM.

A glimpse on how the world works:

Spoiler

Sauce:https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/851876520222232576
"
soneka101 wrote:
A glimpse on how the world works:

Spoiler

Sauce:https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/851876520222232576

That is too funny. Also shows how messed up the stock market is.
anything is everything
Didn't know about this, since i don't really keep up with the world etc...

But that sounds like some fucked up management at work and a ton more hassle then was actually required to resolve the situation.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Manocean wrote:
it's a pretty cut and dry case from the side of him having to leave the flight, in united's favor

"this is the document where the Mr. Doe explicitly agreed that he would have to give up his seat if the flight was overbooked and he was chosen to get off the flight"

-

Separate case for how he was removed, but that's not one that the supreme court would hear... none of this is...

There are a few inalienable consumer protection rights which stand regardless of what you sign.

The practice of airlines selling more seats than they have is nothing new, but it is inherently fraudulent and unethical. In an other industry it would be completely illegal. If I have a car dealership, I can't sell the same car to two different people and just hope one of them doesn't turn up to collect it, I'd end up in jail.
I'm just as annoyed at some of the media for how they've reported this.

1) United Airways had a man dragged off of their plane to accommodate crew.

2) The media dragged the relatively private (obscured) life of Dr. D., that he has reportedly worked hard to put behind him, onto the public stage for all to scrutinize and meme.

As horrific and unethical as the first is, I'm not sure which is worse. Is the man's past really at all relevant to the story? And what harm to his current career by shining a spotlight on it? Is this manner of reporting justifiable and necessary to affect good social change? Totally irresponsible journalism preying on a man for ratings and ad revenue, in my opinion.

Perhaps the media will serve as appetizers?
"
Durentis wrote:
I'm just as annoyed at some of the media for how they've reported this.

1) United Airways had a man dragged off of their plane to accommodate crew.

2) The media dragged the relatively private (obscured) life of Dr. D., that he has reportedly worked hard to put behind him, onto the public stage for all to scrutinize and meme.

As horrific and unethical as the first is, I'm not sure which is worse. Is the man's past really at all relevant to the story? And what harm to his current career by shining a spotlight on it? Is this manner of reporting justifiable and necessary to affect good social change? Totally irresponsible journalism preying on a man for ratings and ad revenue, in my opinion.

Perhaps the media will serve as appetizers?

1-)When I see shit like that happening I get more sad than angry. Sometimes people do make some stupid mistakes. If it's grave enough it's only fair for that person to receive punishment according the law. Now after doing his time, isn't okay to give that person a chance to start over? If a person has already been punished, if that person regrets what he/she did, and has no intention of ever doing it again, why can't he/she get the same place in society he/she had before?

I mean, if we take that man as an example, then it means that if you have a criminal past and you have some shocking video of you being victim of a crime/abuse, you have to weight the pros and cons before going to public(Winning a trial against a huge company with the best lawyers they can buy it's not easy, so going to public with a shocking video could help). What is worse is that this man didn't even had this choice, he will probably win this and be rich yes, but we don't know if he prefers to have money rather than be exposed. If I'm not wrong he has a kid(s).

2-)I don't think justifiable at all, I think there should be laws for situations like this one allowing him to sue those wallpapers as well.

3-)I wish them a severe backlash, but I won't hold my breath. This is not the first time the media does this, and probably won't be the last.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Yeah, it's a giant clusterfuck of mistakes:
- The plane was crowded because nationwide storms have fucked up our flight infrastructure.
- People didn't want to give up their seats because some had already been delayed over a day.
- This guy was a doctor that had patients to attend; literally the last person they should kick.
- UA oversold tickets (which they're legally allowed to do, within error bars).
- UA didn't notice that they have overbooked until after people were boarded/sitting.
- UA forgot that they needed to send employees on this plane as well (i.e. to fix the flights).
-* The buyout price was far too low and nobody volunteered to sell back their seat.
- They called the cops instead of literally any other option.
- The Chicago PD beat the dogshit out of an old asian man.
- UA continues to try and defend everything that happened and is in a PR tailspin.

At the asterisk, if UA had injected literally a few hundred dollars, everything would have been resolved. And note that it was already extremely out of the ordinary since it took all the previous failures.

Boggles the mind that nobody involved could comprehend that.

Yeah, theyre fucked. They deserve to lose it all now. I hope this causes long term harm to the company.

disagree with this, while the people responsible for this tragedy deserve everything they get, any longterm damage to the company as a whole will affect a lot of innocent peoples jobs as well who have no responsibility in this, they just happen to work for a douchebag company
"
blubbber wrote:
disagree with this, while the people responsible for this tragedy deserve everything they get, any longterm damage to the company as a whole will affect a lot of innocent peoples jobs as well who have no responsibility in this, they just happen to work for a douchebag company

That sounds awfully "Too Big To Fail".

When companies make mistakes, they should not go unpunished. Their stock dropping is the only way for them to see that their broken policy needs changing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info