[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

How is deadeye shrapnel shot compared to lets say a raider or inquisitor shrapnel shot?
I don`t see how deadeye ascendancy has great synergy with this skill.
Endless munition while giving aoe the extra arrow is wasted on this skill.
Far shot is meh because we are pointblank.
Am i missing something?
you are free to pick any ascendancy you want, noone - esp me - will stop you
Soo working on a full phys to lightning conversion build, with phys to lightning gem and lightning pen.
Playing in hc so still debating about grace or wrath together with blasphemy enfeeble. Gonna try to explore shock as much as possible maybe with impulsas for clearspeed boost. If theres anything you could suggest to improve it would be great to know :). Still unsure about the best quiver for full lightning, maybe just rare or Drillneck ? Once again thx for the guidelines.

Cheers.
"
sidtherat wrote:
that is what im investigating too. this change - pretty much the only skill related change in patch notes - makes this build A LOT worse and most likely i will drop this build and guide altogether

devs want us to play meta skills? sure, lets make generic tornado shot noob-friendly cannot-go-wrong build.. 5th time in a row

sad to see this change but oh well

There's always a way, don't sweat it. I've been using shrapnel shot ever since 2.6, because it's one of the few skills i really enjoy playing on a ranged character.

And i'd like to thank you for the guide, if you wouldn't have made it back then, i wouldn't have been committed to pursue my own research involving shrapnel shot. My build is completely different from yours, but i think i'm gonna take a few bits and pieces here and there from your guide. Keep it updated, shrapnel shot is a viable skill that's fun as fuck to use.

It depends on your expected budget - Watcher's Eye (in HC esp) can be very expensive but if you expect to get one I'd suggest tayloring your aura/curse setup around it. Some of the extra stuff you can get from this one jewel is seriously amazing and well worth the cost/effort.

The Impresence amulet is also a nice pick - free curse + quite nice generic stats is never a bad thing.

As for the guide etc - I'll update it for 3.3 but I've already moved on and - sadly - got deceived and created meta build by accident. Difference between 'meta' build centered about stupid mechanics ggg introduced by mistake and 'generic' builds like shrapnel shot whatever is OBSCENE and this makes creating build guides rather pointless..

build diversity is a myth

So noone on this build anymore ? Still think the deadeye buff is really helpful defensive wise for this as a league starter ! Maybe with new prolif / ignite changes in the new league ? Anyone got ideas ?

cheers
i will not update this build for 3.3

game is in such state that you should play meta build, not this one. im sorry if there are people playing and enjoying my creation. it is nice and all but please, pick a meta build. i cannot recommend this enough. difference in power is so enormous that there is no sense to pretend this build is 'strong'. it isnt.

meta-or-bust
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I am supposed to keep Herald of Ash and Assassin's Mark aura on at all times? I barely have enough mana for more than just a few Shrapnel Shots and your build also includes Grace and Vaal Grace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info