Not supported anymore

Kaoms would be a + towards Lifepool/Regeneration & Damage output, but a big - towards survivability.
You would have more problems with - max res and -xx% regeneration maps and also lose one of the gem setups.

What can be dangerous at 8k Life will also be dangerous at 10k Life, that´s why I also did not mention an alternative gem setup, because it is simply not worth it to run Kaom's. I mentioned the chest and the Essence craft simply because other RF versions do use it and if I don´t mention it every second question would be about it.
Still as written above, it can be seen as T1 chest just because of the + Life ans Regeneration.
Some people simply do value that more, even though it is not really useful.
Lonewolf
Just curious if there's any other way to run RF without having Rise of the Phoenix shield?
"
Just curious if there's any other way to run RF without having Rise of the Phoenix shield?

The 8% to maximum fire resistance is huge, as without that you're taking a lot more damage from your own RF. You would have to overcome that 8% additional damage through regen effects on other gear - I'm not sure how you would be able to do that; but, I suppose it might be possible...
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reclayow/characters char: Yashuen. (i have doryani's catalyst) What could i improve? and wanted to thanks you for putting such an effort into making this build i played RF build before but i didnt know that RF is not hit(so no EE) :D so far it's best RF build i played before even tho im not very experienced, so thanks once again and keep it up :)
Last edited by Reclayow on Aug 23, 2017, 8:01:14 AM
"

Yes you can sustain RF without RotP, prior 3.0 Mastercraft less damage over time taken up to -20% has been a thing, nowdays it does not make any sense to replace RotP with any other item. So yes you can do it, but you wont gain anything out of it.

"
Reclayow wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reclayow/characters char: Yashuen. (i have doryani's catalyst) What could i improve? and wanted to thanks you for putting such an effort into making this build i played RF build before but i didnt know that RF is not hit(so no EE) :D so far it's best RF build i played before even tho im not very experienced, so thanks once again and keep it up :)

Passivtree:
Remove the Passivpoints(5) at Breath of Flames, remove the Psssivpoints at Holy Fire (4), enable all Life nodes and use the rest of the points to to enable Jewel Slots, get Jewels with 6-7% max Life and Damage over Time, piece is at 1-2 Chaos, if not available use autosearch function at poe trade to get notified for new items.

Gear:
The gear is fine how it is and gratz to the belly, but till you have a nice belly you should really look to get the max amount of Life at all items, try to replace the amber amulet(if possible with a marble one) and the saphire Ring, you can make up for it with also looking for different Helmet Gloves and Boots with two types of Resistances. Don´t try to force Strength on items, if you get it it is nice to have but don´t see it as a must have.

Flasks:
You should have at least one Flask with remove burning to deactive RF if necessary.
Sapphire Flask should not be needed, would be the best to replace.
Try to get the 20% flaskcharge on crit on them, you can buy those for 1A-1C at poe trade.

And enjoy your time when you reach the level for doryani's :-)

Edit: as always those are sugestions, if and what you do is obviously up to you
Lonewolf
Last edited by Twinks on Aug 23, 2017, 8:40:37 AM
"

Passivtree:
Remove the Passivpoints(5) at Breath of Flames, remove the Psssivpoints at Holy Fire (4), enable all Life nodes and use the rest of the points to to enable Jewel Slots, get Jewels with 6-7% max Life and Damage over Time, piece is at 1-2 Chaos, if not available use autosearch function at poe trade to get notified for new items.

Gear:
The gear is fine how it is and gratz to the belly, but till you have a nice belly you should really look to get the max amount of Life at all items, try to replace the amber amulet(if possible with a marble one) and the saphire Ring, you can make up for it with also looking for different Helmet Gloves and Boots with two types of Resistances. Don´t try to force Strength on items, if you get it it is nice to have but don´t see it as a must have.

Flasks:
You should have at least one Flask with remove burning to deactive RF if necessary.
Sapphire Flask should not be needed, would be the best to replace.
Try to get the 20% flaskcharge on crit on them, you can buy those for 1A-1C at poe trade.

And enjoy your time when you reach the level for doryani's :-)

Edit: as always those are sugestions, if and what you do is obviously up to you

I wanted to make up for small amount of health on jewelry or other pieces of gear by having strength on items, and the missing life i want to fill now when i level so i will get every missing piece of health that i didnt pick up earlier because i thought i don't need that much while leveling. You mention to remove holy fire and breath of flames, forever or just to get health now? :D and later will look for some amulet ring and gloves. Thanks for fast reply! btw sorry for my english and one more thing i went with inquisitor instead of pathinder because i don't get EO very often so i thought it will not be consistent until i can get a really good rare scepter and i love consecrated grounds makes you regen more and you get 40inc dmg which i think is nice anyawy. :) have a good one!
Last edited by Reclayow on Aug 23, 2017, 10:02:41 AM
Sure you are welcome, yeah inquisitor is the number 1 alternative for pathfinder, I can absolutely understand that. No not forever, it is just that you do not need that extra damage at midgame and you have the possibility to convert it into Life which is and will ever be the number one priority, but your explanaitions did make sense so it is all fine, gl hf :)
Lonewolf
Hello Twinks. Great build! I have been enjoying it very very much. I'v made a few tweaks to the build and I wanted to share them with everyone get your opinion on them.

First in case anyone is curious, I leveled with Magma Orb (always wanted to try it) using a lifesprig and a wanderlust and it was super easy. Only had to change a point here or there for leveling but it felt pretty nice. I didn't get stuck in any areas for too long, except in areas related to 3.0 that I was not used to. I then upgraded to a Reverb Rod and bought the prophecy to upgrade it to the Amp Rod and got the Magma Orb threshold jewel in the act 5 quest and leveling was a breeze at that point. All in all, the starter gear cost about 3-4c for a pretty easy leveling experience. I also did use Blasphemy-Flammability as soon as it was available as well. I switched to RF at 65.

Since then, I have been having an absolute blast and I have been able to gear up pretty fast. In fact as you can see below, my gear is pretty much set. All I really need to do is upgrade my Red Dream and maybe divine 3 of my jewels to 7% life.

So my goal was to still run Vitality, PoF, and add Blasphemy-Flam without using any nodes on the passive skill tree. And I have done it. What I did was sacrifice one coral ring for a +2 unset ring and with my lvl 21 PoF, it can reach lvl 23 without the need for Empower. Next I linked Vitality-Blasphemy-Flammability- Lvl 4 Enlighten. This gives me exactly 34 mana to cast both my Cyclone and Flame Dash, both cost 12 mana. I also opted for the DoT gloves for the extra DPS and that gives me more gems for a better defensive setup as well. I thought about using Kaoms but I like the gem set up I have atm. Since I switched to this set up, I have absolutely been steamrolling almost all maps. I also just recently did my first deathless Colosseum, Core, and Phoenix maps. here is my gem setup and gear.

Righteous Fire - Increased Burning - Ele Focus - Increased AoE
Vitality - Blasphemy - Flammability - lvl 4 Enlighten
8 Blade Vortex - Increased Duration - Increased Crit Strikes - 1 CwDT
14 CwDT - 16 Stone Golem - 18 Molten Shell - 16 Immortal Call
1 Flame Dash - Faster Casting
1 CwDT - 7 Tempest Shield (for 3% more block)
Vaal Grace
Cyclone - Fortify - Culling Strike
21 PoF in +2 Unset Ring

Also did an uber lab last night and got a sick enchant on the hat.

Let me know what you think.

Edit: Forgot to include my flask setup

I'v been switch between chemist and surgeons flasks and i think i like the chemists better, still undecided on that, might be situational.

Last edited by PhoenixFlame on Aug 23, 2017, 10:38:44 PM
I noticed you dropped vitality for dual curse setup at lvl 90 on your harbinger league character, did you rush whispers of doom before getting into the damage nodes?
"
7itachi7 wrote:
I noticed you dropped vitality for dual curse setup at lvl 90 on your harbinger league character, did you rush whispers of doom before getting into the damage nodes?

Yes, whispers of doom is besides Elemental Equilibrium the biggest damage increase and for "speed" farming really really good and because I am in need of currencies and XP it was the time to go for it.

"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
Hello Twinks. Great build! I have been enjoying it very very much. I'v made a few tweaks to the build and I wanted to share them with everyone get your opinion on them.

I do like everything you did there and really nice gear.
Might adapt the guide a bit later and mention it, the main problem is the max of 50k symbols allowed..^^

Lonewolf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info