[2.6] Frostbolt Totem - Level 90 LSC, Cheap and T15+Shaper Viable

"
Karyoplasma wrote:
If you want to switch out a gem for Increased Critical Strikes, then I'd replace Slower Proj, dunno if it's that much better tho, but whatever you do, you need more crit gear as an Inquisitor or else you are just gimping yourself. Get rid of that amulet and get a crit one. You are not using a dagger, so you should get 2 Diamond rings as well.

I don't like Inquisitor that much and I can tell you why:

Issue no. 1: I have so much cold penetration (20 from amulet, 20 from Frost Bomb, 37 from gem, 42 from curse) that ignoring the resistances would actually make me do less damage. Inevitable Judgement is only good if you are crit capped or close to it, else pen is better.

Issue no. 2: Inquisitor kinda locks you into dagger+shield so you can get the cast speed buff from Instruments of Virtue by using Shield Charge and as you are using a Staff, there is no movement skill that counts as an attack. Sanctify into Pious Path would be better in this case.

Issue no. 3: Inquisitor has no way to reliably generate charges without giving up another gear slot for Orb of Storms + PCoC.

Issue no. 4: This one is a bit personal, but it just feels so nice having 4 totems at your disposal. It works well versus eventual stragglers while you move to the next mob.

OoS gets me pcharge on boss. Your issue number3 is fix by using Leap Slam :D. Its faster then moving and u can just leap slam into place while your totem do the killing.

Only issue is indeed getting CRIT. Hence why i may need to swap slowerproj for inc crit. I sit at 5.2k life + MOM with belly of the beast.Which allow me to get more sockets compared to Kaom.

The Other thing is that since i dont need cold pen,i can actually swap cold pen for inc crit,which makes both ascendency on par socketwise. Then it allows me to run to Ass Mark. Which is more damage once again. Then like i said,leap slam gets me pious path rolling. SO i get the cast speed there(30%),which is actually better then a dagger. And proc fortify on random monster but that depends on whats around :)

My tooltip is at 25-30k depending on charges+pious path. IM not using any damage boosting flask so far, beside diamond but i only pop it for boss.

Ran maps much faster then the vid someone posts. I kill faster then flameblast totem cause no delay charging. Plus offscreening/chill/freeze stuff is fun. The nly downside is vs bosses. I just dont see this doing guardians or even t15 anyways. Not in HC.

I still think INQ is better then hiero cause of all the inc it gets you. Its a solid 40% cast speed+ elem dmg and basically free penetration. The downside is just getting that crit up.
Speaking of gem links and bossfights, maybe the solution is to drop Hypothermia for Increased Critical Strikes. After all, most of the important enemies are immune to chill, aren't they?
Last edited by TheElementalist on Apr 4, 2017, 6:24:02 PM
"
Speaking of gem links and bossfights, maybe the solution is to drop Hypothermia for Increased Critical Strikes. After all, most of the important enemies are immune to chill, aren't they?

Being INQ , switching hypothermia for inc crit strike made a huge difference. The tooltip dps went up by about 6k. from 22k. Which is more then 25% dps. Then it allows to perma penetrate 100% resist more often. It also gave me more freeze and chill.

Hypothermia probably gave more dps but the dps increase didnt count on the first hit ( cause need to freeze/chill first) Then lower crit is also less effective dps cause of INQ.

IM happy with the build so far, rolling t10s. I still would not recommend for shaper or even guardians. Some boss takes quite some time to kill.
thanks OP for making this guide.

I have been trying to make a crit cold spell based build after i found this amulet. Your guide with MOM perfectly make my amulet useful ; )

Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Apr 9, 2017, 3:38:25 AM
Ty OP you gave me inspiration! I am going to try to use this and see if mind of the counsil also work with totems the same way totems works with assassins ;)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
great guide/build
modified some things like using Frost Bite and till now 5 link Vortex instead of using Kaoms.
Am lvl 68 now, will give an update later on reaching higher lvl for more experience
nice build
Last edited by Blo0dForce on Jun 26, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info