Potential User Data Breach

I want my breaches to stay open for over a week as well. :(

Thanks for the heads-up though and good luck on fixing whatever problems were responsible for this.
Last edited by Jagaimo on Mar 29, 2017, 2:39:24 AM
"
demonachizer wrote:
What hashing algorithm do you use?

I hope its not MD5. Otherwise Ill have to change a lot of passwords.
Chris, I have always wondered, what password is assigned/used by steam client users? I ask as I've never entered one for the game that I recall anyway.
thanks for transparency!
They have attempted to take an email account of mine from russian and south korean sources on the 25th and 26th. The account is linked to this one, and I can't imagine it's unrelated. Just fyi
Whats the point in having IP check for accounts if your own servers are not secure enough and any hacker can get the info both the IP and the passwords.
confidence is as high as 0 right now league stone exploits and not knowing who is on your networks and what there doing is shameful u should get warning messages when someone attempts to connect and u can then give permission to them if u know them at least
i am very disappointed
its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine
R.E.M.
Thanks for letting us know.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
What hashing algorithm do you use?

Lets just give them all the info shall we.

Its like me asking you what number is your house when I know your street name.

hey GGG, I know your server IP, If I SSH to it can I please have your root pass. pretty please.

I see the question on what strong/weak password, hashes and the like are in quite a few previous replies, so I compiled a short list of video explanations on the topic:

How NOT to store Passwords: a quick insight into why GGG uses hashes and salts instead of just writing the passwords to their database in plain text.

Password Cracking: A demonstration on how a possible attacker would likely attempt to extract passwords from the previously mentioned hashes and salts (although somewhat rudimentary, but the concept is shown very nicely).

Password Choice: Basically how to create strong Passwords that you can actually remember.

(All Videos © by Computerphile)

A question @GGG: I only ever connected to your site and game through my steam account. I suppose there's no worries here since the authentification happens through an external provider?
That is not an avatar, that's how I really looked when I wrote this post!
Last edited by I_ysk on Mar 29, 2017, 4:33:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info