Potential User Data Breach

It all makes sense now, a few days ago I had a notice from PayPal that I had an unauthorized login and I quickly changed my password, but I always wondered what might have been the cause. Thank you GGG for notifying the player base. It's really reassuring to know that we as consumers and players have this transparency with you as a company.
"
iLumineux wrote:
It all makes sense now, a few days ago I had a notice from PayPal that I had an unauthorized login and I quickly changed my password, but I always wondered what might have been the cause. Thank you GGG for notifying the player base. It's really reassuring to know that we as consumers and players have this transparency with you as a company.

From what I understand that's not due to the incident at GGG, it sounds like there might a different issue as far as your PP is concerned. You should definitely look into that buddy.
ah, I see, the credit card info is safe.
Savour these moments, for they may never return.
Last edited by shghostell on Mar 29, 2017, 1:37:34 AM
Well shit, is this why my account got hacked last week and I lost everything.
Last edited by neostars on Mar 29, 2017, 1:39:29 AM
Thanks for the update.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Thanks for reporting this.
Cheers for the warning.
funny(?) things:
- how the breach was not detected for 10 whole days
- all the thanks and cheers
"
bwam wrote:
"
hunter_AS wrote:
^ This does not inspire a lot of confidence. If you severed internet connections and started immediately reformatting without performing imaging on the affected systems, it shows that you clearly do not have capable incident responders on staff. With that being known, I sincerely doubt the security measures you put in place are adequate, unless you have identified root cause, which is once again hard to do when you immediately start erasing evidence. Along with this, if there was potential proof that sensitive information was accessed, you are wiping this out as well.

With that said, as long as the payment card data never touches your network and you actually are salting, very little issue aside from your proprietary information potentially being breached. I appreciate the notice, but your response didn't inspire much enthusiasm for your ability to handle the event.

I know the common though is blah blah blah who does this guy think he is, I am a former PCI Forensic Investigator consultant who has led with major credit card breaches and now lead the incident management department at a large financial institution. Before this I served as a lead penetration tester as well.

Man joins PoE over a year ago, leaves forums untouched. Man's first post? This one. I'd be inclined to pay attn to what he said.

Chris' background is in software security... I'm more inclined to take the game developer's statements at face value than some random poster hiding behind an alias spewing a bunch of unsourced/unverified 'credentials'.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Mar 29, 2017, 2:24:49 AM
Thanks for infos
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info