LL CoC Ignite Vortex

This Build is a high budget build with the damage capacity to kill every part of the endgame.

If you have experience with shaper killing it will not even be a challenge to finish him with this build. It struggles against ignite immune bosses, but thanks to the high on hit damage you can finish even Uber Atziri and Phoenix.

Video

Shaped strand
Uber lab 1 Uber lab 2 Then i died to a trap before uber 3, but you get the point...

Mechanics

Vortex

Vortex is used mainly because it has the mod "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time". While the mod is meant to scale the DoT on the ground from the skill it also makes spelldamage doubledip.
This means we will try to stack as many "more spelldamage" multipliers as we can get, since they are doublidipping more multipliers. Both more and doublidipping are things that builds try to get as much as possible from, and we're combining them!

More_multipliers:
30% from Pain Attunement
44% from Controlled destruction
54% from concentrated effect (only using this vs Shaper, guardians and uber)
39% from Cast on Crit

Vortex leaves an aoe dot behind, the damage from it is insignificant but it chills and this adds to our deference.

Pyre

Pyre used to convert 100% of fire damage to cold damage for just a ring slot, now it only converts 40%. We can use 2x Pyre for 80% or we can use Three Dragons. I would recommend three dragons since you will ignite for 100% of your hit damage and Elemental Equilibrium will have maximum efficiency.

Other options i wouldn't recommend but works:
- 1x Pyre and Cold to Fire Support gem but then we're missing out on a support gem with a more multiplier and we're still only converting 90%.
- Pyre and Avatar of fire Avatar of fire means we cant use elemental equilibrium, wich is a massive damage boost.

Three_Dragons

Pyre used to convert 100% of fire damage to cold damage for just a ring slot, now it only converts 40%. We can use 2x Pyre for 80% or we can use Three Dragons. I would recomend three dragons since you will ignite for 100% of your hit damage and Elemental Equilibrium will have maximum efficiency.

Other options i wouldn't recommend but works:
- 1x Pyre and Cold to Fire Support gem but then we're missing out on a support gem with a more multiplier and we're still only converting 90%.
- Pyre and Avatar of fire Avatar of fire means we cant use elemental equilibrium, wich is a massive damage boost.

Elemental_equilibrium

EE is used to reduce the targets resist to fire and cold damage, monsters resist is also doubledipping the damage of the ignite. We are using lightning damage on hit with our attack and orb of storm to proc it.

Attack

I am using cyclone because you can reset it fast and get a new crit roll if you cyclone short distances. If you want to go even faster i would recommend using shield charge and getting as much attack speed as possible.

Gear_Explanation

Helmet
If you have access to a Pyre with 100% conversion just get a good rare with as much ES as you can get. If you cannot get a 100% conversion Pyre then you'll be forced to use a Three Dragons.

Chest
Shavronne's Wrappings to allow you to go low life, wouldn't recommend anything else.

Belt
Rare belt with as much ES, resist and possibly flask mods.

Boots
Rare boots with mov speed, ES and resist.

Gloves
Rare gloves with ES, resist and if youre using shield charge I would recomend getting attack speed on them.

Weapon
Vagan Dagger with crit, if you're using shield charge attack speed is essential. This is also a good slot to get a bit more spelldamage

Offhand
Rare shield with high ES, other good stats are spelldamage and spellcrit.

Rings
One Pyre if you can get a 100% conversion one. Other than that I would recomend Rare Diamond Ring with es, resist and some added lightning damage so that your attack can proc EE.
If you don't have Presence of chayula and don't want to use Eye of Chayula you can use a Valyrium.

Ammy
Presence of Chayula is BIS because the massive amount of ES it grants, but you can use Eye of Chayula or a Rare amulett if you're using Valyrium.

Legacy_optimization

If you want to play this build in Legacy and cannot get hold of a legacy Pyre I strongly recommend that you go by three dragons instead. You will lose out on a little ES but it's by far the second best alternative to legacy pyre. Read more about this in Mechanics --> Pyre

Gems

Main skill links:
Vortex - CoC - Attack of your choice - Increased critical strikes - Controlled destruction - AoE(Increased for clearing and conc when its suitable)

optimal LW links:
Lightning warp - reduced duration - Faster Casting - Rapid decay

blasphemy + free gem slot, i put my portal here:
ass mark - blasphemy - ?????(Portal)

curse on life to proc LL:
Blood magic - Elemental Weakness - Blasphemy

Cwdt IC and other gems that just need 1 slot:
CWDT - Dicipline - Vaal lightning trap - IC

Singletarget Powercharges and helps a bit with EE if you're not using three dragons:
Orb of storm - Powercharge on crit - increased aoe - increased crits

Flasks

Other than a diamond flask I wouldn't say there are any flask that's required but I'll argue for my choices, I'm using:

Quicksilver of Adrenaline to move fast, because clearspeed.

Mana flask of Staunching because rarely you'll need mana to keep casting LW or even your damage skill if you're not killing anything (ass mark gives mana on kill while clearing).

Diamond of Heat because more crits and anti freeze.

Basalt of Heat phys reduction and more than one anti freeze is nice.

Dying sun AoE is nice, not sure i would bother since AoE changes.

Current_gear

Levling
I would recommend leveling as something else, but that being said i played this as my first build in Breach. I did selfcast vortex until around mid 60's where i changed to the coc setup, then i changed to CI in my mid 70's untill I could afford a Shav's.

It was a lot better and easier than I was expecting, and the best part about it how well it scales with currency. It works well with mediocre gear but you can feel how much better it get as you invest currency.

Jewels

I would recomend an Energy from Within jewel by Melding, other than that i would get as much spelldamage or elemental damage as possible, I'm skipping energy shield on jewels but if you feel like you need thats its a good option.

If you want to use Shield charge to proc CoC then i would recomend getting as much attack speed as you can on your jewels.

Passives

Path_of_Building
Last edited by DevinAce on Apr 2, 2017, 7:41:57 AM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2017, 8:47:52 AM
Сan use "Hrimburn" instead of "The Three Dragons"
"
UnderTheCross wrote:
Сan use "Hrimburn" instead of "The Three Dragons"

That would not be recomended since it would have your attack do cold damage and then EE would grant the mobs +25 cold res instead of -50%.
Hey this build seems pretty good, what about leveling? At what lvl do you think you can start using the CoC setup ?
"
mandodiao wrote:
Hey this build seems pretty good, what about leveling? At what lvl do you think you can start using the CoC setup ?

I would recommend leveling as something else, but that being said i played this as my first build in Breach. I did selfcast vortex until around mid 60's where i changed to the coc setup, then i changed to CI in my mid 70's untill I could afford a Shav's.

It was a lot better and easier than I was expecting, and the best part about it how well it scales with currency. It works well with mediocre gear but you can feel how much better it get as you invest currency.
is it possible to include a video of boss fight like guardian, ubers, shaper etc. or better yet ignite immune bosses. just want to see the build potential. thx
How do you deal with Mana on single target? since Assmark is only on kill and cyclone uses a lot, even a mana flask wont cut it.
"
buttcommander wrote:
is it possible to include a video of boss fight like guardian, ubers, shaper etc. or better yet ignite immune bosses. just want to see the build potential. thx

Mathil did a CI version (It has about the same damage on hit but a lot less ignite damage). I would recomend watching his videos for the Phoenix and Uber Atziri. I would like to show you the other bosses and i will post videos as soon as i have maps for it.

EDIT: I added Uber izaro phase 1 and two, didnt get to 3 because I'm bad at traps...
Last edited by DevinAce on Apr 2, 2017, 7:47:35 AM
"
mandodiao wrote:
How do you deal with Mana on single target? since Assmark is only on kill and cyclone uses a lot, even a mana flask wont cut it.

Manaflask works great for singletarget, but I usually kill everything before i need to use it anyway.
And how about leech?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info