[2.6] LHC Rank #17 - Righteous Fire - Juggernaut

"
Gott_Ist_Tot wrote:
Isn't it better to pick up Tireless node (5 passive points, 20% increased maximum Life) instead of Art of the Gladiator and Master of the Arena nodes (7 passive points, 18% increased maximum Life, +40 to Strength, 1% of Life Regenerated per second)?

Is good to pick Tireless node, but no is not good to drop Art of Gladiator and Master of Arena. Life regeneration is a part of surviving kit in this build. And moving with penalty from armour....like have a temporal chains curse permanent on you. And as a small benefit you get some dex and str from them.

What do you think of Blood Magic keystone for max HP or even Mind Over Matter for extra life pool? I mean, for HC. With 84% maximum Fire Resistance (+Unrelenting +regen from Golem) we can drop Purity of Fire and Vitality and still have some regeneration (like ~5% after degen). For curses, well, we can still use Witchfire Brew and Fortify (-28%) is already way better than Enfeeble vs bosses. Then we can travel towards Cruel Preparation, Blast Radius and Alchemist nodes (+Jewel Socket) and pop a Ruby Flask (with increased duration) when serious regeneration needed.

No again.It is possible to take BM and the life increase nodes after it but you need a unique unset ring which reserve no mana for aura in it (worm something). But you will loose a key Kaom ring. His whole build is made around these 2 rings and can't drop one of them. Again running life RF is about getting huge life pool and huge HP regeneration. You can't leech from DoT. So dropping vitality, dropping life regeneration from EC, droping life regeneration passives is bad. You clearly didn't try to kill a T16 boss with 5% life regeneration over the RF needed. You will be dead.
Mind over matter is good if you got huge mana pool. Let's see "When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life." So with our character having almost no mana left that passive point is useless.
Blast radius and all the points invested in area are quasi-ineffective. See down the video with radius of RF with/without Conc eff and AoE, but WITHOUT ANY AREA PASSIVES. Since last patch instead of increasing area radius now we got increased area surface. That means 50% of former effectiveness. Basically is a waste of points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNEHz6KJ92A
Look at me playing with RF area with AoE gem. If you invest in ALL 7 passives from Amplify and Blast Radius you get that increase of area. It is worth 8-9 passives (counting also nodes to get there)? For me it dosent.

Last but not least, a marble amulet crafted with an Essence of Horror for 15% increased effect of Fortify is our BiS, right?

Depends what you looking for. 15% effect of fortify +25% from Jugg passives = 40%. Add this to the 20% damage mittigation of fortify and you get 28% (no, is not 60%). There are better necklaces with more HP regeneration and more life than marble ones. So hardly BiS. If you are affraid of physical damage just get an experimenter's basalt flask of iron skin and use it all the time.
Last edited by Piftiuta on May 27, 2017, 3:35:54 AM
Isn't it more important to avoid potential one-shot deaths by having a little bit more HP/DPS (almost 12k HP if we're lucky) than maxing out regen (maybe unnecessary vs trash)? We can still use our life flasks when needed and have massive regen (same ~20% regen with less degen during flask effect) with just a ruby flask with increased duration and effect (+7.8% to maximum Fire Resistance if we take Alchemist). We conserve our sick regen but make it more situational. And we gain +1/1.5k extra HP. It's also possible to regenerate more life per second (flat, not %) from a larger HP pool with less % life regeneration per second than a smaller pool with more %.

Master of the Arena is only 1% regeneration, it can't be huge. And not taking Art of the Gladiator is only -3% movement speed. Kaom's Heart doesn't have movement penalty as far as I know (for being a Glorious Plate). Maybe it was changed?

Same thing with our amulet slot. Isn't it better to craft 15% increased effect of Fortify (-3% damage taken from all sources that hit us) than just more and more regen? So much regen up all the time seems like an overkill to me in the vast majority of the cases. And I never said -60%, lol.

I took Blast Radius because it was only 3 points. Cruel Preparation + Alchemist + jewel socket + some AoE if needed for 12/15 passive points seems pretty reasonable.

btw, I don't think we need auras per se. Just trying to think out of the box for a while, I may be wrong as fuck. With already ~20% regen Vitality is pure luxury. No Purity of Fire? Damn, it really hurts, but of course we're going to prefer dual Kaom's. Here's why we travel towards to Alchemist and pick up some nice life in our way. With the increased effect of Fortify I don't care about Enfeeble. And offensive curse on flask? We're done.
Last edited by Beleyahal on May 27, 2017, 1:19:45 PM
Looking for some numbers:

Let's assume 10k HP without Blood Magic (20% life regeneration), somewhere between 11k and 11.5k HP with Blood Magic (~18% life regeneration: same -Vitality). Flasks aside.

Rise of the Phoenix: +8% to maximum Fire Resistance

Purity of Fire: +4% to maximum Fire Resistance

Barbarism: +1% to maximum Fire Resistance

Unrelenting: 8% reduced Elemental Damage taken while at maximum Endurance Charges

Degen 1 (without Blood Magic): (10,000 * 0.9) * (1 - 0.75 - 0.08 - 0.04 - 0.01) * (1 - 0.08) = 993.6 HP/s

Life regeneration (minimum needed): 993.6 * 100 / 10,000 = 9.93...%

Life regeneration (total): 10,000 * 0.2 + 105 (Golem) + 6 (Rise of the Phoenix) = 2,111 HP/s

Net: 2,111 - 993.6 = 1,117.4 HP/s

Degen 2 (with Blood Magic): (11,250 * 0.9) * (1 - 0.75 - 0.08 - 0.01) * (1 - 0.08) = 1,490 HP/s

Life regeneration (minimum needed): 1,490 100 / 10,000 = 14.9...%

Life regeneration (total): 11,250 * 0.18 + 105 (Golem) + 6 (Rise of the Phoenix) = 2,136 HP/s

Net: 2,136 - 1,490 = 646 HP/s

We lost 471,4 HP regenerated per second (1,117.4 - 646), or 42%. But we gain 1.25k max HP, or 12.5%, and stronger flasks.

Can't really tell which one is better. We can easily get more regen whenever we want with just a flask, but we can't get more maximum HP by pressing one button. And I don't really want to get wrecked by some random one-shot mechanic and lost my char.
Last edited by Beleyahal on May 27, 2017, 3:43:44 PM
Yes is good to have more HP and more regeneration. More HP means also more damage.
Regeneration must be seen in terms of net gain. You are always burrning yourself so only the extra regeneration is meaningful for life RF characters.
Let's do some simple math just for exemplification: 10000 HP, 20% regen, 89% fire resist.
You take DoT 9.9%. Your real regeneration is only 10.1%. You take a blow of 8000HP from boss, will take 8 seconds to refill your life. If RNG gives you another 8000 HP blow after 4 seconds, you are dead.
Same numbers but with 30% regeneration, what you say is overkill. Now your real regeneration is 20.1%. So in only 4 seconds your life pool is full, ready to receive the next RNG big hit. Here the regeneration makes the difference.
Sure, you will say you will pop a flask. If the fight is over in 20 seconds then is not a fight worth to mention. I am speaking about bosses where you spend minim 3-4 min. Where you can have no flask lefts for half of fight time.
And are the maps mods. With vulnerability you burn for 9.9%*1.33 ~ 13%. If -16% max resist then you got only 76% fire resist so you burn for 21.6%. When you got the overkill 30% HP regeneration those map mods are no obstacle for you. If you got only 20% regeneration then is clear you can't even consider -16% map.
The problem is people tend to lower HP regeneration to the point needed to sustain RF only. Then if you are hit, ambushed, crit, whatever, you will see life is not replenish fast enough and bang - dead.
If you are not in HC then feel free to test any ideea. Some of them might be great.
You will find in the end a balance that suits best your play style.

So, best option after all is to keep our auras and run Enfeeble for that extra eHP we could get from Blood Magic.
"
Gott_Ist_Tot wrote:
So, best option after all is to keep our auras and run Enfeeble for that extra eHP we could get from Blood Magic.

BM passive isn't worth it in my opinion.
Giving up blasphemy curses + ringslot for PoF sounds like a very bad plan.

I am curious about the buffs to go for a Leo mod shield in 3.0.
Losing a few % regen for bigger HP pool and better defenses seems about right. Just seriously ditch all -max res map mods, which you probably do anyway.
any options for empovering purity of fire?
No rest for the wicked
The usual option, empower 3 + PoF 21 to get to an effective of 23 when it gives you +5 max fire resist.
Of course you can do empower 4 +PoF 20.
The other options are:
There is also binerot mark I think. But any way using another ring for this build will ruin it totally as you will have even less HP regeneration than OP.

Aint got one but you can look for a necklace with +2 to socketed gems, or unset rings with +2/+3 to socketed gems. Like

Also you can use alpha or lantern.

And the list dosen't end here....
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 8, 2017, 8:28:08 AM
thanks for insight...

and how much mana do we have unreserved at lvl 90 or so?
No rest for the wicked
I got 184 mana unreserved from 769, but I am using my own RF build which you can find easy if you read rest of my posts. And I am lvl 97. So you can try figure it out for lvl 90.
Last edited by Piftiuta on Jun 8, 2017, 8:34:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info