PSA: GGG sucks at balance

They nerf items that are no where near "over powered". Don't expect a legacy item to be good.
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 9:33:08 PM
Not sure if this requires a PSA, with how complex this game is, the balance team can easily overlook a couple of variables.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 22, 2017, 5:23:08 PM
While I agree that the game is unbalanced, I don't agree that GGG sucks at it. It's an impossible task. They do a good enough job on it. The only reason they nerf top end skills is to give the players that delight in finding the best something to do. It's not about OP or not. It's about creating fun. They've done well at that.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Not sure if this requires a PSA, with how complex this game is, the balance team can easily overlook a couple of variables.

A "balance team" is, to my knowledge, supposed to strive for balance in game. But anyone can see that's not the case, at all.
It's a "change team" or whatever you wanna call it. They make changes as they see fit, not to achieve a balance.
"
tinko92 wrote:

A "balance team" is, to my knowledge, supposed to strive for balance in game. But anyone can see that's not the case, at all.
It's a "change team" or whatever you wanna call it. They make changes as they see fit, not to achieve a balance.

At least they do something.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 22, 2017, 5:32:46 PM
Yeah I'm not going to sugar coat this, They're fucking bad at it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
-Un-nerfed thunder fist 1 chaos.
-Relics of many nerfed uniques like cloak of defiance and crest of pendeho 1 alch to 1 chaos.

Is there a fucking reason these are not just un-nerfed in the base game?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
-Un-nerfed thunder fist 1 chaos.
-Relics of many nerfed uniques like cloak of defiance and crest of pendeho 1 alch to 1 chaos.

Is there a fucking reason these are not just un-nerfed in the base game?

Thunderfist is actually a really curious example.

The current version (as of 2.6) is identical to the original, unnerfed (foil legacy) version. So it was okay, then shit, then okay again.

---

As for CoP/block builds, the process went like:
- Release shields with shittons of block% and trees with shittons of block%
- Oh, too easy to get to 75%, nerf shields globally
- Oh, still too easy to get to 75% (thanks Rumi's!), nerf the tree
- Oh, Rumi's was the problem, nerf the shit out of Rumi's

So even if CoP is buffed up to original value, the tree isn't and the combination isn't as strong as what caused it to be nerfed before.

Also Rumi's was a fucking abomination.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 22, 2017, 5:57:42 PM
"
pneuma wrote:

As for CoP/block builds, the process went like:
- Release shields with shittons of block% and trees with shittons of block%
- Oh, too easy to get to 75%, nerf shields globally
- Oh, still too easy to get to 75% (thanks Rumi's!), nerf the tree
- Oh, Rumi's was the problem, nerf the shit out of Rumi's

So even if CoP is buffed up to original value, the tree isn't and the combination isn't as strong as what caused it to be nerfed before.

Also Rumi's was a fucking abomination.

Now that Rumi is a husk of itself, GGG should at least remove the global shield nerf.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
the balance team can easily overlook a couple of variables.

Each and every patch

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

for years

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
accidentally nerfing it?

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
not giving it the promised buff?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info