[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
"
I see you don't use the scion life wheel? Can it be an alternate to grab? Or is it too far away from the important stuff to grab?

Definitely will give this cyclone variation I try especially since I found the amulet. Got bored of slayer cyclone last league.

Whats the point going for scion life wheel when you have already more than 200% life from the tree?
Answer the questions in the post you quoted. Is there a problem going for scion life wheel? Will important mods be missed if I go that route?
Last edited by GEIxBattleRifle on Mar 28, 2017, 9:43:07 AM
"
"
"
I see you don't use the scion life wheel? Can it be an alternate to grab? Or is it too far away from the important stuff to grab?

Definitely will give this cyclone variation I try especially since I found the amulet. Got bored of slayer cyclone last league.

Whats the point going for scion life wheel when you have already more than 200% life from the tree?
Answer the questions in the post you quoted. Is there a problem going for scion life wheel? Will important mods be missed if I go that route?

Just do tree including scion life wheel and look yourself what you gain or lose. There is no reason going for this because there is nothing interesting to take going there. You spend 6 points just to get there. Whats the point going there?
So essentially you don't know despite quoting the questions two times now. Maybe someone else does.
Last edited by GEIxBattleRifle on Mar 28, 2017, 11:21:22 AM
I literally said, you have to waste 5 points to get to scion life wheel. Traveling to vaal pact gives a lot more efficient life than going to scion area. Traveling there costs too much and gives you nothing and only good thing you can grab by traveling there is a jewel socket. Not to mention you have sacrafice something to go there because tree already posted in thread is like lvl 95/96. I really dont know what answer did you expect. You spend 7 points to get minimum of 19% increased life (2.71 life per point). If you get full wheel, its still about 3.75% life per point including points you need to get there. For example, flask/life nodes in ranger area costs 4 points and gives you 20% life and flask stuff (4% life per point). Even thick skin is more efficient than going there. If you think its worth it go for it, but I gave you arguments why its not worth it. You can do the tree and compare yourself if you dont believe me. Your question was
"
scion life wheel? Can it be an alternate to grab? Or is it too far away from the important stuff to grab?

So, the answer is: yes, its too far away and not too eficient to lose important stuff.

TL;DR: Pathing there costs too much, not efficient way to spend points. You gain nothing compare to the tree you have posted there.
Last edited by vsgv on Mar 28, 2017, 12:22:28 PM
"
I literally said, you have to waste 5 points to get to scion life wheel. Traveling to vaal pact gives a lot more efficient life than going to scion area. Traveling there costs too much and gives you nothing and only good thing you can grab by traveling there is a jewel socket. Not to mention you have sacrafice something to go there because tree already posted in thread is like lvl 95/96. I really dont know what answer did you expect. You spend 7 points to get minimum of 19% increased life (2.71 life per point). If you get full wheel, its still about 3.75% life per point including points you need to get there. For example, flask/life nodes in ranger area costs 4 points and gives you 20% life and flask stuff (4% life per point). Even thick skin is more efficient than going there. If you think its worth it go for it, but I gave you arguments why its not worth it. You can do the tree and compare yourself if you dont believe me. Your question was
"
scion life wheel? Can it be an alternate to grab? Or is it too far away from the important stuff to grab?

So, the answer is: yes, its too far away and not too eficient to lose important stuff.

TL;DR: Pathing there costs too much, not efficient way to spend points. You gain nothing compare to the tree you have posted there.
Now this is the type of response I wanted thank you. It took you a few replies unfortunately though.
Added a Minotaur kill @ https://youtu.be/iYF832vwemU, more videos are to come with better clearspeed.
This build has been tremendously fun to play. I've taken a slightly different approach from the OP.

Gear

Passive Tree

I elected to use Belly of the Beast instead of Kaom's. This allows better focus on the Molten Burst links. I went with Starkonja's as a helm. Partially to compensate for some of the HP lost without Kaom's. It's also pretty strong on its own with the IAS and dexterity for requirements. Basically a trade-off taking more HP for the 20% MS and 6% higher attack speed of Devoto's.

Xoph's seems to be vastly superior for Molten Burst, but only marginal upgrade for Molten Strike and Cyclone over a strong rare. Unless the enemy is covered in Ash from a hit, then it's vastly superior all around. Incredibly strong for the build, but at the cost, a solid rare will do you fine until you can afford it.

As for the tree, I felt EO took too many points to reach, and RT right there on the path. Not dealing with a conditional effect or needing any accuracy on gear is nice. EO may have more potential with great gear, but I elected for RT.

Staying on the southern path, Wrecking Ball is an incredibly strong 4-point node. On the left side, taking Cleaving is a really strong flat physical boost. Point Blank is essential with both Molten Strike and Molten Burst being used. Well worth the points to travel to it.

I went north from Vaal Pact to grab Coordination (AS%), Blood Siphon for Life/STR, and Trickery for Elemental Damage. Also brings another 20 DEX and INT to help with requirements.

Going north from the Marauder start allows another jewel slot, which I wanted to maximize with two of them used for Wildfire. It also puts the Scion life wheel in range for effective use.

I've been zipping through T13/14s so far, and looking forward to giving 15s and Guardians a shot as I fill out the Atlas more. I was easily able kill to Uber Izaro, albeit on an easy full-key day (Portals/Lieutenants). Full charges may require some dodging to avoid a one-shot, but the damage is easily there.

Incredibly satisfying to play. Vaal Cyclone is especially fun (except with you don't notice the Frost/Flame/Storm Bearers X_X)
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 28, 2017, 5:04:12 PM
"
This build has been tremendously fun to play. I've taken a slightly different approach from the OP.

Gear

Passive Tree

I elected to use Belly of the Beast instead of Kaom's. This allows better focus on the Molten Burst links. I went with Starkonja's as a helm. Partially to compensate for some of the HP lost without Kaom's. It's also pretty strong on its own with the IAS and dexterity for requirements. Basically a trade-off taking more HP for the 20% MS and 6% higher attack speed of Devoto's.

Xoph's seems to be vastly superior for Molten Burst, but only marginal upgrade for Molten Strike and Cyclone over a strong rare. Unless the enemy is covered in Ash from a hit, then it's vastly superior all around. Incredibly strong for the build, but at the cost, a solid rare will do you fine until you can afford it.

As for the tree, I felt EO took too many points to reach, and RT right there on the path. Not dealing with a conditional effect or needing any accuracy on gear is nice. EO may have more potential with great gear, but I elected for RT.

Staying on the southern path, Wrecking Ball is an incredibly strong 4-point node. On the left side, taking Cleaving is a really strong flat physical boost. Point Blank is essential with both Molten Strike and Molten Burst being used. Well worth the points to travel to it.

I went north from Vaal Pact to grab Coordination (AS%), Blood Siphon for Life/STR, and Trickery for Elemental Damage. Also brings another 20 DEX and INT to help with requirements.

Going north from the Marauder start allows another jewel slot, which I wanted to maximize with two of them used for Wildfire. It also puts the Scion life wheel in range for effective use.

I've been zipping through T13/14s so far, and looking forward to giving 15s and Guardians a shot as I fill out the Atlas more. I was easily able kill to Uber Izaro, albeit on an easy full-key day (Portals/Lieutenants). Full charges may require some dodging to avoid a one-shot, but the damage is easily there.

Incredibly satisfying to play. Vaal Cyclone is especially fun (except with you don't notice the Frost/Flame/Storm Bearers X_X)

I share many of those notions as well.

I started out with a 6l belly, it does enable both the cyclone and the molten strike to hit harder, but in the end, i prefered the extra 900 or so hp from kaoms. About the rare, it is indeed a great alternative, both to cap out resistances, get more hp, and get some decent damage as well.

IAS is indeed superior, but i didnt squeeze in Wrecking ball (i did in the original draft though) since i need Slaughter (Onslaught is pretty much 100% up) and priotirized other nodes.

The path to blood siphon is a good alternative as well.

And yeah, Vaal cyclone is just so much fun, even though it can be suicidal at times :D

Great insight!
For the Blasphemy + Herald of Ash + Flammability works? curse? HErald is an aura?
"

Gear

Passive Tree

Hi if you don't want to go to EO try this. More life more DPS. Issue is you need about 85 INT on gear.

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAO0BCwB0BS0Jlg48FCAUTRRxFHUYkRmKIq8j9io4LlMwdzJ-OFM5DjpSPfxHfkp9TZJQR1b6WGNZ_l8_ZFJlTWegaGV07XXLdqx253fXeHp67311ggeExYTZhO-FUoZgh2qHdozPjX2XBpd5m7WjiqTCqSeplK2Nu-O8n702vqfBo8M6xKLG2M9-02_Tftlh2XzaweJh45_kUeoY6mLrCe4O7w7vevPd9kj3Mvjr_Ev-uhjbdPEppSFgQKBeE-9OYVJ_K_1uft14-Y25fNlOMhfhJvgTTPJBAF4Zju2DCC7zb0nVCbshVdw9B3XApgAAAAAA

I pick up IR too. Well cause I'm limited by SSF and founded evasion stuffs along with axe.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 29, 2017, 2:50:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info