[2.6 Legacy SC] PF CI Glasscanon Budget Elemental Wander

"
SouLpunK wrote:
"
Austhern wrote:

It's the Purple Herald effect applied to Herald of Ice, you can also apply it on other Heralds for future characters so it's pretty flexible :)

Thanks Men, I think its not anymore available on the shop >.< feels bad man, i really want that lol

Oh don't worry, it's actually not in the shop yet! I got it from the Classic Mystery Box.

GGG said in the post that they will release most of the new MTXs (including the Purple Herald) one month after Legacy league ends! The price is also given in the post (125 points) so you can judge if you want to gamble or wait to buy it.
I finally completed my first low-budget gear set for this build. And it kicks ass! Thank you tons for the build!

One question, though. Do you balance out your resists to maximize the wise oak's effect? I tried to do it, but as a result had to pick semi-good rings etc.

Overall, do you see cheap (~1-2ex) room of improvement for my wander named Yolo_McSwagger?

Kind regards
"
tkwondave wrote:
I finally completed my first low-budget gear set for this build. And it kicks ass! Thank you tons for the build!

One question, though. Do you balance out your resists to maximize the wise oak's effect? I tried to do it, but as a result had to pick semi-good rings etc.

Overall, do you see cheap (~1-2ex) room of improvement for my wander named Yolo_McSwagger?

Kind regards

Wise Oak?
Perfectly balancing resistances for Wise Oak is tricky because of single-resistance flasks like Vinktar. If you want to have all resistances at the same level with Vinktar flask active, you have to overcap your fire and cold resistances, and once you run out of Vinktar you lose the lightning penetration, so I'd say it's not worth the hassle.

Gems
You don't seem to have Power charge on critical in your links, I suppose you can kill most bosses without running out then?
I would highly recommend trying out Chain instead of Slower projectiles for Vaal Power Siphon. If you have enough damage, it should allow you to off-screen.
Wrath and Herald are still only lvl 18.

Gear
Concerning gear upgrades, an Eye of Chayula with a decent corruption (8% attack speed is best) would be nice, the lightning leech you have currently is pretty useless because you already have a lot of leech. Also, a Crystal Belt with a decent Strength roll will be another improvement for survivability.

Your character is still lvl 81, so you're missing a bunch of es nodes, the Witch flask nodes and Wandslinger. The easiest and cheapest way to improve will be to simply level up and get your last Ascendancy points :)
How to get charges ?
"
vlmedved wrote:
How to get charges ?

Power charges
1. Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assassin's mark
This is the main source when mapping.

2. Vaal Power Siphon
This is the backup source when mapping in these scenarios :
- Curse immunity maps
- x% chance to avoid ailments maps
- Party with other people cursing

3. Frenzy + Power charge on critical
This is the only source in long boss fights without additional monsters.

Frenzy charges
1. Frenzy skill
This is the only source in long boss fights.

2. Blood Rage
This is an optional way to gain Frenzy charges when mapping, but I don't recommend it because damage shouldn't really be a problem when clearing and it can be dangerous in certain situations.
Is it possible to do as a raider?
I got a lv 73 wanderer as a raider but the build i used seems to have no dmg ( talking about t10 problems) and i dont wanna lv another character :) thx for the help
Have you had any luck killing The Cursed King? (the boss for Dark Forest Map, same werewolf boss from Lair).

I can't figure it out. Any strategy advice would be appreciated.
is Point Blank so neccesary here? is that what gives you such insane single-target DPS?
The Mirror of Kalandra :
1st - 5th May, 2020 18:32
2nd - 28th April, 2021 04:25
Any chance we can get an updated version of this build ready for 3.0, I think with the bandit changes this build wont be the same.
Sorry guys I was away for a while and forgot to check the questions here.

"
itaizilca wrote:
Is it possible to do as a raider?
I got a lv 73 wanderer as a raider but the build i used seems to have no dmg ( talking about t10 problems) and i dont wanna lv another character :) thx for the help

Yes, raider is fine too.

"
bowserpunch wrote:
Have you had any luck killing The Cursed King? (the boss for Dark Forest Map, same werewolf boss from Lair).

I can't figure it out. Any strategy advice would be appreciated.

One thing to look out for is the wolf form. During this phase he is completely immune to damage so don't bother shooting him, just run away and hide behind a tree or something until he transforms back into human form (wolf form lasts 8 seconds).

When he does the wolf barrage attack, he has 90% reduced damage taken and the projectiles deal more damage the further they go (reversed point blank). So what you do is hug him really close and facetank him if you have Vinktar flask up. I'm not sure if we can facetank without Vinktar, but you can always kill the small adds in the arena to get charges. Also, I think sometimes he gets locked in place during the attack (won't be able to turn around to target you), maybe when he aims at your golem(?). If he's locked, then just go behind him and attack.

(Source : http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Rigwald%2C+the+Wolven+King)

"
Kirkville wrote:
is Point Blank so neccesary here? is that what gives you such insane single-target DPS?

Yes, most wand builds take it when you have enough KB damage to not notice that much difference at long range while clearing.

"
Zero_Cool9407 wrote:
Any chance we can get an updated version of this build ready for 3.0, I think with the bandit changes this build wont be the same.

With Vaal Pact no longer affecting Energy Shield leech, most ES attack builds that rely on instant leech are dead in 3.0. If you are interested in a life based wander, I recommend Toma_Hawk's guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1764075.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info