[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
Invalesco wrote:
Hey there! Thanks!

1. Touch of Anguish has low APS, which isn't optimal as a weapon with high APS scales really well with added flat physical damage on gear. In addition, not being able to freeze all the time with crits makes ToA less satisfying to play with. The key is to trade smart and be savvy. ToA is perfectly adequate for clearing red maps. I got my claw by being patient and watching the market. Those 10 ex claws you see on trade with no crit are massively overpriced and I wouldn't touch them. If you have 10 ex, don't spend it on anything less than 340 DPS, 1.8 APS and 7.8% crit imo. If it fails any of these criteria, don't bother. Keep waiting for a better claw.

2. 5 off colours in an ES chest is massively tough to get so I understand where you're coming from. This is a decent set up, but I would suggest switching faster attacks for cold pen or hypothermia. (Hypothermia actually does more damage versus mobs that can be chilled).

Thanks for the quick answer. Since we are discussing alternatives, what do you think about accuracy?

I use these gloves and helm as my source of acc. Do you think a Shaper's Touch is better or this is enough?

And changing a little bit the subject, what are your thoughts in HoI + CoH vs Orb of Storms x PCoC to generate charges?? Orb of storms grants another advantage or debbuf?

Finally, wouldn't vaal l. trap be a good weapon in our arsenal?

Sorry for the wall of questions.
You think it's worth doing that chrome trick with jeweller's orbs to get 5 off colors Invalesco? I'm already 7,000+ chromes deep.

Here's what I'm talking about in case you didn't see: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/62dq39/alternative_way_of_getting_fully_offcolored_items/
"
You think it's worth doing that chrome trick with jeweller's orbs to get 5 off colors Invalesco? I'm already 7,000+ chromes deep.

Here's what I'm talking about in case you didn't see: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/62dq39/alternative_way_of_getting_fully_offcolored_items/

Holy s.. man. You tried almost 60 times with 3R and didn't get at least a 5 off roll?? I feel your pain :(

By the way GG Regalia, Congrats.
Last edited by tgodoy85 on Mar 30, 2017, 6:36:41 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:

Decent is an understatement haha. That is very nice gear and is almost on par with mine, gratz! Your dps is top tier now. Likely the next step of upgrades will be for ES gear.

Haha thank you. For anyone wondering, I took down shaper as raider with that gear.
How do you deal with Frost Blades insane mana cost while leveling? I'm just barely managing with two -8 elreon coral rings, but I'm in A1 cruel and will have to drop them soon for more life. Mana reservation at the moment is blasph warlord's mark and hatred.
"
How do you deal with Frost Blades insane mana cost while leveling? I'm just barely managing with two -8 elreon coral rings, but I'm in A1 cruel and will have to drop them soon for more life. Mana reservation at the moment is blasph warlord's mark and hatred.

I did use this

Only 1 but i never have mana problem with 6L frostblade. Try it and see if there's any difference.
I use inc crit chance in the setup but the crit still not enough :( i mean i can't use orb of storm to generate pc because the initial hit barely crit so i can't get any charge. Any solution for this ?
"
tgodoy85 wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer. Since we are discussing alternatives, what do you think about accuracy?

I use these gloves and helm as my source of acc. Do you think a Shaper's Touch is better or this is enough?

And changing a little bit the subject, what are your thoughts in HoI + CoH vs Orb of Storms x PCoC to generate charges?? Orb of storms grants another advantage or debbuf?

Finally, wouldn't vaal l. trap be a good weapon in our arsenal?

Sorry for the wall of questions.

No worries!

Ok, with Shaper's Touch I have a 91% chance to hit (although I will be getting an accuracy jewel soon which will bring it to 92%), despite not having any accuracy on gear. I do have some INT on gear however which brings my Accuracy up to the mark.

Shaper's Touch provides the following benefits:

1. With this build, we get enough dex and int to provide enough accuracy to not need accuracy on gear with Shaper's Touch.

2. Also, because we need Str to use our gems, the Str ends up providing a bonus to ES as well, which is great.

3. The Dex also gets transformed to increased %melee phys damage, and when you have 300 dex, thats alot of damage.

4. It is highly affordable.

The above 4 points are reasons enough to get Shaper's Touch over any rare ES glove. When you add on the fact that players are more likely to corrupt relatively common uniques than GG rares, and it is going to be way easier to obtain a unique glove with a good corrupt: eg. temp chains/ele weakness, then there really is no reason at all to not get a Shaper's Touch as long as you can balance your res on other pieces of gear.

That said, your gloves and helm are really nice and since you already have a nice pair of ES gloves, I probably wouldn't replace it except for a Shaper's Touch with a good corrupt.

"

Heya fellow CB mate! That's an extremely nice chest that you've got there! But that really is quite tough chrome luck.

I've seen that video, I think its definitely worth it, but only if your chest is not already 6-linked.

I'd go about getting 4R1G with the first 5 sockets than just use vorici 6S to get the last blue socket. I think it'll be more affordable than chromes spamming. Your chest is already 6L-ed though so it'll only be more worth it for you if you don't think you can get the colours in the next 8000 or so chromes.

"

Heya! My pathing and yours is slightly different: I went up to Shadow early on to get HP nodes, Blood Drinker node and the Mind Drinker node for life leech and mana leech respectively so I never had any problems with mana at all despite not using elreon rings or Praxis (thanks for the tip huyak!).

I'll add in an intermediate tree immediately. Thanks for the heads up!

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
I use inc crit chance in the setup but the crit still not enough :( i mean i can't use orb of storm to generate pc because the initial hit barely crit so i can't get any charge. Any solution for this ?

Heya! The other option is to use Orb of Storms linked with PCoC and Incr. Crit Strikes to generate power charges quicker, but that would mean not being able to use Orb of Storms to curse Ele Weakness for you and you might have to self cast ele weakness instead if you wish to use that buff. Do you have your diamond flask up as well when you use Orb of Storms? If you do so it'll also help generate PC faster.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"

Rush to Soul Raker! That 0,8 all Attack Damage Mana Leech is so ridiculously strong.
Any remotely decent weapon paired with Hatred/Herald should be more than enough to sustain your mana.
I was leveling with Tabula Rasa and one -8 ring and never really had any problems after I got Soul Raker.
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Mar 31, 2017, 10:12:01 AM
Sorry if this has been covered but I quickly skimmed through the pages and didn't see it.
How are you activating the bonus mods on the Flight for Survival jewel in the socket above the ranger starting area? From everything I see the build only reaches +30 dex from that socket area?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info